2024-01-28. Effenaar, Eindhoven, NL

Are we still here!? Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2024 tour.
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Here we go! Not so much a "mini-tour" anymore...
https://www.ticketmaster.nl/event/30016 ... xgI9UQkEHA

@jenzi-benzi
@Ozpat
@Cause & Effect
@My Dominion
@Jan

CANCELLED DUE TO ILLNESS
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

this in unbelievable. and exactly when I'm not in NL. I probably will by tickets anyways and see what happens
Peter KJ
Amphetamine Filth

I'm in :D
jenzi-benzi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I'm in.
Do I drive or am I driven?
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

First: Hasselt, 09/1992
Last: 24th: Tilburg, 03/2016

"Hey....that's no way to say goodbye....."

My 25th ....
"as we walk on the floodland"
Cause & Effect
Road Kill

I'm in, so is 'the hired hand" for hopefully what won't be the last sisters gig of 2024....
My Dominion

I will be there
http://www.mydominionnl.com
A fanwebsite !
Gent, Eindhoven and Lokeren
Jan
Amphetamine Filth

I'm in!
"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)
doctor_jeep
Amphetamine Filth

For those who are there, have a top nite out!
Clearly now the past mistakes
The giant steps we had to take
The path that ever promise made to
Die in dream dissolve and fade
Being645
Above the Chemist

Good luck and pleasure to everybody there .... ;D ;D ;D ...
Jan
Amphetamine Filth

Just cancelled
"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)
Jan
Amphetamine Filth

Virginmarys played as usual. On stage cancellation came seconds ago, illness cited again
Wilkstein
Road Kill

Unbelievable.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Oh no ... :( :( :( ... that is very worrying ... :( :( :( ...
Pista
Cureboi

I expect the farcebook groups are all kicking off already.
Seriously Andrew. Take a break & please get yourself well.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Cause & Effect
Road Kill

Disappointed, came a long way, but AE's health is the main thing, The Netherlands has been wonderful thanks for having us 😀 hopefully back soon...
FireInReptileHouse

Disappointed for you all of course, but for so many reasons Andrew cannot keep doing this. Whether the rumour are true, or if it's something else, or he is ill, I just seriously hope for his own sake he will cancel and get some damn rest. The last thing anyone wants is for something to happen or for this to get worse. I wish the band the best in these difficult time and I genuinely hope Andrew is ok and will take whatever action he needs to get better. Hope you all had a good night in NL anyway
we will steal what we cannot buy when all is stole from us
Peter KJ
Amphetamine Filth

From the venue website:

https://www.effenaar.nl/agenda/sisters-mercy

Let op:
Zojuist bleek dat de frontman van The Sisters Of Mercy te ziek was om de show te kunnen spelen. We gaan morgen met het management in gesprek om een vervangende datum te vinden. Kaartkopers krijgen hierover in de loop van deze week bericht.

Translation:

Please note:

It just turned out that The Sisters Of Mercy's frontman was too sick to play the show. We will talk to management tomorrow to find a replacement date. Ticket buyers will be notified about this in the course of this week.
Being645
Above the Chemist

FireInReptileHouse wrote: 28 Jan 2024, 22:49 Disappointed for you all of course, but for so many reasons Andrew cannot keep doing this. Whether the rumour are true, or if it's something else, or he is ill, I just seriously hope for his own sake he will cancel and get some damn rest. The last thing anyone wants is for something to happen or for this to get worse. I wish the band the best in these difficult time and I genuinely hope Andrew is ok and will take whatever action he needs to get better. Hope you all had a good night in NL anyway
That's all so saddening, but I couldn't say it better than you...
Things can only be taken as they are, and there's no exception for anyone.
I'm sure Andrew would so much want to play these few shows, but sometimes
there's no escape from withdrawal, if you don't want to lose or destroy all.
H. Blackrose
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I have a terrible prediction. First, I'm pretty sure the Antwerp gig will go ahead after 2 days rest. But what will happen is that Von will be determined to book another tour to make up for the Gent and Eindhoven dates. And he'll collapse and *those* gigs will be rescheduled. And so on and so on until he drops dead live on stage.

He'd probably *like* dropping dead live on stage but I don't think he's going to retire gracefully.
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
sultan2075
Overbomber

H. Blackrose wrote: 29 Jan 2024, 01:11 I have a terrible prediction. First, I'm pretty sure the Antwerp gig will go ahead after 2 days rest. But what will happen is that Von will be determined to book another tour to make up for the Gent and Eindhoven dates. And he'll collapse and *those* gigs will be rescheduled. And so on and so on until he drops dead live on stage.

He'd probably *like* dropping dead live on stage but I don't think he's going to retire gracefully.
I am increasingly concerned about the man. I’d rather he retire to the avocado farm than see him work himself to death.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Cedarjet
Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote: 29 Jan 2024, 00:33
FireInReptileHouse wrote: 28 Jan 2024, 22:49 Disappointed for you all of course, but for so many reasons Andrew cannot keep doing this. Whether the rumour are true, or if it's something else, or he is ill, I just seriously hope for his own sake he will cancel and get some damn rest. The last thing anyone wants is for something to happen or for this to get worse. I wish the band the best in these difficult time and I genuinely hope Andrew is ok and will take whatever action he needs to get better. Hope you all had a good night in NL anyway
That's all so saddening, but I couldn't say it better than you...
Things can only be taken as they are, and there's no exception for anyone.
I'm sure Andrew would so much want to play these few shows, but sometimes
there's no escape from withdrawal, if you don't want to lose or destroy all.
As I wrote before: he should get an immediate break in order to recover, and if that‘s not possible, stop touring. I don‘t want to see him killing himself.
Trying is the first step towards failure
(Homer Simpson)
Jan
Amphetamine Filth

At least ...

In hindsight, with the Virginmarys getting on stage over 30 mins after their scheduled time, we had several signs that the Sisters won't appear on stage. Plus, normally the stage would've been partly prepared for the main act, like mic stands in position equipped with plectrums, but they were just standing rather lonely at each far end of the stage. After the Virginmarys concluded, staff quickly pulled the main curtain and you could see that the light behind the curtain was very bright. Before that, we could briefly see Chris removing the Doktor.

I figure they let the Virginmarys appear to secure their income?

Outside while waiting in the queue, we saw Ben and Chris entering the building in their usual relaxed mood. Kai was nowhere to be seen.

My guess would be that they indeed play Antwerp and then cast Von off to a tropical island until he's fully recovered.
FireInReptileHouse

H. Blackrose wrote: 29 Jan 2024, 01:11 I have a terrible prediction. First, I'm pretty sure the Antwerp gig will go ahead after 2 days rest. But what will happen is that Von will be determined to book another tour to make up for the Gent and Eindhoven dates. And he'll collapse and *those* gigs will be rescheduled. And so on and so on until he drops dead live on stage.

This has often been my fear even before the October illness, that there will be no preplanned farewell, that Von will carry on until he drops. I still absolutely wish against everything that this will happen, but I have thought this before, and I'm sure many others have. Go home, get well, give us a lovely three nighter at the roundhouse with everything you've got then go and enjoy some retirement and relaxation. Something like that.
we will steal what we cannot buy when all is stole from us
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Ghost would a better name for this band.
guns & cars & accidents