New gigs

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2023 tour.
FireInReptileHouse
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

we will steal what we cannot buy when all is stole from us
FireInReptileHouse

11.6.23 C3 Stage, Guadalajara, Mexico
13.6.23 Circo Volador Mexico City
16.6.23 Club Chocolate Santiago Chile
18.6.23 Tokio Marine Hall SAO PAULO BRAZIL
we will steal what we cannot buy when all is stole from us
Husek

Can't believe they are going to Brazil a second time since I left there, and haven't played in Canada since 2008.

Just another day sitting and reflecting 'wtf am i doing here'.
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Clearly makes that Las Vegas festival far more likely, and also other US concerts between Vegas and Mexico.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Another tour? That should definitively put the kibosh on any talk of new albums. Defintely got Sisters-gig withdrawal symptoms here in Leeds but a US tour would be very nice, a fair few of you guys have done some insane global travelling for your fix this last decade and a half. Fingers crossed it grows into a 2006 / 2008 - sized jaunt :)
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

A couple of gigs locally (well two hours on a bus, then an hour on a plane, then some more buses, trains or subways for me) maybe before heading to the Americas? :wink: :von:
The Chancer Corporation
sam1

I'm flying out to San Francisco on the 18th June...I'd be quite happy if they decided to open their North American tour in San Francisco within a week of the 18th...A holiday and a Sisters gig at the same time would be very welcome !!
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Depprocksfarfar wrote: 24 Dec 2022, 14:27 "Stop us before we kill again" :lol:

https://www.the-sisters-of-mercy.com/news/livenews.html
:lol: not quite as direct as xmas 2005's 'see you all next year', but in the same ball park. Maybe a genuine request? Anyone got a sniper rifle?
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Gothicbiff

Planet Dave wrote: 24 Dec 2022, 14:38

:lol: not quite as direct as xmas 2005's 'see you all next year', but in the same ball park. Maybe a genuine request? Anyone got a sniper rifle?
Funnily enough Dave, my husband does have a (legally owned) sniper type rifle :lol:
He does 1000m target shooting and is actually very accurate!
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Gothicbiff wrote: 25 Dec 2022, 00:13

Funnily enough Dave, my husband does have a (legally owned) sniper type rifle :lol:
:lol: fantastic, sounds like a volunteer for a quick nip over to Antwerp (or wherever he lives these days) to stop them before they kill again :lol: better still, maybe, the band could hire him as security :lol:
Gothicbiff

Planet Dave wrote: 25 Dec 2022, 00:52
Gothicbiff wrote: 25 Dec 2022, 00:13

:lol: fantastic, sounds like a volunteer for a quick nip over to Antwerp (or wherever he lives these days) to stop them before they kill again :lol: better still, maybe, the band could hire him as security :lol:
Ooh....There’s an idea! If hubby was security I'm sure I could get a backstage pass :lol:
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

North America in May, Central/South America in June.

So are we expecting Europe in July/August?
Pista
Cureboi

lazarus corporation wrote: 26 Jan 2023, 21:19 North America in May, Central/South America in June.

Well there is Greece in July so maybe some festivals
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

Pista wrote: 26 Jan 2023, 21:28
lazarus corporation wrote: 26 Jan 2023, 21:19 North America in May, Central/South America in June.

Well there is Greece in July so maybe some festivals
For unknown reasons here in Greece there is no confirmation from anyone that they will play :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :innocent: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Well the Short Bald One is playing Vegas on my birthday. It's a Sunday, so I could make a long weekend of it - looks like a nice small venue (cap 2000), but Vegas in May draped in black leather may be more than I'm willing to put up with. The question is whether they'll play the east coast before or after - my money's on before, they head to CA after Vegas and it looks like they're taking a week off between gigs there.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
satanarchist
Road Kill

I really hope there's a bay area show in between the LA gigs.
Todashi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

https://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2023/ ... s-tickets/

Full US tour. 19 dates. Nothing on the official site but obviously a promoter has put out a press release.

Neat.
sultan2075
Overbomber

Todashi wrote: 06 Feb 2023, 16:16 https://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2023/ ... s-tickets/

Full US tour. 19 dates. Nothing on the official site but obviously a promoter has put out a press release.

Neat.
I've been to the Fillmore in Silver Spring a few times - Social Distortion, Zeal & Ardor, and some other stuff. It's a good venue. Looking forward to this.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Husek

Todashi wrote: 06 Feb 2023, 16:16 https://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2023/ ... s-tickets/

Neat.
I don't see much room for a Canadian tour on these dates. I'm not amused.
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

sultan2075 wrote: 06 Feb 2023, 16:55 I've been to the Fillmore in Silver Spring a few times - Social Distortion, Zeal & Ardor, and some other stuff. It's a good venue. Looking forward to this.
Given how rarely they play your continent I would do Philly and probably NYC as well, considering they are almost a month later (probably slightly different setlist etc.) and on a weekend.
Husek wrote: 06 Feb 2023, 17:32 I don't see much room for a Canadian tour on these dates. I'm not amused.
True, quite strange. I can't see them squeeze in either Vancouver Toronto or Montreal in the given schedule, too tight. Possibly, maybe, Toronto and Montreal before DC :?
Pista
Cureboi

There are threads up for all of them now :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

Also swallowed here ... :) ...
sharedgum
Road Kill

Hi All:

I am a long time Sisters fan from the US. I even flew to Europe to see them back in 2003. I have seen them a couple of times, including on that last tour. My question to all of you who have been following the band all these years in between is if they have still got it when it comes to their live shows. I loved their show in Amsterdam in 2003, I even loved their "new songs" like Susanne, Summer, and Crash & Burn, perhaps even more so than the classics (!?), but I have to say that the last show or two in the US left me wanting more. The sound was not great and Andrew didn't seem to be particularly into it. I even had a hard time recognizing some of the "hits" like Vision Thing.

So my question to all of you is: how does this latest Sisters incarnation sound live? I know that I can be searching Youtube left and right, but if there is a nice Youtube highlight from the last couple of years that someone could post, I would like to check it out. The reason that I am asking is that there may be a major conflict for me when they're playing, so if I am going to go, I just want to make sure that it's worth it.

Thank you!
Nyth Grandbeard
Road Kill

sharedgum wrote: 08 Feb 2023, 03:07 Hi All:

I am a long time Sisters fan from the US. I even flew to Europe to see them back in 2003. I have seen them a couple of times, including on that last tour. My question to all of you who have been following the band all these years in between is if they have still got it when it comes to their live shows. I loved their show in Amsterdam in 2003, I even loved their "new songs" like Susanne, Summer, and Crash & Burn, perhaps even more so than the classics (!?), but I have to say that the last show or two in the US left me wanting more. The sound was not great and Andrew didn't seem to be particularly into it. I even had a hard time recognizing some of the "hits" like Vision Thing.

So my question to all of you is: how does this latest Sisters incarnation sound live? I know that I can be searching Youtube left and right, but if there is a nice Youtube highlight from the last couple of years that someone could post, I would like to check it out. The reason that I am asking is that there may be a major conflict for me when they're playing, so if I am going to go, I just want to make sure that it's worth it.

Thank you!
Hello and welcome to Heartland! And I'm a fellow American here so my opinion isn't going to be as good as a first hand experience, but I've been pretty religiously watching clips of their live shows new and old since... yknow... it's all we got in terms of content. For a while there I do think there was a lull in which Andrew got a little comfortable if you want to call it that, and he just kinda didn't put in his all. Mixed with a new singing style/aging voice he didn't really exude the same level of confidence he did in his early years. However since, I wanna say 2018-2019 to present day he seems to have hit a new stride. His vocals have been pushed up slightly up in the mix, he seems more lively in stage (well as lively as a 63 year old rock star can be) and more often engages in banter with the audience and fellow band mates. From interviews and such I think this is due in large part to the introduction of Dylan Smith around the same time who seemed to have introduced a new creative energy they haven't seen in the band since maybe Adam Pearson which has allowed them to essentially write an album's worth of new tracks, which in my opinion are some of the best songs in the whole Sister's discography. I will say Andrew's singing voice isn't quite what it used to be and is something you have to acknowledge going in, especially if you're mostly used to their recorded content. I don't think he lost his voice, but rather he is trying a more intentionally gravely and (howl-y?) approach to his singing which may or may not be your cup of tea but it certainly has grown on me over time. And sometimes you can hear his old style of singing poking out through the fog. I'd definitely look up some of their newer gigs to get a taste of the Sister's current live offerings and i think you'll be surprised what you find. Here's a recording a more recent live show that has good audio quality:

:von: Check out my Comic series: https://unhingedcomic.com/ :von: