Rarest items

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
Post Reply
deirfiur
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 155
Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 23:24
Location: Omnipresent
Contact:

so... what are the rarest Sisters items in the following categories

Audio - Vinyl, CD, Cassette

Visual - DVD, VHS etc

Print - Fanzines. official Sisters publications, Sisters guide to brevity

Clothing - T-Shirts and underwear

Miscellaneous - Tea Towels, Slippers and Bedspreads
abridged
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1253
Joined: 08 Sep 2008, 10:27
Location: Derry

I've never seen anyone else with the Sisters Warhol Soup Can Cross T-Shirt. Sold back in the day by The Reptile House. I have one and am sure others have but in all these years have never seen another one.
The Chancer Corporation
deirfiur
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 155
Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 23:24
Location: Omnipresent
Contact:

Do please post photo/link to the suggested artifacts
User avatar
markfiend
goriller of form 3b
Posts: 20434
Joined: 11 Nov 2003, 10:55
Location: st custards
Contact:

The rarest official vinyl is surely the Damage Done 7". Limited to 1000 copies, many of which were unsold and (supposedly) are still in the possession of :von:

(Although I'm sure that someone will come back and tell me that there's a rare Venezuelan pressing of Floodland of which only three were pressed or something)

However there are a metric f*cktonnne of bootleg vinyls that are limited to ~50 copies or fewer. Whether you're interested in those or not is a different question.
User avatar
Drsisters
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 624
Joined: 26 Jan 2002, 00:00
Location: Europe

markfiend wrote:The rarest official vinyl is surely the Damage Done 7". Limited to 1000 copies, many of which were unsold and (supposedly) are still in the possession of :von:

(Although I'm sure that someone will come back and tell me that there's a rare Venezuelan pressing of Floodland of which only three were pressed or something)

However there are a metric f*cktonnne of bootleg vinyls that are limited to ~50 copies or fewer. Whether you're interested in those or not is a different question.
Damage Done is rare for sure, but This Corrosion 7" (South African) press is definitely more rare and obscure. I doubt they ever pressed more then 500 copys of that single.
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12755
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 71%

markfiend wrote:The rarest official vinyl is surely the Damage Done 7". Limited to 1000 copies, many of which were unsold and (supposedly) are still in the possession of :von:

(Although I'm sure that someone will come back and tell me that there's a rare Venezuelan pressing of Floodland of which only three were pressed or something)

However there are a metric f*cktonnne of bootleg vinyls that are limited to ~50 copies or fewer. Whether you're interested in those or not is a different question.
Yeah, Greek bootlegs limited to 200, 100, 88, 50, 30, 25, 24, 20, 10, 5 or 1 items ... or to 25 this month and 50 the next month, including 7", 10" and 12" box sets, A5 CD box sets and digipack CDs and flexis coming with photos, shirts, badges, coasters, tote bags, puzzles, pendants and other trash showing pictures and logos copied from anywhere on the web ... ... and other producers are learning ... a real flood of "rarities" ...

These are no real Sisters items.

How many were made of the lovely Sisters Zippo lighter on the other hand? In brushed chrome and midnight chrome ... *sigh ...

Image ..... Image ..... and then this sad copy ... Image
User avatar
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed
Posts: 7929
Joined: 24 Mar 2005, 00:01
Location: WhizzWorld 31137
Contact:

i have a set of colour photographs, mostly from the Leicester Mr Kiesa's gig in march '85, with a few from leicester uni 84. i was sold these for a couple of quid back in the late 1980's. they were taken by an audience member using a pre-digitial camera and they aren't on the internet anywhere ( -yet. i will share these on HL when i eventually aquire a scanner)
they were sold me in the envelope/packet that they came back from the developers in (though without the negatives) and although it's possible that someone printed more than one set off, i was told they were one-offs by the seller - a guy i trusted simply because he wouldnt have dared cross me.

i have another larger, B & W picture from that gig that was taken by a professional photographer, a girl who i dated briefly in 1987. when she gave it to me she said that no other copies of that were ever printed so that is actually unique.
Long Live Gonzoid Amyphetamine Filth! :wink:

:bat:
User avatar
spartacus mills
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 107
Joined: 30 Dec 2003, 21:15
Location: wales
Contact:

Being645 wrote:s.

How many were made of the lovely Sisters Zippo lighter on the other hand? In brushed chrome and midnight chrome ... *sigh ...

Image ..... Image ..... and then this sad copy ... Image
I used to have the midnight chrome one! Sadly lost...
User avatar
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed
Posts: 7929
Joined: 24 Mar 2005, 00:01
Location: WhizzWorld 31137
Contact:

Drsisters wrote:
markfiend wrote:The rarest official vinyl is surely the Damage Done 7". Limited to 1000 copies, many of which were unsold and (supposedly) are still in the possession of :von:

(Although I'm sure that someone will come back and tell me that there's a rare Venezuelan pressing of Floodland of which only three were pressed or something)

However there are a metric f*cktonnne of bootleg vinyls that are limited to ~50 copies or fewer. Whether you're interested in those or not is a different question.
Damage Done is rare for sure, but This Corrosion 7" (South African) press is definitely more rare and obscure. I doubt they ever pressed more then 500 copys of that single.
surely acetates/test pressings would be more limited in number?
Long Live Gonzoid Amyphetamine Filth! :wink:

:bat:
User avatar
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed
Posts: 7929
Joined: 24 Mar 2005, 00:01
Location: WhizzWorld 31137
Contact:

the brass vision thing belt-buckles only exist in very small numbers. i believe they were made as corporate ppromotional gifts for executives etc in the music biz. they are probably all owned by HLers now. :von:
Long Live Gonzoid Amyphetamine Filth! :wink:

:bat:
User avatar
Drsisters
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 624
Joined: 26 Jan 2002, 00:00
Location: Europe

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Drsisters wrote:
markfiend wrote:The rarest official vinyl is surely the Damage Done 7". Limited to 1000 copies, many of which were unsold and (supposedly) are still in the possession of :von:

(Although I'm sure that someone will come back and tell me that there's a rare Venezuelan pressing of Floodland of which only three were pressed or something)

However there are a metric f*cktonnne of bootleg vinyls that are limited to ~50 copies or fewer. Whether you're interested in those or not is a different question.
Damage Done is rare for sure, but This Corrosion 7" (South African) press is definitely more rare and obscure. I doubt they ever pressed more then 500 copys of that single.
surely acetates/test pressings would be more limited in number?
Yeah, but they aint "official" pressings for the wider audience :P
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12755
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 71%

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:the brass vision thing belt-buckles only exist in very small numbers. i believe they were made as corporate ppromotional gifts for executives etc in the music biz...
This one .. ;D ...

Image
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:... they are probably all owned by HLers now. :von:
where they belong ... 8) :wink: ...
User avatar
Swinnow
Overbomber
Posts: 2606
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 08:51
Location: Self-isolating from feral Guinea Pigs

Being645 wrote:How many were made of the lovely Sisters Zippo lighter on the other hand? In brushed chrome and midnight chrome ... *sigh ...

Image ..... Image ..... and then this sad copy ... Image
I had the brushed chrome version, was swiped off my table in the pub down the road from the London Forum gig in the early naughties. Damn!!!
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
User avatar
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed
Posts: 7929
Joined: 24 Mar 2005, 00:01
Location: WhizzWorld 31137
Contact:

Being645 wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:the brass vision thing belt-buckles only exist in very small numbers. i believe they were made as corporate ppromotional gifts for executives etc in the music biz...
This one .. ;D ...

Image
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:... they are probably all owned by HLers now. :von:
where they belong ... 8) :wink: ...
damn straight. :von:
Long Live Gonzoid Amyphetamine Filth! :wink:

:bat:
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12755
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 71%

Swinnow wrote:
Being645 wrote:How many were made of the lovely Sisters Zippo lighter on the other hand? In brushed chrome and midnight chrome ... *sigh ...

Image ..... Image ..... and then this sad copy ... Image
I had the brushed chrome version, was swiped off my table in the pub down the road from the London Forum gig in the early naughties. Damn!!!
spartacus mills wrote: I used to have the midnight chrome one! Sadly lost...
Oh I wish I had ever had one, but they were too expensive for me at the time. And nowadays ... very hardly seen ... *sigh ...

AND I AM STILL A SMOKER ...
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker
Posts: 4522
Joined: 11 Jul 2002, 01:00

I picked up the lightbulb from THAT photo for £50.00 once. That's fairly rare I guess.
post edited to ensure GDPR compliance
User avatar
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber
Posts: 2455
Joined: 04 Aug 2011, 23:35
Location: Scotland
Contact:

paint it black wrote:I picked up the lightbulb from THAT photo for £50.00 once. That's fairly rare I guess.
:lol:
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12755
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 71%

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
paint it black wrote:I picked up the lightbulb from THAT photo for £50.00 once. That's fairly rare I guess.
:lol:
Absolutely ... :lol: :lol: ...
User avatar
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 410
Joined: 13 Jul 2011, 04:48
Location: NZ

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: surely acetates/test pressings would be more limited in number?
I had a Leeds Underground white label but I don't know where it is now, haven't seen it for years... :roll:
User avatar
panzerfaust
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 269
Joined: 15 Apr 2008, 12:21

Being645 wrote:
Swinnow wrote:
Being645 wrote:How many were made of the lovely Sisters Zippo lighter on the other hand? In brushed chrome and midnight chrome ... *sigh ...

Image ..... Image ..... and then this sad copy ... Image
I had the brushed chrome version, was swiped off my table in the pub down the road from the London Forum gig in the early naughties. Damn!!!
spartacus mills wrote: I used to have the midnight chrome one! Sadly lost...
Oh I wish I had ever had one, but they were too expensive for me at the time. And nowadays ... very hardly seen ... *sigh ...

AND I AM STILL A SMOKER ...
totally agree. still smoking. still not having that holy grail of zippos
User avatar
Dan
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1861
Joined: 25 Sep 2002, 01:00
Location: Leeds

bearskin wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: surely acetates/test pressings would be more limited in number?
I had a Leeds Underground white label but I don't know where it is now, haven't seen it for years... :roll:
Can you remember what it sounded like? (I mean what genre, if it sounded Sisters-like or more like SSV, etc.)
User avatar
cardoman
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1541
Joined: 26 Aug 2007, 19:23
Location: Where the lights shine on the aluminium

Being645 wrote:
markfiend wrote:The rarest official vinyl is surely the Damage Done 7". Limited to 1000 copies, many of which were unsold and (supposedly) are still in the possession of :von:

(Although I'm sure that someone will come back and tell me that there's a rare Venezuelan pressing of Floodland of which only three were pressed or something)

However there are a metric f*cktonnne of bootleg vinyls that are limited to ~50 copies or fewer. Whether you're interested in those or not is a different question.
Yeah, Greek bootlegs limited to 200, 100, 88, 50, 30, 25, 24, 20, 10, 5 or 1 items ... or to 25 this month and 50 the next month, including 7", 10" and 12" box sets, A5 CD box sets and digipack CDs and flexis coming with photos, shirts, badges, coasters, tote bags, puzzles, pendants and other trash showing pictures and logos copied from anywhere on the web ... ... and other producers are learning ... a real flood of "rarities" ...

These are no real Sisters items.

How many were made of the lovely Sisters Zippo lighter on the other hand? In brushed chrome and midnight chrome ... *sigh ...

Image ..... Image ..... and then this sad copy ... Image
I like the 3 of them.

For me the holy grail is the WEA Box set (black and white)

Image
Was it Alice or our daughter Ellice???
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12755
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 71%

Lucky you ... :lol: ;D ...

some other Sisters Zippo lighter with a logo like on this shirt does exist as well ... :wink: ...

Image
Post Reply