2023-05-17. The Masonic, San Francisco, CA

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2023 tour.
iesus
Overbomber

Have fun there :D
As i see it started :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Quite animated tonight

i will call you
FALAA
genevieve
Dominion
Giving ground
Show me
Marian
More
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Instrumental / ciggie break
Jeep/ Detonation
Caligula
Being645
Above the Chemist

Clearly a quite different order of the songs ... :) ...

MANY THANKS, EmmaPeelWannaBe ... :D :D :D ..
ROBBIE
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

And so as we had hoped the sound was so much better tonight. Same set as LA except Crash and Burn swapped with Ribbons. AE enjoyed himself and so did the band, oh and the audience who were in good form. Thanks to Sarah, Laura, PIB, and the guy from NZ whose name I forgot for looking after me. He was definitely the hero of the night when he gave the two girls his place at the barrier and a pick he got from Dylan.
AE teased us with announcing Comfortably Numb when they started Here, and then added we might surprise you yet!
A top night and I must say San Francisco is a top city not least because I got a free cable car ride back to the hotel.
Next stop Seattle via a long train journey.
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020
satanarchist
Road Kill

I wasn’t feeling tonight’s gig at all. I felt that Vegas had an edge that the Masonic did not. Raven Davey did hook me up with a pick at the end though.
FMAMMY
Road Kill

Lucretia and Here:
Being645
Above the Chemist

Nice, meanwhile quite a few videos have come up, and hell, that's clearly more like them ... ;D ;D ;D ...

dubler6
Road Kill

Don’t Drive on Ice & Crash and Burn

dubler6
Road Kill

Here & When I’m on Fire

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

This set of videos from huntingdonst are fabulous :D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
dubler6
Road Kill

Last one… Missed a couple tunes of a fantastic show. Hope everyone enjoys the videos. Cheers.

Being645
Above the Chemist

Great videos !!! ... :D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ... and quite a few of them are now also in the SistersWiki ... :) ...

https://sisterswiki.org/Wed,_17-May-2023
dubler6
Road Kill

Being645 wrote: 21 May 2023, 19:45 Great videos !!! ... :D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ... and quite a few of them are now also in the SistersWiki ... :) ...

That’s awesome. Thank you for sharing.
Being645
Above the Chemist

dubler6 wrote: 21 May 2023, 19:57
Being645 wrote: 21 May 2023, 19:45 Great videos !!! ... :D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ... and quite a few of them are now also in the SistersWiki ... :) ...

That’s awesome. Thank you for sharing.
Thank YOU and everybody else for sharing !!! ... :D :D :D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Wow.... lots of videos from this show
Thanks to everyone for the recordings :notworthy: :notworthy:
Looking forward to watching them
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

dubler6 wrote: 21 May 2023, 19:28 Last one… Missed a couple tunes of a fantastic show. Hope everyone enjoys the videos. Cheers.

Oh these are yours! Brilliant work , thank you so much for filming and sharing, love them :D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: glad you had a great time 8) for my own convenience I'll rip them, compile them all in order and join them as one mp4 (I use openshot video editor) (which I then burn to a dvd using burnaware and watch via my PS3 - convoluted but effective ;D ) if you don't mind I'll then share the resulting mp4 in the sharing section on here. I can only rip at 720p so it'll never be as crispy as watching the vids on youtube, I just like to shove a dvd in the machine and sit back and enjoy ;D if you do mind then no problem whatsoever mate, I will not. Thanks again no matter, brilliant vids :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
dubler6
Road Kill

Planet Dave wrote: 21 May 2023, 21:59
dubler6 wrote: 21 May 2023, 19:28 Last one… Missed a couple tunes of a fantastic show. Hope everyone enjoys the videos. Cheers.

Oh these are yours! Brilliant work , thank you so much for filming and sharing, love them :D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: glad you had a great time 8) for my own convenience I'll rip them, compile them all in order and join them as one mp4 (I use openshot video editor) (which I then burn to a dvd using burnaware and watch via my PS3 - convoluted but effective ;D ) if you don't mind I'll then share the resulting mp4 in the sharing section on here. I can only rip at 720p so it'll never be as crispy as watching the vids on youtube, I just like to shove a dvd in the machine and sit back and enjoy ;D if you do mind then no problem whatsoever mate, I will not. Thanks again no matter, brilliant vids :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Yes, please feel free to share. I think the only 2 songs that I did not record are Caligula and Something Fast. A couple of the videos have extra video / photos at the end of them, so you’ll need to edit them out. Cheers!
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Cheers dubler6, that's my next job sorted :notworthy:

Meanwhile, a small review with great photos ...

https://www.musicinsf.com/sisters-of-me ... francisco/
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

Hello. Just in case, if you send me the master, i can do like a matrix with the audio share here
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

sisterstekland wrote: 22 May 2023, 11:34

Hello. Just in case, if you send me the master video, i can do like a matrix with the audio share here
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

^ an infinitely better idea, with guaranteed better results, than my ham-fisted approach ;D :notworthy:
dubler6
Road Kill

sisterstekland wrote: 22 May 2023, 11:34

Hello. Just in case, if you send me the master, i can do like a matrix with the audio share here
That sounds great. Let me know the best way to send you the clips.
geoff2k
Road Kill

Was anybody else in the California room pre-show when the DJ cheekily played Tower of Strength by a certain Mr. Hussey? I swear he smirked before he cued it up :lol:

I also felt terrible for the couple that was in front of me. One of the gents was clearly a fan, dancing, singing, having a great time. The partner was ... less enthusiastic and in fact right after Marian said that he was going to leave and get a Lyft and would see them at home later.

I was seated in the "VIP" section behind the mixing desk and noticed that one of the engineers had a good luck rubber duck, which I think helped as the sound in SF was apparently better than what they experienced in LA the nights before: