Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Glasperlenspiel and band lineup rumours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Depprocksfarfar
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #26  Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Information from http://jbkcomputing.com/robochrist/chris.html

"done session vocals for Adam Pearson of the Sisters of Mercy’s new hard-edged techno-rock project;"

My guess is that Chris Sheehan is out and Adam still in!
twp
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #27  Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any level of activity is better than we have been treated to in the past couple of years. And I guess that this means that AE isn't quite dead yet.

He seems quite prolific in terms of output. Chris Sheehan is relatively prolific. Maybe AE might catch the bug....

...or not
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

PostPost #28  Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Depprocksfarfar wrote:
My guess is that Chris Sheehan is out and Adam still in!

my knowledge is that they've all left, including doktor avalanche who has been replaced by a laptop (easier to transport in hand luggage)

the robochrist news is very old Our fearless leader!
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #29  Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

At the risk of invoking the spirits of Sid James and Kenneth Williams, besides looking like a right tit (why is it never the left one? I digress...) what is this Robochrist renowned for?
Twiddling knobs? Rolling Eyes
Slapping bass? Embarassed
Fingering guitar? It wasn't me...

Or is he simply connected in the supply of a certain Class B controlled substance?
zaltys7
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #30  Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Erudite wrote:
At the risk of invoking the spirits of Sid James and Kenneth Williams, besides looking like a right tit (why is it never the left one? I digress...) what is this Robochrist renowned for?
Twiddling knobs? Rolling Eyes
Slapping bass? Embarassed
Fingering guitar? It wasn't me...

Or is he simply connected in the supply of a certain Class B controlled substance?

Laughing Laughing Laughing

If I didn't think of myself as a writer I would hire you.

Sorry.

Still, I always like reading your posts.

Paul
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #31  Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zaltys7 wrote:

If I didn't think of myself as a writer I would hire you.

Sorry.

Still, I always like reading your posts.

Paul

Cheers.
Glad to know somebody does.
Now I can skive off in good conscience!

PS

Did I mention I will work for JD & coke?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #32  Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

paint it black wrote:
the robochrist news is very old Our fearless leader!

yep.

Chris wrote:
...I did some session vocals for Adam a couple of years ago...

Our fearless leader!

Erudite wrote:
what is this Robochrist renowned for?
Twiddling knobs?
Slapping bass?
Fingering guitar?

guitar fingerer Laughing

markfiend wrote:
He has very similar hair/sideys to a guy that used to work behind the bar in Joseph's Well. But I don't think it is him.

could be. he's done the rounds of local bands so its its not unfeasible that he's worked in a few bars & gig venues too. i hear he has also worked at the cockpit Question
the cake is a lie
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #33  Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One of the Kaiser Chiefs used to work in the Well too as it happens.

No I don't think this robot bloke is the same guy that I'm thinking of; the hairdos (or hairdon'ts Wink ) match, but the face isn't the same... I think.
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #34  Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I txt my mate who used to work in The Fav & he says it might be him! He remembers a "guy in bands & stuff who looked daft". Laughing

Still a shame if Adam's gone, he was my fave axeman. Crying or Very sad
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #35  Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Purple Light wrote:

I'm just hoping that Robochrist (should the rumours be true) will take on bass duties as Adam did. The idea of it all being done by the Doktor thrills me not.
spartacus mills
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #36  Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Andrew S appears to have Robochrist as his avatar!
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #37  Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well Spotted!

We are not worthy! It wasn't me...
paint it black

PostPost #38  Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Andrew S wrote:
Purple Light wrote:

I'm just hoping that Robochrist (should the rumours be true) will take on bass duties as Adam did. The idea of it all being done by the Doktor thrills me not.

there is no bass, there is no guitar, get over it Our fearless leader!
Francis
Overbomber

PostPost #39  Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

paint it black wrote:
there is no bass, there is no guitar, get over it

Just like any other night at Burley Liberal Club then.
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

PostPost #40  Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If this is what it's come to, I'll bail out and live in Black October.

The main word 'parody' spings to mind, and the expression flogging a dead horse (worshipping a false idol) and even a guillible public.

I know all the reasons why/why not.

IF, the man ever cared, he would have responded. He never, ever put his own hand in his own pocket (and he is minted) to keep the Sisters going. He's never acknoledged this place. Which is bad.

Roll up, roll up and fill his pension fund/cat food fund.

The venues will get even smaller.

It's sad, but true.

Seriously, get a life. Live in the past as we all do. Don't expect a future. You'll be very, very, very disapponted. Our fearless leader!
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #41  Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Revr'nd
Loki

PostPost #42  Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And I also do get totally fcuked off by the people who claim to 'know'' something. And know nothing.

Life. We all live it. We all have constraints.
Francis
Overbomber

PostPost #43  Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know something.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #44  Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

While I've rarely had a good word to say about Eldritch since the end of the Smoke & Mirrors tour, I feel inclined to hold off the obituary until some reports filter back from the actual gigs and the impact (if any) is known on the sound / direction / set list.
It might well prove to be the same load of old pony, but it might also prove to be the kick up the arse the band so badly needs.

I must be mellowing with age or some such thing... Neutral
paint it black

PostPost #45  Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Loki wrote:
And I also do get totally fcuked off by the people who claim to 'know'' something. And know nothing.

Life. We all live it. We all have constraints.

i'm glad i know nothing. ignorance is bliss Cool

some people have been walking the wire for months. go figure Our fearless leader!
hodgo
Road Kill

PostPost #46  Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've just found this and i refuse to believe Robochrist is joining the Sisters of Mercy, because I only saw him on Tuesday night in Joseph's Well (yes he did and still does work there now and then) at the Alabama Thunderpussy gig and he never told me about it! and he knows i'm a big Sisters fan. I don't have his number but a mate does and so i'm trying to find out more. I was never really bothered about signing on here but i think you people may have got the wrong nd of the stick on a few things about it.

A bit of background - he's definitely NOT a g*th (as you guys put it Laughing ), he does a parody character thing ROBOCHRIST which you have seen by now, in his words it was a pisstake that he did and then suddenly people started to like it, it's just a bit of fun and is well worth checking out live, it's like weird electronic industrial stuff with comedy samples. He was in a great Leeds band that nearly made it called Catalyst (hence the name Chris Catalyst), played (plays?) in a Leeds punk band The Dead Pets who he toured america with, now he's playing with Scaramanga Six too I see, as a mate of mine calls him'the Dave Grohl of Leeds'. I know he was doing some singing for Adam Pearson a while ago but not sure what happened with that. He's a jolly nice man too, and a good guitarist. You always see him at gigs in Leeds.

I will post back on here if i hear anything back from my friend who knows him better than me. but if he didn't say anything the other night, that suggests it's either not true or it's not to be spoken about, because he knows how much i love the sisters.
Electrochrome
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #47  Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Loki wrote:
If this is what it's come to, I'll bail out and live in Black October.

The main word 'parody' spings to mind, and the expression flogging a dead horse (worshipping a false idol) and even a guillible public.

I know all the reasons why/why not.

IF, the man ever cared, he would have responded. He never, ever put his own hand in his own pocket (and he is minted) to keep the Sisters going. He's never acknoledged this place. Which is bad.

Roll up, roll up and fill his pension fund/cat food fund.

The venues will get even smaller.

It's sad, but true.

Seriously, get a life. Live in the past as we all do. Don't expect a future. You'll be very, very, very disapponted. Our fearless leader!

I think you forgot to mention the latest tidbit...that the man forgot the password to his own website? That speaks some volumes. Oh yeah, about time I get in there and post an update, he thinks, before trying to jog his addled brain for the password.

I don't get something...this band once lived on a major, toured Europe, the UK, the USA. They made videos. They released singles. People heard of them. Now they can't get any gigs, the venues shrink, and he's quite content to play festivals because...I assume it's because it hides the actual low number of tickets the Sisters alone can sell anymore.

No bigger venues without record contract, let's face facts.
canon docre
Overbomber

PostPost #48  Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Electrochrome wrote:
Quote:

And lets face it: No big (means with decent advances) record company will EVER sign someone as cross-grained as he is.
He blew it all by talking bad in public about his old label. They are allergic against that and they stick together.
(I worked for a rec comp. for years. Cool)
The only remaining possibility would be a release on a small label and work his way up again....
Electrochrome
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #49  Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

canon docre wrote:
Electrochrome wrote:
Quote:

And lets face it: No big (means with decent advances) record company will EVER sign someone as cross-grained as he is.
He blew it all by talking bad in public about his old label. They are allergic against that and they stick together.
(I worked for a rec comp. for years. Cool)
The only remaining possibility would be a release on a small label and work his way up again....

According to the 2002 interview, Eldo was 'stunned' that one label told him that TSOM were not major label material. Eldo thought that was 'wrong'. Earth to Mr. Eldritch: bitching about your record company for years and going on strike pretty much guarantees that majors put you in the 'black book', unless you have serious potential of 'shifting units'. Which the Sisters do not.

And a smaller label? The fans would welcome it, but it's not enough compensation for the 'band'. It's really a shame. Don't understand why a Metropolis wouldn't suit them, something like that.

What are we kidding? This is a weekend band, nothing more. And that's fine. We're just obsessed, sad people who will travel around the world to help Eldo with more cat-food money.

The man is an utter bastardo. And for heaven's sake, grow some hair back, man!
Loki

PostPost #50  Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wasn't Andrew prepared to compromise and lower his sights (financially) but Adam said no?

Adam gone, does he need the hassle of forming a new band and starting again?

Maybe he is. Maybe he needs to have some rationale and understand where TSOM sit in the wider pop/rock world.

Which is somewhere down with the plankton
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: