2019-09-24 Ancienne Belgique, Brussels Belgium

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2019
d0gbones
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 132
Joined: 18 Aug 2015, 13:01
Location: lost in the drift

Better Reptile is slowly getting more menacing and I like it.
User avatar
Robson
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 173
Joined: 17 Apr 2010, 21:44
Location: Belgium

No Floor Il
:cry:
- since 1992 -
majorsixth
Road Kill
Posts: 84
Joined: 06 Mar 2019, 05:46

I've grown very fond of Better Reptile too, they seem to get it across better and some of the guitar parts were lost in the mix for me initially which was more a sound/recording/hearing issue than a song one.
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12758
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 71%

Here is Alice, recorded by Ingo ... wonderful ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...
anyway, it was a great choice to start with Alice, especially at the AB with their reliable crowd chorus ... ;D ;D ;D ...

though, that "Bon Soir" at the end had made me wonder already in the periscope ... :? ... for sure it's good there's no gig tonight ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn2gjo4l08g
User avatar
Pista
Cureboi
Posts: 14618
Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 15:03
Location: Lost In A Forest
Contact:

Robson wrote:No Floor Il
:cry:
:lol: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
User avatar
euphoria
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1109
Joined: 11 Mar 2003, 19:39
Location: Berlin

Being645 wrote:Here is Alice, recorded by Ingo ... wonderful ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...
anyway, it was a great choice to start with Alice, especially at the AB with their reliable crowd chorus ... ;D ;D ;D ...

though, that "Bon Soir" at the end had made me wonder already in the periscope ... :? ... for sure it's good there's no gig tonight ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn2gjo4l08g
Thanks, Ingo's recordings are always very good I think :notworthy:

First (no, ruffers too of course!) one where I've seen the curtain in the beginning, the whole stage setup really looks different compared to previous tours.

What do you mean regarding Bonsoir?
User avatar
ruffers
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1944
Joined: 24 Jan 2005, 16:43
Location: At home - but you knew that didn't you?

Set list from the lighting guy, letters are his notes.
I can't seem to get the hang of resizing (I tried) so mods feel free!



Image
2019 - London London Brussels Brussels Stockholm Paris Utrecht
2020 - Leeds & Nottingham, so far anyway. And Frankfurt. And Manchester with huge thanks to Gothicbiff

Not Frankfurt
User avatar
Charlie
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1227
Joined: 27 Mar 2017, 19:12
Location: Yorkshire

Loads more great videos just gone up here :D

https://www.youtube.com/user/thomasvand ... shelf_id=0
User avatar
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1147
Joined: 13 Apr 2008, 18:36
Location: Maastricht

it was fabulous. so happy we could at least make this one. I'm a happy cat
User avatar
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 5256
Joined: 22 Apr 2003, 23:51
Location: The North.

Charlie wrote:Loads more great videos just gone up here :D

https://www.youtube.com/user/thomasvand ... shelf_id=0
Magnificent, cheers for the link 8)
User avatar
ruffers
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1944
Joined: 24 Jan 2005, 16:43
Location: At home - but you knew that didn't you?

Charlie wrote:Loads more great videos just gone up here :D

https://www.youtube.com/user/thomasvand ... shelf_id=0
These are great
2019 - London London Brussels Brussels Stockholm Paris Utrecht
2020 - Leeds & Nottingham, so far anyway. And Frankfurt. And Manchester with huge thanks to Gothicbiff

Not Frankfurt
User avatar
iesus
Overbomber
Posts: 3428
Joined: 15 Mar 2006, 11:15
Location: x-EU

Charlie wrote:Loads more great videos just gone up here :D

https://www.youtube.com/user/thomasvand ... shelf_id=0
Thank you for sharing, good ones :D
Goths play Golf too ...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
User avatar
Swinnow
Overbomber
Posts: 2619
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 08:51
Location: Self-isolating from feral Guinea Pigs

Ta for the link on YT
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
User avatar
ruffers
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1944
Joined: 24 Jan 2005, 16:43
Location: At home - but you knew that didn't you?

Charlie wrote:
ruffers wrote:
Charlie wrote:Was that 'fag break' instrumental i heard starting at the end?! :lol:[/quot

Fag break is a very big euphemism no?
yep, you're right of course, no offence meant. I didn't mean anything by it! :oops: :oops:
Perhaps I wasn't clear - I was suspecting that rather than the break being for a lovely Marlboro, it might actually be the chance to line up something a bit more, erm, energising...?
2019 - London London Brussels Brussels Stockholm Paris Utrecht
2020 - Leeds & Nottingham, so far anyway. And Frankfurt. And Manchester with huge thanks to Gothicbiff

Not Frankfurt
User avatar
Charlie
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1227
Joined: 27 Mar 2017, 19:12
Location: Yorkshire

ruffers wrote:
Charlie wrote:
ruffers wrote: yep, you're right of course, no offence meant. I didn't mean anything by it! :oops: :oops:
Perhaps I wasn't clear - I was suspecting that rather than the break being for a lovely Marlboro, it might actually be the chance to line up something a bit more, erm, energising...?
Oh .... i see! Got ya! :wink: :D

Still, i did feel bad last night, it's an old term that is probably best not used now!
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12758
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 71%

Charlie wrote:Loads more great videos just gone up here :D

https://www.youtube.com/user/thomasvand ... shelf_id=0
Thank you for the link! ... :D ... No time to watch them and go on with SistersWiki-editing before late today ...
but now there's a lot more to look forward to ... :D :D :D ...



@euphoria
It sounded a bit rough. But there was nothing else like that during the gig, so most likely nothing really
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12758
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 71%

Eventually, some basic page is done... :) ...

And going through all the videos confirmed my impression that a day of rest is surely a good thing.
Maybe some nice hot milk or herbal tea with honey might soften the tissue ... :kiss: :wink: ...
User avatar
Pista
Cureboi
Posts: 14618
Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 15:03
Location: Lost In A Forest
Contact:

Review

golf nostalgie ?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
abridged
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1253
Joined: 08 Sep 2008, 10:27
Location: Derry

Pista wrote:Review

golf nostalgie ?
18 holes on the course next door? :innocent: :wink:
The Chancer Corporation
User avatar
euphoria
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1109
Joined: 11 Mar 2003, 19:39
Location: Berlin

Being645 wrote: @euphoria
It sounded a bit rough. But there was nothing else like that during the gig, so most likely nothing really
Ah, thanks! He really gives all he has in the Flood II wailings, maybe should take it easy with that ;D

Otherwise I must say that he sings really good now in some places, and I don't mean where he's supported by Ben. Slow songs are particularly good.

He seems to be in a great mood here, commenting the colours in the beginning and supressing a laugh at 1:40 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdmlvkG_Bt0
Bartek
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 5897
Joined: 17 Sep 2005, 10:47

Von wrote:Get the deep, deep blue. Or green. Whatever.
Von wrote:Oh! Magenta ... What the fuck?!
:lol:

It should goes straight on top of the best on-liners
Last edited by Bartek on 26 Sep 2019, 12:25, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Pista
Cureboi
Posts: 14618
Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 15:03
Location: Lost In A Forest
Contact:

Bartek wrote:
Von wrote:Get the deep, deep blue . Or green. Whatever.
Von wrote:Oh! magenta ... what the fuck?!
:lol:

It should goes straight on top of the best on-liners
:lol: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12758
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 71%

euphoria wrote:
Being645 wrote: @euphoria
It sounded a bit rough. But there was nothing else like that during the gig, so most likely nothing really
Ah, thanks! He really gives all he has in the Flood II wailings, maybe should take it easy with that ;D

Otherwise I must say that he sings really good now in some places, and I don't mean where he's supported by Ben. Slow songs are particularly good.

He seems to be in a great mood here, commenting the colours in the beginning and supressing a laugh at 1:40 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdmlvkG_Bt0
... :lol: ... That is true ... the mood is great .... as it has been during all of the tour ... ;D ...

And really, in some places he sings better than ever. Just like in dream.
It's always different, to watch it on video, even when they are as good as they are nowadays.

Magenta, yes ... ;D ... and the " Bedankt" sounds fully fine too. I sometimes worry too much ...
User avatar
Charlie
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1227
Joined: 27 Mar 2017, 19:12
Location: Yorkshire

Being645 wrote: I sometimes worry too much ...
I know what you mean! I can always find things to worry about in life. :lol:

He's sounding great right now, but it's a long tour this year, hope he can look after the voice for all that time!
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12758
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 71%

Charlie wrote:
Being645 wrote: I sometimes worry too much ...
I know what you mean! I can always find things to worry about in life. :lol:

He's sounding great right now, but it's a long tour this year, hope he can look after the voice for all that time!
:lol: ... yes, maybe that has more of a grip on my than I'm aware of ... worry and deeply negative convictions about everyone and everything including myself... :lol: ...

Fortunately, there are always days of rest between gigs... ;D ... and in Australia and South America, it's going to be nice and warm... ;D ...
Locked