2022-05-18, Kulturbolaget (KB) Malmö SE

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2020 and 2022
Pista
Cureboi

Tickets

Roll call
@TheGoodSon
@Drsisters

setlist: with thanks to @Drsisters :notworthy:

Don't Drive On Ice
Ribbons
There's A Door
I Will Call You
Alice
But Genevieve
Marian
Instrumental 86
Giving Ground
More
Show Me
Eyes of Caligula
Black Sail
I Was Wrong
When I'm On Fire
Here

encore 1:

Never Land
Lucretia, My Reflection

encore 2:

Temple Of Love
This Corrosion
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
TheGoodSon
Amphetamine Filth

I´ll be there tonight, anyone else?
The dominant need of the needy soul is to be needed.
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Bit surprised that this and in fact none of the swedish gigs are sold out. That must be the first time since... ever?
TheGoodSon
Amphetamine Filth

Depprocksfarfar wrote: 18 May 2022, 10:32 Bit surprised that this and in fact none of the swedish gigs are sold out. That must be the first time since... ever?
I think that is something that comes with insisting on being a live act only, and never release any products. Gradually, the larger audience will lose interest.
The dominant need of the needy soul is to be needed.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

I wouldn't draw any general conclusions from this tour announced in the pandemic, many people are still not comfortable with going to concerts, even in liberal Sweden.

Have a good time tonight!
Being645
Above the Chemist

6pm ... 8) ... time to get your hand together for another load of love, pleasure, joy and fun coming from The Sisters groove machine ... :bat: ;D ;D ;D :bat: ...

Have wonderful night everybody out there over @KB ... :D :D :D ...
FireInReptileHouse
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Do indeed have a top nite out all

Still waiting for the song with - We will steal what we cannot buy when all is stole from us - unless they're not lyrics but hey just a thought as I remembered the shirt
we will steal what we cannot buy when all is stole from us
Being645
Above the Chemist

First videos deep in the night ... :) ... Thank you, Ingo ... :) ...

Drsisters
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Ok.. gig.. Not as loud as in Aarhus.. better attendance then in Aarhus. But still you were able to visit the bar and make your way back to the front without to much hussle. Same standard setlist as in Aarhus.

AE really needs to put somerhing out.. only time the audience really got bonanza was during the classics..
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
Pista
Cureboi

Drsisters wrote: 19 May 2022, 07:02 only time the audience really got bonanza was during the classics..
I've noticed this on so many comments & from those posting the set live.
New songs are getting a lot of love but as soon as Lucretia, TOL, & Disco (thanks @Bartek :lol: ) start up, the crowd explodes.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

Drsisters wrote: 19 May 2022, 07:02 Same standard setlist as in Aarhus.
That is including 10 !!! new songs ... oh, I'd love to hear all these versions ... ;D ...
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Audience's only bursting into life for the big guns has been way of things at Sisters gigs for decades.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote: 19 May 2022, 10:27 Audience's only bursting into life for the big guns has been way of things at Sisters gigs for decades.
True, but there's still a difference between, let's say, There's a door and Giving ground, to take a relatively unknown released song as an example. There will be a hell lot more people recognising GG, singing and moving along to it compared to a completely new one. The band are of course aware of this but still choose to play a setlist consisting of 50 % completely new songs which I think is very cool :notworthy:
Should just be complemented by some kind of release (I don't care in which form) so people can listen to it without searching live versions on YT, because I haven't yet met anyone outside the forums who does.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Judging form the gigis i've been, even though most of crowd didn't know the newest songs, they were having fun, clapping and dancing. The fast and catchy one are easy to have a good time during gig. See and listen video of She's a monster - new song, first time Player and Spainards reacted like to well known one. Which makes me wonder why they decided to drop it from the setlist.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Pista wrote: 19 May 2022, 07:28 I've noticed this on so many comments & from those posting the set live.
New songs are getting a lot of love but as soon as Lucretia, TOL, & Disco (thanks @Bartek :lol: ) start up, the crowd explodes.
Strange that no one came to that conclusion ThisCo(rossion) it's obvious to spot; which also fits the music and small party that crowd have during the song.

BTW In Polish we can turn it into more absurd disco rotosserie as the last one is "rożen", and it's close in pronounceiation to the "rossion" part.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Another reason this tour for sometimes muted crowd response may be the omission of Dominion/MR that usually gets the crowd going for real. It has never been my own favourite, but it's hard to deny the effect it has on the gig atmosphere. Maybe not this tour for obvious reasons. My feeling now is it won't return at all though.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

So this tour being the best thing since 'insert golden era of your choice' lasted how long?
Last edited by Planet Dave on 19 May 2022, 18:03, edited 1 time in total.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

For me personally it's the best ever, without a doubt.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

The same here, without any doubt or hasitation.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

FWIW I agree, and that's having seen none of the shows in person. An album tour without the album is as alternative as it gets ;D and when at least half that album is comprised of brilliant meaningful thought-provoking tunes and lyrics (to my own ears and tastes) then all the better. Right now I'd drop most of the remaining older songs and play Susanne, C&B, Summer etc instead. But hey, why look for holes to pick? Who cares what the rest of the crowd are up to if you're having a great time? The crowd response at Sisters shows will always be muted if they don't turn up on stage in crushed velvet and big hats, that's on the audience not the band.
ruffers
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote: 19 May 2022, 18:16 The crowd response at Sisters shows will always be muted if they don't turn up on stage in crushed velvet and big hats, that's on the audience not the band.
Imagine if they did though, just once...
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Being645
Above the Chemist

ruffers wrote: 20 May 2022, 14:15
Planet Dave wrote: 19 May 2022, 18:16 The crowd response at Sisters shows will always be muted if they don't turn up on stage in crushed velvet and big hats, that's on the audience not the band.
They will only do if Wayne and Craig back in the band and Ben, Dylan, and Ravey out ...
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

ruffers wrote: 20 May 2022, 14:15
:lol: :lol:
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

(Fan) Review in Swedish. Don't recognise the name but I guess it's someone on here?

https://hymn.se/2022/05/19/the-sisters- ... antningar/

An interview as of today (yesterday) is mentioned but I don't find any?