2023-06-02. Kings Theatre, Brooklyn NY

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2023 tour.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Oh yes.

Ticket Pre-sale password: BVLAND

Roll Call
@EvilBastard
@6FeetOver
@sultan2075 maybe
@Nyth Grandbeard
@stefansonic
@Peter KJ

Setlist:

Don't Drive on Ice
Ribbons
Alice
I Will Call You
But Genevieve
Dominion/ Mother Russia
Summer
Show Me
Marian
More
Instrumental 86
Doctor Jeep / Detonation Boulevard
Eyes of Caligula
Something Fast
Here
On The Beach
When I'm on Fire

Encore:

Lucretia My Reflection
Temple of Love
This Corrosion
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Nyth Grandbeard
Road Kill

So excited for this, been so long since the sisters came to America for a full tour, was starting to worry it wouldn't happen again.
:von: Check out my Comic series: https://unhingedcomic.com/ :von:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

EvilBastard wrote: 06 Feb 2023, 16:53 Oh yes.

Roll Call
@EvilBastard
@6FeetOver
Tickets have been acquired. ;D :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
sultan2075
Overbomber

Put me down as a "maybe" if it doesn't sell out quickly and doesn't conflict with a planned visit to family in Ireland.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

True it's been a while since I saw a band play live, but $140 for a ticket seems...steep?
Hank Moody
sultan2075
Overbomber

EvilBastard wrote: 09 Feb 2023, 11:22 True it's been a while since I saw a band play live, but $140 for a ticket seems...steep?
Wow, seriously? It was $59 for silver spring.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

$49.50 in Philly as of now...but I don't know, it seems there's that "dynamic pricing" that @Pista mentioned, haven't seen that applied in Europe (luckily)

It would be fun to see one of these two in the US since it's fairly simple to go there, but Von does have a point in the interview with American agents deciding on a tour very late, making it hard for people (especially from far away) to plan ahead.
Pista
Cureboi

EvilBastard wrote: 09 Feb 2023, 11:22 True it's been a while since I saw a band play live, but $140 for a ticket seems...steep?
This is what I see on the ticket site
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

:eek: That's most definitely not what I paid! Crikey!
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Pista wrote: 09 Feb 2023, 14:25
This is what I see on the ticket site
Looks like there are only a handful of "accessible" tickets left for the BV pre-sale...

ETA: ...and just now on Ticketb@stard there appear to be more (regularly-priced)... Maybe they released additional seats?
Peter KJ
Amphetamine Filth

Tickets have a seating location. Does this mean this is a seating gig???
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Peter KJ wrote: 09 Feb 2023, 20:09 Tickets have a seating location. Does this mean this is a seating gig???
Looks like it depends on the venue; some appear to be all or mostly GA, others have a GA pit and seating... Some old farts here (*cough*) have musculoskeletal issues and welcome shows with seating! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:roll: :|
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Holy crap - tickets now going for $118 "verified resale" in the stands, $140 also VR in the pit, and $300 for "official platinum" (whatever the hell that is). Looks like a bunch of canutes are banking on being able to flog these tickets for increasingly high values.
Hank Moody
Nyth Grandbeard
Road Kill

Acquired pre-sale tickets, excited to see the Sisters for the first time! Hope to see some heartlanders there as well :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Looks like tickets are still available - hopefully the scummy bastits who picked up a bunch in the hope of a resale will find themselves a sorry bunch of scummy bastits.

Where are people going to be? There are tix all over the place, quite fancy the pit but it could be that I'm too old and fat to have fun.
Hank Moody
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

EvilBastard wrote: 06 Apr 2023, 04:26 Where are people going to be? There are tix all over the place, quite fancy the pit but it could be that I'm too old and fat to have fun.
LOL! :lol:

No pit for this girl anymore, I'm afraid. The back and joints can't do standing (esp. in one place) for hours. :x :cry: :roll:

We're in Section 3, towards the back...
stefansonic
Road Kill

Got my tickets for this show, first row balcony, hoping to emerge from this with full documentation
"I Hear The Roar Of A Big Machine...
stefansonic
Road Kill

I hope I can get a small hand held video camera into this venue, being in new york, and being a live nation event, i am having my doubts.
i just want to film this to be able to share it with our community, and my you tube channel, which i don't make anything off of.
Is there someone reading this who can help me get it in, or talk to the right people like Sisters management to get me in
THX
stefansonic
Road Kill

I found out a few not so good things with the King's Theatre:
PROHIBITED ITEMS
The following items are not permitted inside of Kings Theatre: Audio Recording Devices; Weapons/Firearms/Knives; Laser Pointers/Glowsticks; Pepper Spray/Mace; Video Cameras; Monopods/Tripods/Selfie Sticks; Professional Cameras (those including telephoto or zoom lenses); Outside Food or Beverages; Gum; Oversized Backpacks and/or Bags; Projectiles (Beach Balls, Balloons, Hula Hoops); Skateboards/Rollerblades/Scooters/E-Scooters; Signs/Flags/Banners; Stickers/Markers/Crayons, Flashlights; Glass/Metal/Plastic Containers.
CAMERAS & PHOTOGRAPHY
Video cameras, monopods, tripods, selfie sticks, audio recording devices, and professional cameras including telephoto or zoom lenses are not permitted inside of the venue.
PRESS & MEDIA REQUESTS
Members of official media outlets may request press credentials prior to events by contacting kingsmarketing@theambassadors.com. Approvals are given on a case-by-case basis.

So I'm not bringing a professional camera with detachable lenses, it's a small hand held item, no tripod, no monopod.
If I can get permission from the band, they would have to clear it with the above email address, will they do that for me?
I'm still awaiting a reply...
I'm not so hopeful now of coming out of there with a documentation of the show, sorry about my damn lucj
Nyth Grandbeard
Road Kill

I wonder how likely it would be to get a poster signed by Andrew since this could be the only time I get to see the girls live. Anyone have any luck in that regard?
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Getting mildly giddy now that the show is only days away! ;D

This will be hubs's first live TSoM experience, so I just hope The Girls don't suck (personally, I don't really care what they play; for me, nothing will top their November 2008 Presidential Election-night New Haven show)! :lol: :roll: :von:

Hubs and I are "taking a break" from alcohol ( :eek: :eek: :eek:) so I can't say "Let's meet up for a pint-or three!"-but I still hope to see you lot there! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :notworthy: :bat:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

WOO-HOO!!! :bat: :bat: :bat: :wake:

Just FYI for those who'll be in attendance tonight, I'll be wearing my Heartland t-shirt (not dressing to the nines for this show-sorry, Von! :lol:), so might be easier to spot..? Not sure what y'all look like, but hubs and I are both very tall and tough to miss (I also have red hair and purple glasses ;D).

<------------------

Then again, the place will be packed, so...

ETA: I will not be wearing a crown, unfortunately... :von:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Hope you all have a great night tonight :D
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Have a great time everyone :D
The venue looks very posh!
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
Nyth Grandbeard
Road Kill

Excited for tonight! Wearing my lucky Body Electric Shirt and leather jacket, hoping to at least catch one of the band members to sign my sisters poster :lol: :lol: does anyone know if there is a merch table for the US tour? I haven’t heard anyone mention one yet, would love to get a t-shirt to mark the occasion.