Posting images

For you to give feedback to the Heartland moderators. Wish lists, fault reports, etc. You may get an answer, you may not. As in all things, it largely depends on how nicely you ask the people in charge... You're welcome.
Pista
Cureboi

Split from this thread

So as not to derail it
Mothra wrote: If someone can explain in words of one syllable (or less) how I upload the pictures to here, I'll get straight on it :D
You can host them here.
Be sure to choose 640x480 for message boards & then use the img BBcode tags to embed the direct link you get. :)

edit: A visual guide

Start typing your post then click on Full Editor & Preview

Click on the insert image icon & you'll see the img tags appear

Copy/ paste the url of the image you want to insert (make sure it's not enormous) in between the img tags

Click Preview & your image should be visible

When you're happy with the post, just click Submit & you should be all done :)
Last edited by Pista on 02 Jun 2018, 17:38, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote:
Mothra wrote: If someone can explain in words of one syllable (or less) how I upload the pictures to here, I'll get straight on it :D
You can host them here.
Be sure to choose 640x480 for message boards & then use the img BBcode tags to embed the direct link you get. :)
You started to lose me at 640x480, and then completely lost me img BBcode tags.

PM me if you think it will help, but do not underestimate my cack-handedness at such matters :)
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Mothra wrote:
Pista wrote:
You can host them here.
You started to lose me at 640x480, and then completely lost me img BBcode tags.

PM me if you think it will help, but do not underestimate my cack-handedness at such matters :)
Not just me then. Sadly the comparative difficulty of posting pics here compared to the one click ease of sharing stuff on social media is one of the reasons why it's a bit quieter here these days :(
Being645
Above the Chemist

It's very easy:

Upload (or host) the picture to a hosting site such as https://postimages.org/ or http://www.666kb.com/ or any other.
There are lots such pages. All free of charge and many without having to give any personal data or create an account.
If there is an option asking about the size of the picture choose 640x480 as that is not too large and not too small for a forum page.

Then you get a link like
https://s33.postimg.cc/q23aizae7/tsom-2007-white.jpg (on postimage chose "direct link") or
http://666kb.com/i/du0yh6yz12u50iups.jpg (on 666kb chose URL)

img BBcode tags - these are funny words that mean nothing but you put the link in the middle of these brackets Image ... and the picture will appear ...

DONE:

Image (postimage) ... Image .. (666kb)

... :D :D :D ... give it a try. You can use that link to post the picture in other forums and on social media as well ... :D :D :D ...

More importantly ... :) ...
Mothra wrote:And On This Day...
The Sisters played Amsterdam Melkweg in 1984, and the Los Angeles Palace in 1985.

Just cooked breakfast to the sounds of Ghostrider/Sister Ray from the Amsterdam show. The best moment of their best show? Certainly one of the stand-out moments that I've heard by them, either in terms of on record, bootlegged or at a show.
Hah, yeah. The Amsterdam gig was quite a good one, got recorded and bootlegged ... :D ... other than the one in L.A. 1985 ... :) ...
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Plus, if you click the 'quote' button to the right of someone's post, it will bring up the coding for that post, so you can see how things should be laid out, which is always a good help! :D
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Thanks @Pista and@Being. Is the link to the photo hosting site permanent?
Pista
Cureboi

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:Thanks @Pista and@Being. Is the link to the photo hosting site permanent?
It should be, but if you have alternatives you can suggest, please go ahead & let us know.
Here's another one that's free & works great for forums
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Pista wrote:if you have alternatives you can suggest, please go ahead & let us know.
:lol: Have never used a photo hosting site in my life! Appreciate the advice, thanks very much.
Pista
Cureboi

No probs.
There's also always the gallery here. But if you want to then add those images to posts, you'd need to resize them first in case they start causing wide-ons.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:Thanks @Pista and@Being. Is the link to the photo hosting site permanent?
Yes. The pictures are stored there forever ... :D ...

This is another such hosting service available in English, German, Spanish and Turk language ... :D ...

Btw, one can also use the URLs of photos from sites like Google Drive or other cloud services, afaik ...
or basically from anywhere on the web ... like the one down here, the URL of which I've captured from a well-known lovely Sisters blog ... ;D :lol: ...

However, some hosting sites like Imageshak and Photobucket do delete pictures automatically after a while or when it seems suitable to them, which has already left quite a few nasty empty spaces in older forum posts, unfortunately ... :( ... however, another reason for the disappearance of pictures is also the closing down of so many old fan websites on geocities and other services some years ago ... the pictures used and linked to there have also got lost ... :( ... let's hope it won't happen again to the wonderful, wide and coloured blog world of today with the next advancement in technology ... :? ...
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

sorry...just doing a test to see if i got it.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Pista
Cureboi

MadameButterfly wrote:Image

You got it Debs.
Just be sure to have it resized to about 500x500px or it'll give us all a wide on ;)

Top tip though. If it's on google images, you can use that url too & might save you some graft :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Pista wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:Image

You got it Debs.
Just be sure to have it resized to about 500x500px or it'll give us all a wide on ;)

Top tip though. If it's on google images, you can use that url too & might save you some graft :D
Yay! thank you for the info. don't want to give you wide on's :lol:
yeah i was looking at all the options and doing this from my phone and not a computer is a pain in the arse as it is. see i can't type with my thumb so my index finger is doing overtime. also thanks for adjusting it!
that ongoing eternity
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

okay let's have a laugh at my expense.
i used to be able to do avatars but now it doesn't want to work.

Steve or anyone help please.
that ongoing eternity
Pista
Cureboi

MadameButterfly wrote:okay let's have a laugh at my expense.

It should be the same as always. Hasn't changed. What image did you want to use?
You can whatsapp it to me if we get stuck :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Pista wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:okay let's have a laugh at my expense.

It should be the same as always. Hasn't changed. What image did you want to use?
You can whatsapp it to me if we get stuck :)
:notworthy: :notworthy: thank you Steve! You really are a star helping me out.
Much appreciated xxx
that ongoing eternity
Pista
Cureboi

You're welcome :D

x
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

always worth google/yahoo/bing image searching for common images. then its simply:
right-click on image, copy image location/adress, >>post a reply box: Image.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

thanks Lee.. yeah i know how to do it from the computer..
i post from a smartphone so i have to work with bb codes

got it sorted though as my avatar is up.

:wink: :kiss:
that ongoing eternity