29th May: NFD (ex-Fields Of The Nephilim) + Mist Of Avalon

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Phono Paul
Grimly Sheepish

NFD + Mist Of Avalon
Sunday 1st May 2005
Bassment, Wade Lane, Leeds

NFD take the best parts of classic Goth Rock such as Fields Of The Nephilim and combine it with elements of more modern types of music creating something that has never before been seen. All the dark emotional power of bands such as the Sisters Of Mercy & The Fields Of The Nephilim brought right up to date with pounding dance beats, intense driving guitar lines & drums influenced by the best of modern metal and industrial music.

NFD features Tony Pettitt, founder-member of Fields Of The Nephilim, along with Simon Rippin from The Nefilim and Bob White, former frontman of Sensorium.

Support comes from Swedish Goth Metallers The Mist Of Avalon, who on any other night would be headliners in their own right! Check out their download page for plenty of mp3s, including the odd Sisters and Tool covers.

The will also be the usual clubnight until 2am

Doors 7pm - 2am. Late Bar. Tickets £4 - buy now!
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Have enjoyed the NFD that I've heard ... but I won't be making to Leeds for this one, sadly.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

No offence to NFD; I'm sure they're a fine bunch...

But Carl McCoy is the Nephilim and the Nephilim is Carl McCoy.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

gave out a few flyers for this at Sin on saturday and got at least 4 "definitely coming", 2 "probably"s and 2 "ooh, might do"s

see you there 8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Big Si
School Bully

If what my new workplace has told me may happen, then I maybe there as well! (and I mean "MAYBE")

:roll:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
culprit
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Love the original FOTN, is there anything out there by their descendants of merit, recorded?
...mmmmmmmmmMMMMMM!....
Thea
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:No offence to NFD; I'm sure they're a fine bunch...

That's what i thought untill I saw them. Carl may be pretty, but Peter "bob" White has a voice that punches you in the brain untill you finally admit that NFD kick ass.
Saw NFD the other week and they were absolutely s**t hot. Played a fantastic set (even if it was only a support slot for Mortiis) - even better than the ones supporting the m*****n. More about it here if anyone's interested ;D
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

d00mw0lf wrote:

That's what i thought untill I saw them. Carl may be pretty, but Peter "bob" White has a voice that punches you in the brain untill you finally admit that NFD kick ass.
Saw NFD the other week and they were absolutely s**t hot. Played a fantastic set (even if it was only a support slot for Mortiis) - even better than the ones supporting the m*****n. More about it here if anyone's interested ;D
Well OK then ;D I might be tempted.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Thea
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:
d00mw0lf wrote:

Well OK then ;D I might be tempted.
You can thank me later. 8) Seriously, they kick ass. I was geared up for dissapointment because You can't have FotN without Carl!, then descovered that not only can you have it, but that it's very very good. Better than having warm jam poured into your ears by kindly nuns.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:| I can think of many things better than having warm jam poured into your ears by kindly nuns. But fairy nuff. ;D
—Bertrand Russell
Thea
Overbomber

markfiend wrote::| I can think of many things better than having warm jam poured into your ears by kindly nuns.
You have NO IDEA what you're missing. :lol:
Nazareth
Amphetamine Filth

NFD sound pretty interesting, i still miss Carl though! New nephilim album in early 2005, yeah right! we're almost half way though the year!
deadagain
Banned

I saw NFD supporting Mortiis at the Academy on saturday and they were blinding - their own stuff is excellent, and the set was topped off by a flawless Psychonaut. Gave me shivers!

And Mortiis..... was just plain funny, although most of the crowd took it pretty seriously! good, but too much nu metal, sub-NIN & Faith No More, 'I wanna be a daemonic Marilyn Manson', etc for my taste.
Is this the place I used to know as Fatherland?
Andie
Overbomber

gotta agree with the positive nods for NFD...they were blinding in Colchester last year...prolly the best band i've seen locally EVER!!

if you live close enough to go then i suggest you do...for £4 you won't be disapointed
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
keys
Road Kill

Our tickets arrived last week :D

...a most efficient mail-order service you've got going there, Paul... :notworthy:
Phono Paul
Grimly Sheepish

we aim to please..!
mockeldritch
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Carl McCoy was the pretentious part of the Nephilim.

But you gotta love Tony's basslines.

Wish I still lived in Leeds...

:(
Very little of what you believe to be true is actually the case.

Sorry.
Phono Paul
Grimly Sheepish

Just a quick update...

Tickets are still available online, but any orders from this point on will be retained for collection on the door.

As usual there's absolutely no problem with paying on the door on the night of the gig.

...that will be all.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

f**king blinding gig! well impressed :von: :notworthy:

@ paul: how's the arm?!?!? :o :| :urff:
Debaser
Overbomber

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

NFD...It all becomes clear...Jo texted me and said it were good....but I had NO idea what she was on about :D :D :D

Dead 'with it' , me hee hee
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Debaser wrote:AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

NFD...It all becomes clear...Jo texted me and said it were good....but I had NO idea what she was on about :D :D :D

Dead 'with it' , me hee hee
:lol: ;D
Debaser
Overbomber

I'll try and keep up from now on ;)
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Thea
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:f**king blinding gig! well impressed :von: :notworthy:
Agreed! ;D