2023-10-11. Dürer Kert, Budapest HU

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2023 tour.
Pista
Cureboi

Venue site

Roll Call

Setlist:
I Will Call You
Ribbons
Don't Drive on Ice
Alice
But Genevieve
Dominion / Mother Russia
Summer
Marian
More
Giving Ground
Doctor Jeep / Detonation Boulevard
Eyes of Caligula
I Was Wrong
Crash & Burn
Vision Thing
On the Beach
When I'm on Fire

encore:

Lucretia My Reflection
Temple of Love
This Corrosion
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

timing is not good for this one, was expecting November for BP:( will see
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Two questions, I guess. 1. Does anybody dare go? 2. Will The VirginMarys be headlining again? :innocent:

Steve, be a love and nip round to the venue in the morning to see if the tourbus is parked up ;D

Joking aside, I have everything crossed for Von's wellbeing and the tour back in business 8)
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I've just seen a comment on FB that organisers confirmed earlier today it was going ahead....but who knows

Ben is definitely in Budapest tonight. His friends Esprit D'Air are playing in the same venue and he has gone along to watch and join them on stage for one song
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
Pista
Cureboi

Planet Dave wrote: 10 Oct 2023, 21:46
Steve, be a love and nip round to the venue in the morning to see if the tourbus is parked up ;D
I would, but I'm passing on this. I've listened to what's been available to hear this tour & read a lot of wildly varying reviews/ opinions & just decided I don't want to be witness to what was my favourite band shambling through a makeshift set.
I'm well aware that there are folks here who enjoyed some of the shows so far, but that's just the way I feel. :(
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote: 11 Oct 2023, 07:27
I would, but I'm passing on this. I've listened to what's been available to hear this tour & read a lot of wildly varying reviews/ opinions & just decided I don't want to be witness to what was my favourite band shambling through a makeshift set.
I'm well aware that there are folks here who enjoyed some of the shows so far, but that's just the way I feel. :(
I think you should give it a try and go see the show, we know what we get, and you are watching videos anyways. Some bits will be exciting
love is just a shot away
Being645
Above the Chemist

Well, it's sold out... :wink: ... We can only hope that someone is there to give us a setlist, at least a short review, post some videos ...

Anyway, all the best from here for another concert with lots of fun and joy and pleasure and a good flow to everybody over there ... ;D ;D ;D ...
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Pista wrote: 11 Oct 2023, 07:27
Fair enough.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
hellboy69

Setlist from *Balint* on the Farcebocks:

Ocean Moves

What's "I was wrong" like without Dylan's guitar? :urff:
Gothicbiff

There's a few short videos on FB, but no idea how to share them as it's a private group :?

Sounds better than I was expecting. And the crowd seem happy :D

Hope Andrew really is feeling better
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Sounds like it was good. Get in. Happy for whoever was.

There.
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Gothicbiff

I thanked someone on FB for sharing their video and he replied with this

Liz McLaughlin It was better live. enthusiastic audience, good sound. young fans too. I ask, how do you get here? he said that today's music is terrible, TSOM has power and a cult

Not sure Andrew would approve of having a cult following though :lol:
Being645
Above the Chemist

The first videos have appeared in this channel ... :bat: ... Many thanks to the uploader !!! ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...

Here's Temple of Love ... looks like a happy crowd ... ;D ... and the mix sounds rather clear ...

Being645
Above the Chemist

Alice ... the best version over the past few gigs, IMHO...

Vision Thing ... yess ... ;D ...

All that looks soo good. Von is recovering from the f**king flu ... ;D :notworthy: ...

The show must have been exhausting, though, therefore careful now with the freshly regained energies ... :wink: :) ...
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Certainly looks like a room full of people having a great time 8) :notworthy:

Both Roundhouse shows were full of youngsters having a ball, the band have said previously it's most gratifying that the audience keeps regenerating itself. Class is permanent :von:
Hapcibeno
Road Kill

Planet Dave wrote: 12 Oct 2023, 15:36 Certainly looks like a room full of people having a great time 8) :notworthy:
Yep the room was packed and people around me seemed really enjoying the show... it was a nice surprise to me as well...I had very low expectations given the mixed reviews, the one guitarist lineup and especially the disastrous last Hungarian gig at A38 years ago but they were way better now...the sound was great, probably the most clear and powerful of all the Sisters gigs I have seen in the last 15 years and I could even hear Von's vocals at some points :D
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Ocean Moves wrote: 11 Oct 2023, 22:24 What's "I was wrong" like without Dylan's guitar? :urff:
Like this . :D ...

H. Blackrose
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

So they've replaced the acoustic guitar with synth piano. Sounds like a late 90s MIDI file
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

H. Blackrose wrote: 14 Oct 2023, 07:38 So they've replaced the acoustic guitar with synth piano. Sounds like a late 90s MIDI file
so whats then the difference to the other synth-parts?
love is just a shot away
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote: 13 Oct 2023, 19:10
Ocean Moves wrote: 11 Oct 2023, 22:24 What's "I was wrong" like without Dylan's guitar? :urff:
Like this . :D ...

Works for me. 8)
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!