2022-11-05. Forum, Melbourne, AUS

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2020 and 2022
Pista
Cureboi

Website & ticket links

Roll call:

@Wyrd Sister
@Ocean Moves

Setlist with thanks to @Ocean Moves :notworthy:

Don't Drive On Ice
Crash And Burn
Ribbons
I Will Call You
First And Last And Always
But Genevieve
Alice
Giving Ground
Marian
More
Show Me
Doctor Jeep / Detonation Boulevard
Eyes Of Caligula
Something Fast
I Was Wrong
Here
Instrumental 86
On The Beach
Dominion
Summer
When I'm On Fire

Encore

Lucretia, My Reflection
Temple Of Love
This Corrosion
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Wyrd Sister
Road Kill

Time for a road trip! I'm in.
Much too young but far too old, to be all cranked up with nowhere to go
Ocean Moves
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Will be there.
MrBlonde
Amphetamine Filth

Someone has to record On The Beach completely please. I would even pay money for this. ;)
iesus
Overbomber

It has even a fixed place in setlist and setlist not changed... It is like it is asked to be recorded almost :lol: :lol:
Hope someone gets the call and do the right thing, which is film it fully and share it ;D :bat: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
coelocanth
Road Kill

I've got a full audio (no video sorry) of On The Beach from Perth, it's not the best recording as I was only recording to confirm the setlist, give me a tic I'll see about sharing it.
Being645
Above the Chemist

coelocanth wrote: 04 Nov 2022, 02:28 I've got a full audio (no video sorry) of On The Beach from Perth, it's not the best recording as I was only recording to confirm the setlist, give me a tic I'll see about sharing it.
Yes, please ... :D :D :D ...
FireInReptileHouse

coelocanth wrote: 04 Nov 2022, 02:28 I've got a full audio (no video sorry) of On The Beach from Perth, it's not the best recording as I was only recording to confirm the setlist, give me a tic I'll see about sharing it.
Awesome! Did you by any change get the rest? Even just all of On the beach is so appreciated!
we will steal what we cannot buy when all is stole from us
coelocanth
Road Kill

Shared in the Perth thread. :)
iesus
Overbomber

we ill hear news from this one soon ^^ ;D :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
Gothicbiff

Ben showing off his acting skills in the stunning venue :lol: :lol:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... sn=scwspmo
Last edited by Gothicbiff on 05 Nov 2022, 14:13, edited 2 times in total.
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
iesus
Overbomber

Just for history, the text from Forum's site:

5 NOVEMBER 2022 - 8.00PM
BUY TICKETS
18+ This event is strictly 18+
THIS EVENT IS GA (STANDING)

PLAYING TIMES
DOORS & BARS: 8.00PM
ELKO FIELDS: 8.45PM – 9.15PM
SISTERS OF MERCY: 9.45PM – 11.15PM

To see Sisters live in there is an R+18 :lol: ;D :bat: :bat: :hl:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
iesus
Overbomber

Photoes shared public by Andrew Clarke in fb :notworthy: :notworthy: :bat: :hl:

edit-* and a vid

'Are we the Baddies?'...
Ocean Moves

Too tired to write a full review.
Was a good show. Technically they sounded great.

Notable change to setlist : dominion (without mother Russia)

On the beach
Dominion
Summer
When I'm on fire

Quotes:

The witch is dead, but we don't forgive" (after eyes of c)

Thank you Australia

Its been a long year, but we're happy to be here
DJW
Road Kill

Delighted that common sense has prevailed. Dominion is essential and it’s a pragmatic solution dropping Mother Russia. Intrigued to hear how they curtailed it!
Husek

DJW wrote: 05 Nov 2022, 22:44 Delighted that common sense has prevailed. Dominion is essential and it’s a pragmatic solution dropping Mother Russia. Intrigued to hear how they curtailed it!
It's on YouTube now, I'm glad dominion is back
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
iesus
Overbomber

Good to see it back. But Dominion without Mother Russia is half the artwork. Like having a Paint cut in half and display the half at an exhibition or display half of a statue in a museum, you got what i mean :bat: :hl:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Sounds less obviously truncated than Temple, Lucretia etc. They're playing the single from 1987, simple as. Sounds grand. I'd agree it's been missed, not really by me as I haven't seen a show this year, but it's absence was noted at Crystal Palace so I daresay it's been noted all year. It's an awesome song and I'm glad they played it.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
TheDarkInstall
Road Kill

I went to the Melbourne show last night.

Have to say, the sound was not very good.

Andrews mic was way, way too low and uncompressed. The bass from the synth and guitars was far too high in comparison, and didn't have any tone eq'd out to leave room for Andrews low voice meaning that for a lot of the concert you couldnt hear anything he was saying. It was only when he went hard into the mic that you could hear anything. I spent the rest of the time filling in the gaps with own memory of the lyrics and watching him moving about on stage.

Very annoying.

The guitars had a shrill ringing around 2000hz as well with blew my ears quickly after starting.

Lame sound, seriously.

By comparison, the opening act lead singer was mic'd better, allowing you to hear more of what she was saying. Still not perfect by a very long stretch but far better than the main act.

I saw Carly Rae Jepson there a few years ago and her mic was fine, so it is not as of the venue is unable of doing it properly.
Pista
Cureboi

TheDarkInstall wrote: 06 Nov 2022, 11:49 I went to the Melbourne show last night.

Have to say, the sound was not very good.

Andrews mic was way, way too low and uncompressed. The bass from the synth and guitars was far too high in comparison, and didn't have any tone eq'd out to leave room for Andrews low voice meaning that for a lot of the concert you couldnt hear anything he was saying. It was only when he went hard into the mic that you could hear anything. I spent the rest of the time filling in the gaps with own memory of the lyrics and watching him moving about on stage.

Very annoying.

The guitars had a shrill ringing around 2000hz as well with blew my ears quickly after starting.

Lame sound, seriously.

By comparison, the opening act lead singer was mic'd better, allowing you to hear more of what she was saying. Still not perfect by a very long stretch but far better than the main act.

I saw Carly Rae Jepson there a few years ago and her mic was fine, so it is not as of the venue is unable of doing it properly.
Hello & welcome to :hl:
Interesting to see a couple of polar opposite opinions in terms of how they sounded
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Gothicbiff

I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
czuczu
Overbomber

Dominion without Mother Russia doesn't seem worth the effort.
coelocanth
Road Kill

Counterpoint: I like the short, sharp versions of Temple, Lucretia, Corrosion, More etc. The extra minutes on those songs don't add anything new, they just repeat what has already come before - 11 odd minutes of This Corrosion just gets repetitive, IMO, wish the 7" version was more readily available. Wham Bang is the way to go.

Countercounterpoints that justify their length: Dominion/Mother Russia goes somewhere different in the second part; it's basically a medley - but Dominion stands perfectly fine on it's own. Under the Gun has the rap bit to add variety. Heartland and Afterhours are deliberately and effectively hypnotically repetitive. The "full" version of Neverland keeps adding new lyrics all the way through.
TheDarkInstall
Road Kill

Yeah I would like to hear some live recordings of the Melbourne gig to see if it was just where I was standing. I was right up front, slightly to the right of centre, and it was impossible to make out what he was singing for most of it. I have watched other live recordings from Sydney, Auckland, etc., and they seem way better.

Shame.
Ocean Moves

czuczu wrote: 06 Nov 2022, 23:29 Dominion without Mother Russia doesn't seem worth the effort.
I think Eldritch said something about making up for it being missed or something, to the audience, I can't remember exactly what.

I got the impression it was being delivered as a kind of one-off concession to the Australian audience, to make up for it being taken away during the rest of the dates,
rather than it returning to the BAU schedule.