2024-01-24 Le Splendid, Lille, FR

Are we still here!? Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2024 tour.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Thanks to poison-door.net for the info ...

Tickets

Roll call
@Peter KJ
@Ulera
@My Dominion
@barbaralesz

Setlist: With thanks to @Peter KJ :notworthy:

Doctor Jeep/Detonation Boulevard
Don't Drive on Ice
Ribbons
Alice
Summer
Dominion/ Mother Russia
I Will Call You
Marian
Giving Ground
Eyes of Caligula
More
But Genevieve
I Was Wrong
Here
When I'm On Fire
On The Beach
Temple Of Love

Encores

Lucretia, My Reflection
This Corrosion
Peter KJ
Amphetamine Filth

I'm in! Tickets ordered :D
Ulera
Road Kill

I was kicking myself for missing the UK dates - especially when I read they were really good towards the end of the UK tour so on a whim I've taken myself out of my comfort zone & booked a ticket for this one! Now I've just got to book a hotel for the night - recommendations appreciated!
MrBlonde
Amphetamine Filth

I've got two tickets for sale.

PM please.
My Dominion
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I will be there
http://www.mydominionnl.com
A fanwebsite !
Gent, Eindhoven and Lokeren
barbaralesz
Road Kill

Hi guys!

My boyfriend and a fellow TSOM fan won’t be able to join me in Lille :(
Will there be some meetup before/after the concert and, if so, will you mind a humble roadkill joining you? :wink:
It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.
Frifor Gaffateip
Road Kill

barbaralesz wrote: ↑21 Jan 2024, 15:25 Hi guys!

My boyfriend and a fellow TSOM fan won’t be able to join me in Lille :(
Will there be some meetup before/after the concert and, if so, will you mind a humble roadkill joining you? :wink:
I really hope you get to meet some Heartlanders, there..πŸ˜€
barbaralesz
Road Kill

Ulera wrote: ↑12 Dec 2023, 10:04 I was kicking myself for missing the UK dates - especially when I read they were really good towards the end of the UK tour so on a whim I've taken myself out of my comfort zone & booked a ticket for this one! Now I've just got to book a hotel for the night - recommendations appreciated!
I hope you've found a place to stay. I've never been to Lille so I couldn't really help. I chose the place that is nearest to Splendid πŸ˜›. I hope we're in for a great concert tomorrow.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

have a top time tonight folks :D :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Peter KJ
Amphetamine Filth

VirginMarys just started. Loud 😁
Being645
Above the Chemist

Hell, it's already Wednesday ... lots of joy and fun and pleasure everybody tonight at the show ... ;D ;D ;D ....
barbaralesz
Road Kill

VM kicked ass as always :D :D :D
Peter KJ
Amphetamine Filth

Same setlist. Hot, small venue, smoke, enthusiastic crowd. Band into it. Great night 😎
Being645
Above the Chemist

... :lol: ... sounds all very good ... ;D ... thanks for the short info ... :notworthy: ...
Peter KJ
Amphetamine Filth

My videos:

Summer

I will call you:

Eyes of Caligula:

But Genevieve:

Here:
Being645
Above the Chemist

Thank you ... :notworthy: :D ... all swallowed for now ... :) ...

Hell, that was a challenge ... :eek: :lol: ... those screaming little dragons ... :twisted: :twisted: :eek: :eek: ...
barbaralesz
Road Kill

Amazing videos :!:
thank you for sharing :notworthy:
Ulera
Road Kill

barbaralesz wrote: ↑24 Jan 2024, 00:38
Ulera wrote: ↑12 Dec 2023, 10:04 I was kicking myself for missing the UK dates - especially when I read they were really good towards the end of the UK tour so on a whim I've taken myself out of my comfort zone & booked a ticket for this one! Now I've just got to book a hotel for the night - recommendations appreciated!
I hope you've found a place to stay. I've never been to Lille so I couldn't really help. I chose the place that is nearest to Splendid πŸ˜›. I hope we're in for a great concert tomorrow.
I only just saw your reply - shame I didn't see it before or we could have said hi at the gig! I really enjoyed it. Though the added expense and hassle will probably mean I will be sticking with UK gigs in future unless it coincides with a holiday or something! Saying that, it was a great experience and worth it for such a good gig!
barbaralesz
Road Kill

Ulera wrote: ↑25 Jan 2024, 13:49
barbaralesz wrote: ↑24 Jan 2024, 00:38
I only just saw your reply - shame I didn't see it before or we could have said hi at the gig! I really enjoyed it. Though the added expense and hassle will probably mean I will be sticking with UK gigs in future unless it coincides with a holiday or something! Saying that, it was a great experience and worth it for such a good gig!
hi! No problem. I'm happy that you liked the gig as well. It was very good! I liked 8) Andrew's singing and Ben was full of energy as always.
I was also anxious to come to Lille. I only experienced Paris before that and didn't expect that people would be so friendly and welcoming. Also at the concert. It turned out that it wasn't a problem to be there just by myself. :D
I totally understand that you prefer to stick to UK. As for Norway, it's often cheaper to fly to the continent, and I was lucky that there was a sale, so I didn't pay so much.
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I love that Kai has started to wear his Japanese clothes.
My best friend was working in Tokyo and brought me back a traditional kimono. I would love to wear it in public.... but not sure how that would go down in my local Asda!!
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
Being645
Above the Chemist

barbaralesz wrote: ↑25 Jan 2024, 12:18 Amazing videos :!:
This one is also a very good one... :D :notworthy: ... hope you don't mind I've swallowed it as well ... :D ...

barbaralesz
Road Kill

Being645 wrote: ↑27 Jan 2024, 16:25
barbaralesz wrote: ↑25 Jan 2024, 12:18 Amazing videos :!:
This one is also a very good one... :D :notworthy: ... hope you don't mind I've swallowed it as well ... :D ...

No problem at all. Glad you like it! :D
I was trying hard not to sing along, last time you couldn't hear anything over my voice :lol: :oops:
Being645
Above the Chemist

@ bararalesz
... :lol: ... ah yes, but without singing along, screaming and dancing it's only half the fun ... :notworthy: ;D :twisted: :notworthy: :wink: ... and you get recorded only when you're really close to the taper. In mere audio recordings the crowd noise is often digitally reduced and sometimes also in the videos... some cases, though, are beyond correction... :lol: ...

Thanks for the video ... :D :notworthy: ...