2020-03-10. O2 Academy, Leeds UK

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2020 and 2022
morwenstow
Road Kill

I've never seen the Sisters in Leeds before.

Are hometown gigs special?
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

morwenstow wrote:I've never seen the Sisters in Leeds before.

yeah, i'd say they are. it will be only the 5th time in Leeds for me although it seems more. :?:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
ruffers
Overbomber

I have no idea how I am going to make this work from a work perspective, but ticket bought anyway.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Nah not necessarily, but it's an individual perspective thing innit. This is gig 3 of a fairly packed schedule of shows so I'd imagine it'll be a business-first approach. But then it's the Sisters in Leeds so you could certainly argue it's always gonna be special, maybe for the crowd moreso than the band.

The short answer is ... soon find out :D
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Yes, but they've not been Leeds for quite some time now.
Goths have feelings too
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

paint it black wrote:

Also a good point.
mh
Above the Chemist

Also worth keeping an eye open for anything else that may be happening on that day. Last time round Salvation played the Fenton (IIRC) a few hours before, which was a nice treat.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
morwenstow
Road Kill

paint it black wrote:

Yes, obv.

I'm tempted. Hmm. Midweek. Hmm.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Dry Dock beforehand ladies?
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Swinnow wrote:Dry Dock beforehand ladies?
Speaking on behalf of the HL witches - yes!
Swinnow
Overbomber

Sound, we can crawl our way up there from your temporary Witchbase on City Square :)
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Memphis Rich
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Just had an email saying my ticket is on the way. They don't rush do they?
Words are just turds
In sewers of sound
eastmidswhizzkid

Planet Dave wrote:
paint it black wrote:

Also a good point.
apart from Si's NME benefit the girls havent played the peoples republic since the XXX gigs. :eek:

Being645
Above the Chemist

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: apart from Si's NME benefit the girls havent played the peoples republic since the XXX gigs. :eek:
Not true. They played Leeds Beckett in 2015:

https://sisterswiki.org/Wed,_14-Oct-2015
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Being645 wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: apart from Si's NME benefit the girls havent played the peoples republic since the XXX gigs. :eek:

Yup. Cracking version of No Time To Cry as I recall.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid

markfiend wrote:
Being645 wrote:

Yup. Cracking version of No Time To Cry as I recall.
ah yes i stand corrected. that was the winter of my discount tent and gettting dumped byu text message. all my own fault for not insisting on listening to The Sisters on my birthday for the first time i remember. beaches eh? only saw the girls at rock city. all better now. 8)

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Jihad, 1959 and Police Car, that's what I remember that gig for. And Von blaming the audience for the band being s**t, or words to that effect :lol: bang average gig which was saved by 1959 and Jihad imho, you definitely went to the right show that tour Lee.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
eastmidswhizzkid

except i found myself right at the very front but to the left in an enclave of po-faced darklings who weren't singing! as i was -very loudly: they came on to Kiss ffs- they were all looking at me like i was having a wank and chucking my seed at the band lol.

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:except i found myself right at the very front but to the left in an enclave of po-faced darklings who weren't singing! as i was -very loudly: they came on to Kiss ffs- they were all looking at me like i was having a wank and chucking my seed at the band lol.
I trust you met their stares with 'look folks you lot had better shift or some of this seed will land your stupid heads' :lol:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
eastmidswhizzkid

Planet Dave wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:except i found myself right at the very front but to the left in an enclave of po-faced darklings who weren't singing! as i was -very loudly: they came on to Kiss ffs- they were all looking at me like i was having a wank and chucking my seed at the band lol.
I trust you met their stares with 'look folks you lot had better shift or some of this seed will land your stupid heads' :lol:
i think i went and stood next to Johnny and deafened him instead! 5 hours in Leeds A&E....fair turnaround's fair play. :twisted:

eastmidswhizzkid

i'm trying to plan my leeds trip to best optimise my time spent with my HL brothers and sisters whilst bearing in mind i am off to Nottingham the following night. is there an after party or something happening ? can any one let me know the details if there is please? ta muchly. :kiss: 8)

paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Planet Dave wrote:Jihad, 1959 and Police Car, that's what I remember that gig for. And Von blaming the audience for the band being s**t, or words to that effect :lol: bang average gig which was saved by 1959 and Jihad imho, you definitely went to the right show that tour Lee.
I think I got thrown over the barrier and had a stand up row with Chris post gig. Good times. Or maybe that was another time and this time I actually drank green tea? Who knows, not me anyway
Goths have feelings too
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:i'm trying to plan my leeds trip to best optimise my time spent with my HL brothers and sisters whilst bearing in mind i am off to Nottingham the following night. is there an after party or something happening ? can any one let me know the details if there is please? ta muchly. :kiss: 8)
I've zero idea about after-do's though I guess there might be something organised downstairs at the Academy? Failing that it'll presumably be back to the Boat-On-A-Roundabout. Sofa-space is available if required, yep even for larging-it Kloppites, I understand mate, 30 years is a lot of waiting :kiss:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

paint it black wrote:
Planet Dave wrote:Jihad, 1959 and Police Car, that's what I remember that gig for. And Von blaming the audience for the band being s**t, or words to that effect :lol: bang average gig which was saved by 1959 and Jihad imho, you definitely went to the right show that tour Lee.
I think I got thrown over the barrier and had a stand up row with Chris post gig. Good times. Or maybe that was another time and this time I actually drank green tea? Who knows, not me anyway
I thought you got thrown over the barrier at every gig Ez.
eastmidswhizzkid

Planet Dave wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:i'm trying to plan my leeds trip to best optimise my time spent with my HL brothers and sisters whilst bearing in mind i am off to Nottingham the following night. is there an after party or something happening ? can any one let me know the details if there is please? ta muchly. :kiss: 8)
I've zero idea about after-do's though I guess there might be something organised downstairs at the Academy? Failing that it'll presumably be back to the Boat-On-A-Roundabout. Sofa-space is available if required, yep even for larging-it Kloppites, I understand mate, 30 years is a lot of waiting :kiss:
thank you Bro on both counts. likewise if you wanna come to Rock City the next day 'ospitality on WhizzWorld is all yours.