2023-06-03. The Fillmore, Philadelphia, PA

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2023 tour.
Pista
Cureboi

Roll Call

@Valentine

Setlist:

Don't Drive on Ice
Ribbons
Alice
I Will Call You
Crash & Burn
But Genevieve
Summer
Show Me
Marian
More
Instrumental 86
Doctor Jeep / Detonation Boulevard
Eyes of Caligula
Something Fast
Here
On The Beach
When I'm on Fire

Encore:

Lucretia My Reflection
Temple of Love
This Corrosion
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Valentine
Road Kill

Just bought me tix
Valentine
Road Kill

On me tod it seems.

(well, along with wife, son and 3 friends.)

Hope someone's recording it....
Being645
Above the Chemist

Wishing you a wonderful show and a great night out ... ;D ;D ;D ...
Valentine
Road Kill

Being645 wrote: 04 Jun 2023, 01:07 Wishing you a wonderful show and a great night out ... ;D ;D ;D ...
Stonking. Loved every second. Even if we didn't get a Dominion.

Setlist i think same as the NY one, but with no D/MR.
Valentine
Road Kill

I'm no sound expert but I thought there was a much better vocal mix than what I've seen taken at the earlier US gigs. Ben was somewhat muted except when he was required to be loud. Heard his highness growl through most songs, sometimes even melodically.

My wife wondered if he had laryngitis and my friend said the sound mixer should be jailed for the low lead vocal volume/feedback. Like I said, I thought it was mighty fine.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Valentine, your wish is granted ... :D

Full show, courtesy of Jim Powers, whose Silver Spring encore vid hit 10k views in no time. Quite a popular dude it seems. Certainly amongst us lot now at any rate. Immeasureable thanks to him for this treasure ...

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Valentine
Road Kill

Planet Dave wrote: 04 Jun 2023, 13:54 Valentine, your wish is granted ... :D

Full show, courtesy of Jim Powers, whose Silver Spring encore vid hit 10k views in no time. Quite a popular dude it seems. Certainly amongst us lot now at any rate. Immeasureable thanks to him for this treasure ...

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
I :notworthy: in your and Jim's general direction. Thanks much!
Insomniaphd
Road Kill

I really enjoyed the Philadelphia show. I had also seen them in Silver Spring on May 10, and the sound was definitely better in Philadelphia.
situationalism
Road Kill

I'm currently "between jobs" as they say, but a news writer by trade. I spun up this little gig review write-up for fun and no profit. It really just echoes what's been said above, but I'm glad Philly got such a good gig.

https://gregadomaitis.wordpress.com/202 ... rt-review/
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Nice review, thanks!
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Valentine
Road Kill

situationalism wrote: 05 Jun 2023, 14:13 I'm currently "between jobs" as they say, but a news writer by trade. I spun up this little gig review write-up for fun and no profit. It really just echoes what's been said above, but I'm glad Philly got such a good gig.

Great write up.
But did you really have to put in print what I was thinking - this will probably be the last time I'll see them.

:cry: :cry: :von: :cry: :cry:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

situationalism wrote: 05 Jun 2023, 14:13 I'm currently "between jobs" as they say, but a news writer by trade. I spun up this little gig review write-up for fun and no profit. It really just echoes what's been said above, but I'm glad Philly got such a good gig.

Nice, cheers for sharing the link 8) I wouldn't necessarily presume they won't be back sooner than you expect, absolutely nothing is certain with this band beyond them doing whatever the hell they like, whenever they like. Okay he rather than they but still. I started saying 'hmm, maybe this is the last time' around 2006 and stopped worrying about such notions a few years later. Regardless of all such ponderings into crystal balls, I'm glad you had a top time :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Philly was a great, fun, LOUD gig.
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
primasvisage
Road Kill

Planet Dave wrote: 05 Jun 2023, 15:19

Nice, cheers for sharing the link 8) I wouldn't necessarily presume they won't be back sooner than you expect, absolutely nothing is certain with this band beyond them doing whatever the hell they like, whenever they like. Okay he rather than they but still. I started saying 'hmm, maybe this is the last time' around 2006 and stopped worrying about such notions a few years later. Regardless of all such ponderings into crystal balls, I'm glad you had a top time :notworthy:
I had similiar false premonitions in 2003 after hearing "Temple" as closer and again years later when the voice made me think how can you pull off a Burroughs to anthemic tunes? at that same show I was riffed by what seemed to me to be surf guitar on "Jihad" and it tickled my goosebumps
ongoinging
viper502
Road Kill

Did a proper audio recording ever pop up of this one. I have an audio rip of the great Jim Powers video but a proper lossless would be great. I can kick myself that I didn't go to this one. I wen to see The Levellers at this venue and it was like only a 2hr ride. I think it took me an hour and a half to get to Brooklyn from Bergen County, NJ.