Glasperlenspiel and band lineup rumours

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
twp
Amphetamine Filth

At least this site has been updated for the first time in 20 months..although the update seems to distill much of what has been discussed here. More power to Heartland's elbows

http://gps.tsom.org/news.html
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

The hot gossip out of Leeds 6 is that there will be a change to the band's line-up on this tour, with RoboChrist doing something or other. Whether this means that either Adam or Chris have called it a day is unclear.
ahh, so its "out" on the web now is it?

this has been a rumour for a few days now... i've heard from 2 or 3 different sources that he will be replacing adam on guitar.

http://www.robochrist.co.uk/

has chris actually signed on the dotted yet then? :?
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
mik
Chameleons Guru

:von: wrote:We're not a goff band, no sirree fat bob.

You couldn't make it up could ya? :lol:
Something pithy.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

He was in some way affiliated with AntiProduct? Right, that puts him on the "Good" list. :)
RobF
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

He may be painted a funny colour, but he has very fine "bugger grips" as they are often known ;D
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

mik wrote: Image

You couldn't make it up could ya? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

If this guy is going to appear on stage I'll be collapsing in fits of hysterical laughter!

And I'll seriously consider finding myself another favourite band. There are limits, no matter whether he does play good music or not.
You can't fix stupid.
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:this has been a rumour for a few days now... i've heard from 2 or 3 different sources that he will be replacing adam on guitar.
This Robochrist geezer played at my local the other week. He's quite an eccentric by all accounts - a sort of Jaz Coleman on speed... :urff:
The Scene won't save you...
_emma_
Overbomber

I like him already. Whoever he is.
Eva

But what I REALLY wanted to know, before I got distracted by this - er - well, what I wanted to know is:

Is there any official source, where Andrius will get the information from? I mean, it doesn't help me the slightest if I can read the same roumors on his site that I'll find here or wherever else. What I need are OFFICIAL CONFIRMATIONS from The Sisters. Will we get them on Andrius' site or on Glasperlenspiel or somewhere else?

Please, you people with the link to the Gods, can you let us know?

Thanks in advance!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
You can't fix stupid.
hallucienate
Overbomber

The GPS folk seem to be pretty tight with Von, so anything they say can probably be considered to be pretty close to official. They should at least be able to get their info checked by the right people.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Except the email addy on their site is no longer valid. Tried that one the other day, only to get a mail delivery failure reply. :?
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Still, the gigs should be interesting with this robocop bloke on stage. Can you imagine him sharing a stage with :von: in that get-up. He'd be mistaken for a stage invading punter and get tw**ted by Von's mikestand at Mera Luna :lol:

And as it seems Adam has left the band, I'd like to doff my cap in his direction. Longest serving, coolest stage presence, probably the best guitarist The Sisters have ever had. Shame he never got to record anything. Regardless, cheers Adam. :notworthy: :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Eva

Yes, Adam was great, you're right, and it's a shame he left!

To Adam:

Cheers!
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

As to new guitarists:
I wish we got one this time who's able to play the original guitar part of Temple Of Love... :roll:
You can't fix stupid.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

see also www.thescaramangasix.co.uk

he's the chap with the sideburns and mohican

thus: http://jbkcomputing.com/robochrist/chris.html
chris wrote:done session vocals for Adam Pearson of the Sisters of Mercy’s new hard-edged techno-rock project;
i'm interested.

whilst adam looked the part, and had the "walking backwards and forwards in and out of the smoke" thing down to a tee, he wasnt exactly an inspirational guitarist was he? workman-like i would call it. certainly no gary or wayne... or andreas or tim.

and if he is a bit of a nutter on stage maybe it will create a bit more of an atmosphere? :)

i'm looking forward to it ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
canon docre
Overbomber

This bloke - Robo-whatever - might have a questionable appearance, but his fav music list includes the exquisite Strapping Young Lad. :P :notworthy:
Gottdammerung

Maybe, just maybe Eldritch might actually keep to his word and produce a Sisters that truly is an Industrial Groove Machine.. I mean the mans meant to be dabbling in music programming etc....

And let's face it, after heck knows how many years of not releasing a recordings, its definitely gonna have to be something totally different to stop some people :roll: comparing it to the past work....
You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye

Hunter S. Thompson
Eva

Quiff Boy wrote:see also www.thescaramangasix.co.uk

he's the chap with the sideburns and mohican

thus: http://jbkcomputing.com/robochrist/chris.html
:eek:

:D If THIS is the same guy I'm far more confident and I won't have hysterical fits.

Now where's the icon for relief?
You can't fix stupid.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

He has very similar hair/sideys to a guy that used to work behind the bar in Joseph's Well. But I don't think it is him.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Eva

markfiend wrote:He has very similar hair/sideys to a guy that used to work behind the bar in Joseph's Well. But I don't think it is him.
The sideys are actually quite sexy.... :oops:
You can't fix stupid.
Peter KJ
Amphetamine Filth

The question is:
Can he play "Top Nite Out"???
TheBoyNextDoor

Some questions springs to my mind:

1. Has Adam left?
2. Says who?

And about Robochrist:

3. Doesn't this guy look lite a g*th?
4. This guy is a g*th, right?
5. If not, who is Andrew laughing at and making fun of at gigs? Black clothed people? Housewifes?

Is this a joke that I somewhat didn't catch.. !?

Ok, the first two questions if of most importance. ;)
pearson
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

look at the "news" of robochrist's page!!!!!!!
Robochrist is looking to play any gigs, anywhere... apart from in the month of August when it's looking like he'll be busy on tour with another band.
ok,ladies & gentleman!
it's true!! 8)

adam has left and this guy will play with the sisters !
there's too much blood in my vodkastream

----------------adam pearson------------------
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

so who is replacing chris then, the joker :twisted:
Goths have feelings too
Eva

And the other question:

Why has Adam left the band?

Suggestions anybody?
You can't fix stupid.
James Blast
Banned

RoboArse would be a better name
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele