I think you will like this....

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Black Biscuit
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

There is an artist in Canada, Sid Dickens, who produces really lovely, intriguing small artworks which he calls 'memory blocks'. They are archaic-looking tiles, 6x8 inches in size, but much deeper than a normal (say, bathroom) tile: his are about 1.5 to 2 inches deep.

Dickens' website barely does justice to the beauty of his artwork, but clicking on the thumbnails shows how attractive the works are:

http://www.siddickens.com/catalogue.html

- and, no, I'm not getting paid to say this. Very nice!
.... there is no semblance of rock 'n roll around here!
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Think it's time to decorate the bathroom :notworthy:
Black Biscuit

Look, I dunno if Dickens is a Motorhead fan!

When someone commented that the music of Simple Minds was reminiscent of fjords and rolling hills, their keyboard player, Mick MacNeil, suggested that heavy metal bands were perhaps inspired by the Alps.

Anyway, how did/do you save (and attach here) the tiles? the FAQ doesn't help much.
Last edited by Black Biscuit on 16 May 2005, 15:23, edited 1 time in total.
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Black Biscuit wrote:Anyway, how did/do you save (and attach here) the tiles? the FAQ around here doesn't help much.
Right click the pic, select 'properties', copy the URL and paste it into a message between the [Img] tags.
Black Biscuit

--- thanks!
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

I wonder if he considers commissions...
Black Biscuit

Hmm... probably not. He'd refer you to your quote from AE and tell you what you need, not vice versa.