Tilburg gig details anyone?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
leanfang
Road Kill

Right, tickets bought for the dutch gig - very good news.

But can anyone tell me where exactly the venue is compared to Tilburg city centre and Eindhoven?

I've checked the 013 website and google for info and places to stay but still none the wiser...

Any tips appreciated.

Cheers

Fraser
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

There's a route on the site, but it's in Dutch only

Here's a map, I found on site, in just a few minutes I'll be posting a translation of the route :wink:

Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

As I promised: The translation of the way to 013-Tilburg

Reaching 013

By public transport:

013 is within 5 minutes reach of the station. When you exit the station, go left immediately and afterwards go right at the lights. Then take the second street on your left had (Korte Heuvel), walk this street to the end, end go left into the Veemarktstraat, where you’ll be immediately seeing 013 (being the building with the cds)

Check the (English) NS-site for departures and arrivals of trains

By car:

A58: Coming from Breda, Eindhoven or Den Bosch: Take the exit Tilburg/Hilvarenbeek (exit 10), follow ‘Tilburg Centrum’, and ‘Tilburg Centrum Noord’. With a railway line hill (don’t know how to translate this really, it’s some sort of long hill on which the railway runs above the ground) on your right hand, take the left road and at the second traffic lights left into the Tivoli garage. You can also park your car on the right side of the railway line hill. In the streets around 013 parking is allowed only for those who have a permit!

A59: Coming from Rotterdam or Den Bosch: Take the exit Waalwijk/Tilburg (exit 37) and follow the A261 up to Tilburg. Go straight ahead at the roundabout and viaduct. Afterwards, take the first traffic lights on your left hand, follow this road along the station, go straight at the big crossing. At the first lights before the Interpolistower (which you cannot miss, so it seems) go right into the Tivoli garage. In the streets around 013 parking is allowed only for those who have a permit!

About the parking:

Because 013 is right in the centre of Tilburg, you can only park in the surroundings in parking lots and garages.
The best option is the Tivoli garage, since it’s right next to 013. If there’s no place overthere, you’re also able to park along the Spoorlaan or on the NS plein (which would be right in front of the railway station, because NS is the Dutch railway company).
Cards cost € 5,00 from januari 2005 on. You’ll do only profit with such a card if you’ll park over 3 hours and 50 minutes in the Tivoli garage (don’t really get this last sentence, they say something about an ‘Uitrijkaart’, which you’d translate as exiting card, but I’ve never heard this word before… Dutch, they always come up with the stupidest of stupid words :roll: :roll: )

Opening Hours Tivoli Parking
ma, di, wo: 7.30 - 2.30
do, vr, za: 7.30 - 4.30
zo: 11.30 - 3.30

Here you go, hope you’ll find your way, this way :lol: :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
leanfang
Road Kill

Wow!

Thanks a lot Obviousman, that's great - much appreciated.

Cheers

Fraser