2022-04-01. Muziekgieterij, Maastricht NL

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2020 and 2022
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote:Saturday looks like a good plan to me ... :notworthy: ... very much looking forward to it ... :D :D :D ... Count me in ...
perfect!
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

paul wrote:Okay, it looks I'm going ....
good news:)
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

Apologies for the late reply and thank you sziamiau for the open invitation, but we're in Maastricht for three days from Wednesday then heading to Amsterdam on Saturday for three days there before heading to Den Haag for some other gig:D
Thank you again for your offer of hospitality and if you see an older fatter version of my avatar at the gig then that'll be me :)
🎵 Good times come to me now 🎶
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

sam donut wrote:Apologies for the late reply and thank you sziamiau for the open invitation, but we're in Maastricht for three days from Wednesday then heading to Amsterdam on Saturday for three days there before heading to Den Haag for some other gig:D
Thank you again for your offer of hospitality and if you see an older fatter version of my avatar at the gig then that'll be me :)
no worries. we might actually do something on Friday instead, we will see when time comes closer. will meet for sure:)
spyroseldritch
Road Kill

sziamiau wrote:okay so here is what I'm thinking: the Maastricht gig is on Friday, Nijmegen is on Sunday. Maastricht is a pretty decent town so those of you stay for Saturday, I am planning to have a get together at my house and all HLers are invited. would be afternoon-evening which would allow you to explore Maastricht during the day. nothing fancy, some food, BBQ, drinks, etc and just a good time. Sunday afternoon we will also head to Nijmegen. our house is about 8 minutes by car from the center, 20 minutes by bus. so just let me know if you would like to come, obviously i need an approximate head count so I can prepare:)
Hey thanks for the open invitation! Sorry can't make it.Will be in your lovely town only Friday and Saturday afternoon heading to Nijmegen. If you guys arrange pre gigs drinks would love to join you
I see dumb people
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

spyroseldritch wrote:
sziamiau wrote:okay so here is what I'm thinking: the Maastricht gig is on Friday, Nijmegen is on Sunday. Maastricht is a pretty decent town so those of you stay for Saturday, I am planning to have a get together at my house and all HLers are invited. would be afternoon-evening which would allow you to explore Maastricht during the day. nothing fancy, some food, BBQ, drinks, etc and just a good time. Sunday afternoon we will also head to Nijmegen. our house is about 8 minutes by car from the center, 20 minutes by bus. so just let me know if you would like to come, obviously i need an approximate head count so I can prepare:)
Hey thanks for the open invitation! Sorry can't make it.Will be in your lovely town only Friday and Saturday afternoon heading to Nijmegen. If you guys arrange pre gigs drinks would love to join you
Ok will keep you updated and let’s see if we do something Friday. It’s starting to look like Friday is just better for everyone
paul
Overbomber

Just called the Muziekgieterij, no cancellation of the gig (yet) ...
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

Brill, am.in Maastricht now with all my fingers, toes and eyes crossed. Soaking wet but my goodness what a lovely place.
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

sam donut wrote:Brill, am.in Maastricht now with all my fingers, toes and eyes crossed. Soaking wet but my goodness what a lovely place.
isn't it? and the weather is getting better today hopefully next time around you'll get to enjoy it more. still no news on the site so would be good to get an official confirm from the band that this is not happening:( my kitty heart is breaking but it's for the best
Being645
Above the Chemist

Also no cancellation on part of the venue ... like with all the other venues in NL/B ...
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

From Heartland facebook discussion:
"the band only found out last night too. "

Sounds like instruction from the agent?
Being645
Above the Chemist

Julia McLean answering to Mirjam Hartstra:
"... the band only found out last night too. That's the last one until "after the zombie apocalypse"..."

So that is official? And reliable?
iesus
Overbomber

Last edited by iesus on 12 Mar 2020, 11:19, edited 1 time in total.
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

yeah it takes time, I understand. but since the Dutch are not making the call (again today only concentrating on Brabant so far), the band needs to inform and make the call for them
Last edited by sziamiau on 12 Mar 2020, 11:19, edited 2 times in total.
majorsixth
Road Kill

Being645 wrote:Julia McLean answering to Mirjam Hartstra:
"... the band only found out last night too. That's the last one until "after the zombie apocalypse"..."

that might be based on Von mumbling something about the last time... pretty much ever during NTTC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIj6Riob57Q

I wonder if the Poison Door post about the tour being postponed has a proper confirmation behind it though.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

majorsixth wrote:
Being645 wrote:Julia McLean answering to Mirjam Hartstra:

that might be based on Von mumbling something about the last time... pretty much ever during NTTC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIj6Riob57Q

I wonder if the Poison Door post about the tour being postponed has a proper confirmation behind it though.
The PD info was as far as I know based on what Kenny the merch guy said in Nottingham.

Whatever the source, the band need to inform about this ASAP within hours - they have in any case at least 4 German concerts definitely not taking place and need to update now.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Yes, the Germany dates seem definitely off. But as to NL/B nothing is really definite so far ... and should be made clear asap ... there are people and venues waiting for information.

But I guess that's the point. If venues are not obliged to withdraw due to government orders, they won't just cancel and take upon them the cost and so on ... most likely a lot of telephone calls and emails are being exchanged right now. And we will need a little more patience ... :wink: ...
spyroseldritch
Road Kill

Its cancelled. Got this email The Sisters of Mercy
NEW DATE: MON 28/09/2020 | 20u
I see dumb people
Being645
Above the Chemist

Yes, me too. So it is definitely postponed ... maybe for the better ...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I've changed the thread title...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

I did not get the email but I'm sure it will come. I'm happy the decision is made.
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

sziamiau wrote:
sam donut wrote:Brill, am.in Maastricht now with all my fingers, toes and eyes crossed. Soaking wet but my goodness what a lovely place.
isn't it? and the weather is getting better today hopefully next time around you'll get to enjoy it more. still no news on the site so would be good to get an official confirm from the band that this is not happening:( my kitty heart is breaking but it's for the best
Definitely coming in September. Had a lovely day strolling round in the sunshine today. Really sad that it's not happening but it's definitely the sensible decision, and it's certainly not the worst thing that this virus has done.
Decided to go home tomorrow but will be raring to return.
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

Oh and got to have a tea in a Coffee and Cats cafe, so that was fun :)
Jan
Amphetamine Filth

If anyone can't make it to the new date and has a spare ticket, I'd be interested ;-)
"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

Flights booked, tickets kept (for here and Den Haag), will book hotels and hope some optimism and stimulation can keep the hospitality sector going. If the virus is still grinding us down by September we're f**ked anyway, so I look forward to another stay in the Netherlands and maybe a drink with sziamiau and any other HLer. Ever onward and good health.