2022-05-24. Vega, København DK

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2020 and 2022
Pista
Cureboi

Tickets

Roll call
@TheGoodSon
@WindyMiller
@Dust Witch

Setlist: with thanks to @iesus :notworthy:

Don't Drive On Ice
Crash And Burn
Ribbons
There's A Door
I Will Call You
Alice
But Genevieve
We Are The Same, Susanne
Instrumental 86
Giving Ground
More
Show Me
Eyes Of Caligula
I Was Wrong
When I'm On Fire
Here

encore 1:

Summer
Lucretia, My Reflection

encore 2:

Temple Of Love
This Corrosion
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
TheGoodSon
Amphetamine Filth

I´ll be there, anyone else?
The dominant need of the needy soul is to be needed.
WindyMiller
Road Kill

Just joined this forum, after 17 years since my last Sisters gig at the Nottingham Red Rooms. Never even knew this forum existed…

I’m working in Copenhagen this week and have 2 tickets so I’ll be there, with one ticket spare if anyone needs one. I’m happy to let it go in return for a beer 🍻

Would be good to meet up with anyone else going for a beer or 2 pre / at the concert. 👍

All the best, Jason
Being645
Above the Chemist

The final club gig of this spring tour ... :) ... enjoy everybody ... ;D ;D ;D ...
WindyMiller
Road Kill

Being645 wrote: 24 May 2022, 12:39 The final club gig of this spring tour ... :) ... enjoy everybody ... ;D ;D ;D ...
Ooh, not a bad way to ‘revive’ my long dormant and highly infrequent Sisters gigs ‘catalogue’ with a ‘closing night’ one then 👍

Looking forward to it after 17years of absence 😆
iesus
Overbomber

:bat: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Ahhh a thing of beauty :notworthy: cheers iesus for posting :D

(I'd still drop Giving Ground and More for Black Sail and She's A Monster but hey it's not my band ;D )
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
WindyMiller
Road Kill

That was a good show 😁😁😁

Lots of ‘new’ (to me) stuff that kinda sounds comfortably familiar Anyways. And some good classics as per the set list posted.

Surprised that the DK crowd were quite subdued, I ‘rocked out’ (as much as a 49 yr old can) to Lucretia and Corrosion.

Only disappointment was that the audience didn’t fill the ‘Alice - Don’t give it away!’ gap.
TheGoodSon
Amphetamine Filth

WindyMiller wrote: 24 May 2022, 22:36 That was a good show 😁😁😁

Lots of ‘new’ (to me) stuff that kinda sounds comfortably familiar Anyways. And some good classics as per the set list posted.

Surprised that the DK crowd were quite subdued, I ‘rocked out’ (as much as a 49 yr old can) to Lucretia and Corrosion.

Only disappointment was that the audience didn’t fill the ‘Alice - Don’t give it away!’ gap.
I was at the front row, doing my best with the ”Alice, don’t give it away” 😅
A really great show!
Being645
Above the Chemist

Thanks for the setlist, iesus ... :notworthy: :D ... and everybody for their reviews ... :D :D :D ...
Planet Dave wrote: 24 May 2022, 22:27 [...]

(I'd still drop Giving Ground and More for Black Sail and She's A Monster but hey it's not my band ;D )
More , rather than Giving Ground, but basically agreed ... also, I'd prefer Summer to Romeo Down anytime...
and, btw, why not add Arms to the set again leaving I Was Wrong aside for a moment, or even Ribbons...
Kutan
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Summer as the first encore - nice!
WindyMiller
Road Kill

I think ‘I was wrong’ worked well in this event. It’s not a song I’ve ever really paid much attention to on the VT album, but it worked well as a poignant interlude in the gig. And I surprised myself that I knew all the words to singalong with despite it not ever having been a personal favourite of mine. Certainly a better live song than as an album track.

I shall revisit it once home this weekend 👍🏻
Kutan
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

WindyMiller wrote: 24 May 2022, 22:58 ...
Does this mean you have taped it?
WindyMiller
Road Kill

And a big shout out to the Canadian NIN fan that I chatted to in the bar queue, as well as Toke and Sean for a very interesting conversation at the end of the night on the merits of selling ones soul to the corporate devil for a career in middle-age, and the lovely smiley Danish lady who told me I ‘have a very kind face’ as we collected coats. ☺️

No idea if any of them are on here but they all
made my ‘Billy no mates’ visitor to Copenhagen night out at a Sisters gig all the more enjoyable and memorable 👍🏻
WindyMiller
Road Kill

Kutan wrote: 24 May 2022, 23:04
WindyMiller wrote: 24 May 2022, 22:58 ...
Does this mean you have taped it?
No sadly, I mean I’ll give it a better listening to on the VT CD when I’m back home (the family will ‘lurrrve’ that 😁).
WindyMiller
Road Kill

Where / how can i post the 4 short bits of video I took of Ribbons, Alice, Temple and Corrosion?

I’m a total Internet forum numpty… 🤷‍♂️🫢
Alan Wilder
Road Kill

Ingo Wennemaring filmed and shared these on yt

… Summer 🥰
Good night and enjoy 😉
Dust Witch
Amphetamine Filth

WindyMiller wrote: 24 May 2022, 22:36 Surprised that the DK crowd were quite subdued
I've not done a Danish gig before, but it was remarkably chill. Maybe because I'm a shortarse, but the very enthusiastic people behind me were content to stay there rather than shuffle forward into any of the gaps front and centre. Didn't need to do the usual brace for impact at dancey time and the quiet parts of songs were left quiet ("are you still here?"). That usually makes for a flat and s**t experience, but it still managed to feel like a crowd completely enjoying itself and the applause between songs and encores was as loud and enthusiastic as the previous few nights. I don't know if it's the venues, or the new material but compared to the 2017 and 2019 Scandinavian dates, these crowds have been amazing.

Oh, and we really need to talk about this venue. Hideous yellow and brown tiling, dark plywood cladding, aesthetically pleasing but very confusing layout and flimsy bathroom stalls. The font on some of the signs was pure faded northern leisure centre. It felt like there'd be bingo and a disco to follow. It was glorious.
ruffers
Overbomber

Dust Witch wrote: 25 May 2022, 08:26
WindyMiller wrote: 24 May 2022, 22:36 Surprised that the DK crowd were quite subdued
Oh, and we really need to talk about this venue. Hideous yellow and brown tiling, dark plywood cladding, aesthetically pleasing but very confusing layout and flimsy bathroom stalls. The font on some of the signs was pure faded northern leisure centre. It felt like there'd be bingo and a disco to follow. It was glorious.
Sounds brilliant, it's on the list!
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
TheGoodSon
Amphetamine Filth

Alan Wilder wrote: 25 May 2022, 01:57 Ingo Wennemaring filmed and shared these on yt

… Summer 🥰
Good night and enjoy 😉
Hey, that must mean I was standing right next to Ingo! :D Brilliant videos, as per usual.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Oh meine Goth, quality of vox' sound is the best in many Man years, and AE himself sings clear and loud. You can recognize each words in new songs.
Thanks Ingo :notworthy:
ruffers
Overbomber

That's definitley the "No gigs for a few days" voice setting.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Dust Witch
Amphetamine Filth

ruffers wrote: 25 May 2022, 14:14 That's definitley the "No gigs for a few days" voice setting.
That was Gothenburg! He went all in on When I'm On Fire so I was expecting a more restrained one last night. Not even slightly. He's sounded f**king brilliant (maybe one notable exception *cough* Antwerp *cough*) this whole tour. In yer face, Facebook whingers!
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

ruffers wrote: 25 May 2022, 14:14 That's definitley the "No gigs for a few days" voice setting.
Just like Sunday night at Roundhouse :lol: :von:
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Dust Witch wrote: 25 May 2022, 14:36
That was Gothenburg! He went all in on When I'm On Fire so I was expecting a more restrained one last night. Not even slightly. He's sounded f**king brilliant (maybe one notable exception *cough* Antwerp *cough*) this whole tour. In yer face, Facebook whingers!
I have to step away from the keyboard on Facebook!! :lol: :roll:
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!