Von

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Black Biscuit
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

It's unusual, the way my home office is arranged, my laptop sits on top of my minibar fridge.

And I just pulled a can of pineapple pieces out of said fridge, hungrily saying to myself, "Hmmm, I hope these fuckers have got a Use By date on them!"

At the same time, I was thinking about a Sisters gig in early 91 in which I was fairly close to the front of the stage. Von spent large chunks of time during the gig looking down at me, quite intensely.

I remember thinking there wan't much soul in his performance. Almost like he was going through the motions. And I remember thinking that Von was probably tripping on LSD (more likely than speed) and also thinking to myself "yeah right, this guy reckons he's given up the drugs".

I still don't know why he was looking at me so much. But it was quite a thrill to see the guy in person.

And when Von ran to the back of the stage, and then off stage, right after the Vision Thing venetian blind logo thingy popped down at the end of the gig, a couple of girls near me were talking to each other about Von's butt and generally checking him out.

It was all very strange.

All of this happened for real and, no, not in a dream.
Last edited by Black Biscuit on 07 Jul 2005, 09:50, edited 1 time in total.
.... there is no semblance of rock 'n roll around here!
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Black Biscuit wrote:It's unusual, the way my home office is arranged, my laptop sits on top of my minibar fridge.

And I just pulled a can of pineapple pieces out of said fridge, hungrily saying to myself, "Hmmm, I hope these fuckers have got a Use By date on them!"

At the same time, I was thinking about a Sisters gig in early 91 in which I was fairly close to the front of the stage. Von spent large chunks of time during the gig looking down at me, quite intensely.

I remember thinking there wan't much soul in his performance. Almost like he was going through the motions. And I remember thinking that Von was probably tripping on LSD (more likely than speed) and also thinking to myself "yeah right, this guy reckons he's given up the drugs".

I still don't know what he was looking at me so much. But it was quite a thrill to see the guy in person.

And when Von ran to the back of the stage, and then off stage, right after the Vision Thing venetian blind logo thingy popped down at the end of the gig, a couple of girls near me were talking to each other about Von's butt and generally checking him out.

It was all very strange.

All of this happened for real and, no, not in a dream.
I would be looking too when an idiot stands in the front row, eating a can of pineapple pieces in the middle of my gig :wink:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Black Biscuit

With my own minibar there too, right? And my home office, as well, I guess.

BTW, I'm not an idiot. :wink:
Black Biscuit

I couldn't find a can opener, so I'm having something else...
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Black Biscuit wrote:With my own minibar there too, right? And my home office, as well, I guess.

I want pictures of THAT ;D (you with the minibar and the puter I mean, not you being an ee-djit :wink: )

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

Black Biscuit wrote:
Prove it!
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

Ed Rhombus wrote:
Black Biscuit wrote:
Prove it!
He has a bar in his house :lol:
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
Black Biscuit

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: