Glasperlenspiel and band lineup rumours

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Information from http://jbkcomputing.com/robochrist/chris.html

"done session vocals for Adam Pearson of the Sisters of Mercy’s new hard-edged techno-rock project;"

My guess is that Chris Sheehan is out and Adam still in!
twp
Amphetamine Filth

Any level of activity is better than we have been treated to in the past couple of years. And I guess that this means that AE isn't quite dead yet.

He seems quite prolific in terms of output. Chris Sheehan is relatively prolific. Maybe AE might catch the bug....

...or not
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Depprocksfarfar wrote:My guess is that Chris Sheehan is out and Adam still in!
my knowledge is that they've all left, including doktor avalanche who has been replaced by a laptop (easier to transport in hand luggage)

the robochrist news is very old :von:
Goths have feelings too
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

At the risk of invoking the spirits of Sid James and Kenneth Williams, besides looking like a right tit (why is it never the left one? I digress...) what is this Robochrist renowned for?
Twiddling knobs? :roll:
Slapping bass? :oops:
Fingering guitar? :innocent:

Or is he simply connected in the supply of a certain Class B controlled substance?
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
zaltys7

Erudite wrote:At the risk of invoking the spirits of Sid James and Kenneth Williams, besides looking like a right tit (why is it never the left one? I digress...) what is this Robochrist renowned for?
Twiddling knobs? :roll:
Slapping bass? :oops:
Fingering guitar? :innocent:

Or is he simply connected in the supply of a certain Class B controlled substance?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

If I didn't think of myself as a writer I would hire you.

Sorry.

Still, I always like reading your posts.

Paul
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

zaltys7 wrote: If I didn't think of myself as a writer I would hire you.

Sorry.

Still, I always like reading your posts.

Paul
Cheers.
Glad to know somebody does.
Now I can skive off in good conscience!

PS

Did I mention I will work for JD & coke?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

paint it black wrote:the robochrist news is very old :von:
yep.
Chris wrote:...I did some session vocals for Adam a couple of years ago...
:von:
Erudite wrote:what is this Robochrist renowned for?
Twiddling knobs?
Slapping bass?
Fingering guitar?
guitar fingerer :lol:
markfiend wrote:He has very similar hair/sideys to a guy that used to work behind the bar in Joseph's Well. But I don't think it is him.
could be. he's done the rounds of local bands so its its not unfeasible that he's worked in a few bars & gig venues too. i hear he has also worked at the cockpit :?:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

One of the Kaiser Chiefs used to work in the Well too as it happens.

No I don't think this robot bloke is the same guy that I'm thinking of; the hairdos (or hairdon'ts ;) ) match, but the face isn't the same... I think.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

I txt my mate who used to work in The Fav & he says it might be him! He remembers a "guy in bands & stuff who looked daft". :lol:

Still a shame if Adam's gone, he was my fave axeman. :cry:
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Purple Light wrote: Still a shame if Adam's gone, he was my fave axeman. :cry:
I'm just hoping that Robochrist (should the rumours be true) will take on bass duties as Adam did. The idea of it all being done by the Doktor thrills me not.
spartacus mills
Amphetamine Filth

Andrew S appears to have Robochrist as his avatar!
James Blast
Banned

Well Spotted!

:notworthy: :innocent:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
paint it black

Andrew S wrote:
Purple Light wrote: Still a shame if Adam's gone, he was my fave axeman. :cry:
I'm just hoping that Robochrist (should the rumours be true) will take on bass duties as Adam did. The idea of it all being done by the Doktor thrills me not.
there is no bass, there is no guitar, get over it :von:
Goths have feelings too
Francis
Overbomber

paint it black wrote:there is no bass, there is no guitar, get over it
Just like any other night at Burley Liberal Club then.
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

If this is what it's come to, I'll bail out and live in Black October.

The main word 'parody' spings to mind, and the expression flogging a dead horse (worshipping a false idol) and even a guillible public.

I know all the reasons why/why not.

IF, the man ever cared, he would have responded. He never, ever put his own hand in his own pocket (and he is minted) to keep the Sisters going. He's never acknoledged this place. Which is bad.

Roll up, roll up and fill his pension fund/cat food fund.

The venues will get even smaller.

It's sad, but true.

Seriously, get a life. Live in the past as we all do. Don't expect a future. You'll be very, very, very disapponted. :von:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
James Blast
Banned

Revr'nd Image
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Loki

And I also do get totally fcuked off by the people who claim to 'know'' something. And know nothing.

Life. We all live it. We all have constraints.
Francis
Overbomber

And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

While I've rarely had a good word to say about Eldritch since the end of the Smoke & Mirrors tour, I feel inclined to hold off the obituary until some reports filter back from the actual gigs and the impact (if any) is known on the sound / direction / set list.
It might well prove to be the same load of old pony, but it might also prove to be the kick up the arse the band so badly needs.

I must be mellowing with age or some such thing... :|
paint it black

Loki wrote:And I also do get totally fcuked off by the people who claim to 'know'' something. And know nothing.

Life. We all live it. We all have constraints.
i'm glad i know nothing. ignorance is bliss 8)

some people have been walking the wire for months. go figure :von:
Goths have feelings too
hodgo
Road Kill

I've just found this and i refuse to believe Robochrist is joining the Sisters of Mercy, because I only saw him on Tuesday night in Joseph's Well (yes he did and still does work there now and then) at the Alabama Thunderpussy gig and he never told me about it! and he knows i'm a big Sisters fan. I don't have his number but a mate does and so i'm trying to find out more. I was never really bothered about signing on here but i think you people may have got the wrong nd of the stick on a few things about it.

A bit of background - he's definitely NOT a g*th (as you guys put it :lol: ), he does a parody character thing ROBOCHRIST which you have seen by now, in his words it was a pisstake that he did and then suddenly people started to like it, it's just a bit of fun and is well worth checking out live, it's like weird electronic industrial stuff with comedy samples. He was in a great Leeds band that nearly made it called Catalyst (hence the name Chris Catalyst), played (plays?) in a Leeds punk band The Dead Pets who he toured america with, now he's playing with Scaramanga Six too I see, as a mate of mine calls him'the Dave Grohl of Leeds'. I know he was doing some singing for Adam Pearson a while ago but not sure what happened with that. He's a jolly nice man too, and a good guitarist. You always see him at gigs in Leeds.

I will post back on here if i hear anything back from my friend who knows him better than me. but if he didn't say anything the other night, that suggests it's either not true or it's not to be spoken about, because he knows how much i love the sisters.
Electrochrome

Loki wrote:If this is what it's come to, I'll bail out and live in Black October.

The main word 'parody' spings to mind, and the expression flogging a dead horse (worshipping a false idol) and even a guillible public.

I know all the reasons why/why not.

IF, the man ever cared, he would have responded. He never, ever put his own hand in his own pocket (and he is minted) to keep the Sisters going. He's never acknoledged this place. Which is bad.

Roll up, roll up and fill his pension fund/cat food fund.

The venues will get even smaller.

It's sad, but true.

Seriously, get a life. Live in the past as we all do. Don't expect a future. You'll be very, very, very disapponted. :von:
I think you forgot to mention the latest tidbit...that the man forgot the password to his own website? That speaks some volumes. Oh yeah, about time I get in there and post an update, he thinks, before trying to jog his addled brain for the password.

I don't get something...this band once lived on a major, toured Europe, the UK, the USA. They made videos. They released singles. People heard of them. Now they can't get any gigs, the venues shrink, and he's quite content to play festivals because...I assume it's because it hides the actual low number of tickets the Sisters alone can sell anymore.

No bigger venues without record contract, let's face facts.
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
canon docre
Overbomber

Electrochrome wrote:

And lets face it: No big (means with decent advances) record company will EVER sign someone as cross-grained as he is.
He blew it all by talking bad in public about his old label. They are allergic against that and they stick together.
(I worked for a rec comp. for years. 8))
The only remaining possibility would be a release on a small label and work his way up again....
Electrochrome

canon docre wrote:Electrochrome wrote:

And lets face it: No big (means with decent advances) record company will EVER sign someone as cross-grained as he is.
He blew it all by talking bad in public about his old label. They are allergic against that and they stick together.
(I worked for a rec comp. for years. 8))
The only remaining possibility would be a release on a small label and work his way up again....
According to the 2002 interview, Eldo was 'stunned' that one label told him that TSOM were not major label material. Eldo thought that was 'wrong'. Earth to Mr. Eldritch: bitching about your record company for years and going on strike pretty much guarantees that majors put you in the 'black book', unless you have serious potential of 'shifting units'. Which the Sisters do not.

And a smaller label? The fans would welcome it, but it's not enough compensation for the 'band'. It's really a shame. Don't understand why a Metropolis wouldn't suit them, something like that.

What are we kidding? This is a weekend band, nothing more. And that's fine. We're just obsessed, sad people who will travel around the world to help Eldo with more cat-food money.

The man is an utter bastardo. And for heaven's sake, grow some hair back, man!
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
Loki

Wasn't Andrew prepared to compromise and lower his sights (financially) but Adam said no?

Adam gone, does he need the hassle of forming a new band and starting again?

Maybe he is. Maybe he needs to have some rationale and understand where TSOM sit in the wider pop/rock world.

Which is somewhere down with the plankton