2024-01-18. Columbiahalle, Berlin DE

Are we still here!? Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2024 tour.
Pista
Cureboi

Rescheduled from
https://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic ... 37&t=28879

Roll call

@po
@edu
@DocSommer
@sukhoi
@Icon

Setlist: With thanks to @Husek :notworthy:

Doctor Jeep/Detonation Boulevard
Don't Drive on Ice
Ribbons
Alice
Summer
Dominion/ Mother Russia
I Will Call You
Marian
Giving Ground
Eyes of Caligula
More
But Genevieve
I Was Wrong
Here
When I'm On Fire
On The Beach
Temple Of Love

Encores

Lucretia, My Reflection
This Corrosion
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

guess I'm in this time
Icon
Amphetamine Filth

I‘m looking for a ticket. So if anyone is not going, please pm me.
po
Amphetamine Filth

Hope I can make it, if not I may have a couple of tickets. Assuming the show happens, of course.

I also picked up a paper ticket somebody had dropped outside the venue after the gig, to have something other than the e-tickets as a souvenir. Does anyone know if they will print/ship new tickets for the rescheduled show or reuse the old ones? I think they mentioned that people should hold on to their tickets in the announcement. Will they actually be reused? If so I would be happy to pass it on :)
09: Oslo / 11: Helsinki, Oslo / 12: Köln / 14: Amsterdam / 15: London / 17: London x2 / 19: London x2, Oslo / 22: Stockholm, Oslo / 23: Berlin, Leipzig
Icon
Amphetamine Filth

po wrote: 27 Oct 2023, 18:51 Hope I can make it, if not I may have a couple of tickets. Assuming the show happens, of course.

I also picked up a paper ticket somebody had dropped outside the venue after the gig, to have something other than the e-tickets as a souvenir. Does anyone know if they will print/ship new tickets for the rescheduled show or reuse the old ones? I think they mentioned that people should hold on to their tickets in the announcement. Will they actually be reused? If so I would be happy to pass it on :)
I sent you a PM :)
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Hopefully in
Right On Venom And Revenge
Icon
Amphetamine Filth

Hope to see some of you there tonight. Starting to Berlin soon. Not too much snow so far. :D
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

VirginMarys followed by The Sisters ... we'll miss it when it's done. Have a great night tonight folks! 8) :notworthy: :von:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Being645
Above the Chemist

I wish you all a wonderful show filled with all the joy and pleasure it takes ... ;D ;D ;D ...
Pista
Cureboi

Fingers crossed it doesn't crash & burn
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Same setlist from yesterday
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Being645
Above the Chemist

Thanks for the info ... :D ... So that would be ...

Doctor Jeep/Detonation Boulevard
Don't Drive on Ice
Ribbons
Alice
Summer
Dominion/ Mother Russia
I Will Call You
Marian
Giving Ground
Eyes of Caligula
More
But Genevieve
I Was Wrong
Here
When I'm On Fire
On The Beach
Temple Of Love

Encores
Lucretia, My Reflection
This Corrosion
H. Blackrose
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
Being645
Above the Chemist

... :D ...
Icon
Amphetamine Filth

Back from Berlin. Had a good time and met quite a few Heartlanders again. :D
As for the show, I think it was okay. Not the best I‘ve seen them but on the other hand I have seen worse.
With the same setlist as the night before there was no forgetting of words. About the first half of the show I think it was a bit static, for lack of a better word. Then while they were doing More something clicked and it got a lot better. The sound was really quiet though. From the front Andrew‘s voice was pretty quiet too. At some point there was shouting „I can‘t hear you“ coming from further back.
The weather chaos in the southern half of Germany took its toll on them though. Their trucks with the merchandise and equipment was stuck in the snowy mountains of the north of Hessen. Saved me money. Couldn’t buy a new shirt.
The instruments had to be borrowed from other people and considering that, they did really well.
Von was in a good mood and chatted a bit with the audience. He even lifted his glasses for a while to look at the audience. Oli, (Mr. Blonde) took some photos, but claims they are blurred. :? :cry: . So no new pictures of our Von without those shades.
The Virgin Marys were really brilliant too. Maybe the best I‘ve seen them so far. After the show some of us went to the Brasilian bar nearby for a few drinks . All in all it was a very good evening.
This was my last concert of this tour, I hope there will be a bit more later this year.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Thanks for the review @Icon :D :notworthy: no equiipment, blimey this tour just keeps on throwing out everything that can possibly go wrong with a band on tour. Good job to get a gig at all then I guess. Good job everyone involved in making that happen :notworthy:

Vids look and sound great, also glad, but of course unsurprised, to hear the VirginMarys rocked it too 8) :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
ruffers
Overbomber

Chris still nursing?
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

ruffers wrote: 19 Jan 2024, 21:56 Chris still nursing?
yes
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Icon wrote: 19 Jan 2024, 13:23 Back from Berlin. Had a good time and met quite a few Heartlanders again. :D
As for the show, I think it was okay. Not the best I‘ve seen them but on the other hand I have seen worse.
With the same setlist as the night before there was no forgetting of words. About the first half of the show I think it was a bit static, for lack of a better word. Then while they were doing More something clicked and it got a lot better. The sound was really quiet though. From the front Andrew‘s voice was pretty quiet too. At some point there was shouting „I can‘t hear you“ coming from further back.
The weather chaos in the southern half of Germany took its toll on them though. Their trucks with the merchandise and equipment was stuck in the snowy mountains of the north of Hessen. Saved me money. Couldn’t buy a new shirt.
The instruments had to be borrowed from other people and considering that, they did really well.
Von was in a good mood and chatted a bit with the audience. He even lifted his glasses for a while to look at the audience. Oli, (Mr. Blonde) took some photos, but claims they are blurred. :? :cry: . So no new pictures of our Von without those shades.
The Virgin Marys were really brilliant too. Maybe the best I‘ve seen them so far. After the show some of us went to the Brasilian bar nearby for a few drinks . All in all it was a very good evening.
This was my last concert of this tour, I hope there will be a bit more later this year.
+1 except it wasn't really quite for a sisters show, especially towards the ending the sound level on the balcony was pretty loud and kind of "clipping" wich was a bit unpleasent listening to. I think the audience was very very nice, too - I've seen way better gigs with way less applause.

Not having the usual gears is unfortunate for both the VM and the sisters and the overall experience. Given these circumstances it was an OKish gig I guess.

VM nailed it again so the full support gig will show up on my YT Channel first since both video and audio recordings came out very nice compared to the sisters raw files wich suffer from the lowlight conditions and a little weird sound I need to try and restore.
MrBlonde
Amphetamine Filth

Just added Summer to my channel.

Being645
Above the Chemist

Nice ... ;D ... thanks for the upload ... :notworthy: ...

Ah, and thank you all for the reviews ... :D :D :D ...
Being645
Above the Chemist

Just found this 27-minutes compilation on YouTube ... great ... ;D ;D ;D ... many thanks to Nicky Ramone ... :D :notworthy: ...

... and thanks to Herr Paschulke there's also Here ... ;D :notworthy: ...

Hell, what a wonderful show they played again, and even without their own instruments ... ;D ;D ;D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

thanks for the links. besides the gurgling this sounds pretty solid, with new bits and bites throughtout. nice
love is just a shot away
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

last, but not least :lol:

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

^ thanks Doc :D not least for the full VirginMary's show, fkng awesome stuff 8) :notworthy: