Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Speed Kings 2005?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Petseri
Overbomber

PostPost #1  Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Speed Kings 2005? Reply with quote Back to top

With a new guitarist (supposedly), how likely will there be a warm up gig under a different moniker, like the previous incarnations of Speed Kings and Near Meth Experience? Does anyone remember how those warm-up gigs were announced?

Martin
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #2  Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think it was very much reserved for the "inner circle" - the shaven-headed, sleeveless t-shirt brigade.
Oh, and possible a few of the bikers who "get rough with it" that Eldritch so likes.

Bitter, moi? Wink

Rumour and word of mouth, basically.
Though I guess you can check the local listings for a band whose name is a word play on amphetamines...
Planet Dave
Overbomber

PostPost #3  Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, both previous NME gigs have been 'announced' on the day on the Dominion list, so if it's going to happen, I guess we'll find out there. Unfortunately word-of-mouth is as likely. I 'found out' about the Fenton 96 gig the day after, ie. the day my ex listened to her answer-machine messages to hear a near-frantic friend telling her to ring me on the day of the gig to get my ass over to the Fenton 'as a matter of life and death'. Evil or Very Mad At the time I lived exactly 30 seconds walk from the Fenton. Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad

But yeah, theoretically they may choose to do 'something' to give Robogeezer a warm-up.
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

PostPost #4  Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Keep your eye on the Brighton gig scene. I gather Tom Baker is there, which is as good a reason as any to visit the city.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

PostPost #5  Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Chairman Bux wrote:
Keep your eye on the Brighton gig scene. I gather Tom Baker is there, which is as good a reason as any to visit the city.

Do you reckon such a gig might be anounced early enough for mainlanders to join the party?

Meanwhile: I'm still confused but on a higher level... Smile
Petseri
Overbomber

PostPost #6  Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Chairman Bux wrote:
Thanks. I figured that someone around here might offer some insight. It wasn't me...
Dan
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #7  Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So do we have to look out for a band playing in Brighton called something like "Doctor & The Jelly Babies" then?
And a Cramps cover version would definitely be interesting.
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

PostPost #8  Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Will anybody of you who's keeping an eye on the Brighton live scene be so kind as to warn the mainland if anything suspicious is coming up?

Meanwhile: I'm still confused but on a higher level... Smile
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #9  Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

look out for Nuns With Guns in the Brighton area very soon

lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

PostPost #10  Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No sign of anything yet, unless they're playing under the name of "Anal Beard" in a small grotty room above the Hobgoblin.
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #11  Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lazarus corporation wrote:
"Anal Beard"
Surprised WTF!
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

PostPost #12  Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FFS Dave wrote:
I 'found out' about the Fenton 96 gig the day after, ie. the day my ex listened to her answer-machine messages to hear a near-frantic friend telling her to ring me on the day of the gig to get my ass over to the Fenton 'as a matter of life and death'. Evil or Very Mad At the time I lived exactly 30 seconds walk from the Fenton. Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad .

...oh, hell. Sad

Chairman Bux wrote:

That's as good as verification gets in these parts...cheers, comrade.
ruffers
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #13  Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Chairman Bux wrote:

Fat lot of good that did me.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

PostPost #14  Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ruffers wrote:
Chairman Bux wrote:

Fat lot of good that did me.

I only mentioned that I spotted him doing his Christmas shopping here last December
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: