Tube Chaos In London

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Black Biscuit wrote:I am of the opinion that some of the things said by feminists and lesbians are indeed crap. But that doesn't make me a Falwell supporter.
and many things said by chauvinistic heterosexual men are also crap. never forget that ;)

blanket statements like that are ridiculous.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
doc P
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Johnny M wrote:It's been a a very surreal day. Physically and emotionally draining.
Stranger to stranger helping out.

I've never considered myself as a Londoner even though I spend most of my waking hours there but after today I do.
:D was good to hear that nothing happened to you :notworthy:
Es ist grausam.
Dafür hat es aufgehört zu regnen.
Black Biscuit
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

When didn't I? Or are you referring to me personally? Mine was not (intended as) a blanket statement, but whoever issues them is certainly full of crap.
.... there is no semblance of rock 'n roll around here!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Black Biscuit wrote:So, is the killing of innocent commuters, rather than high-profle politicians, 'safer' because there;s less retribution, or is it coz the pollys can't be as easily accessed?
A bit of both I reckon. Safer in that the politicians are pretty well-guarded, but I think there's also what I guess Bush would call the "shock and awe" factor. Deliberately trying to cause outrage...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

Hello all , they sent us home yesterday hence loss of transmission. Managed to get a train from London Bridge so I had a much easier time of getting home than most (poor Johnny M!) for which Im grateful. Police cordon still up next to the office and helicopters overhead. TV crews still here first thing but they seem to have left now. Very , very quiet here which makes for quite an odd feeling as its usually so busy.

Really chuffed about Heartlanders concern for us in London yesterday :notworthy: Thankyou.

BD
Hell is other people
Black Biscuit

Yeah, well, narrow-minded extremism in all its forms ought to be frowned upon, right Quiffy?

I got an e-mail from a friend in London just five minutes ago. He said he's okay, doing well, all that. He has a house in Stoke Newington and a spare room there as well, but I don't want to go back to the UK. Nothing wrong with it, but I need a reason to be going there. Anyway, I move to New York next summer and looking forward to it....
Last edited by Black Biscuit on 16 Jul 2005, 12:55, edited 1 time in total.
Shadow_Smile
Uw voeten stinken

I was shocked when I saw the news,........

it is a pretty sick thing that happend.

hope they find these loser !!!
I was quite impressed until I hit the floor,.....Isn’t that what friends are for ?
Black Biscuit

Okay so theres this guy lives in a cave and a trillion dollar hightech army cant find him
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Or doesn't want to. But that's a long story, isn't it?

I've just been thinking about one major difference between this, and, say, 9/11 and perhaps even Madrid. In those cases, unless you're a real conspiracy theorist, the attacks were SOMETHING of a surprise, at least in the details. So much so that they were initially blamed on other people (e.g. ETA). But in this case, we were highly prepared, we'd had the drills, we were supposed to be vigilant. Does that make it better or worse? I think in a way it makes it better - i.e. 'we were prepared, we had the plans in place, we weren't beaten'. But on the other hand it could be worse - we had the plans in place, we were vigilant, and STILL this happened. The plans and vigilance didn't work.

I sincerely hope that this doesn't lead to a ratcheting up of the paranoia. I THINK that British people know enough not to go around attacking people with turbans, who look 'foreign' or 'funny'. I certainly hope so, anyway.
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

I'm going to Brighton which involves going through London this evening. I phone up the relevant train people to find out if I can actually go and they tell me one thing, the web says another! Argh!
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:I'm going to Brighton which involves going through London this evening. I phone up the relevant train people to find out if I can actually go and they tell me one thing, the web says another! Argh!
the train people are probably located in bangalore though, so may not be as up-to-date as the web people... where as the web people are always wrong.

good luck! :o
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:
Brideoffrankenstein wrote:I'm going to Brighton which involves going through London this evening. I phone up the relevant train people to find out if I can actually go and they tell me one thing, the web says another! Argh!
the train people are probably located in bangalore though, so may not be as up-to-date as the web people... where as the web people are always wrong.

good luck! :o
Oh, well........thanks!
I am getting more confused by the minute! Perhaps I should stop looking now :lol:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

;D
James Blast
Banned

this was posted by a mate on another forum
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Nice one James! Too f*cking right! 8) :von:
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
ruffers
Overbomber

Nicely put
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

lazarus corporation wrote:Daily Mail - 8th July:
Make no mistake Britain will almost certainly have to sacrifice some of
our ancient legal rights if we wish to protect our citizens
Didn't take longer for those right-wing bastards to spot an opportunity to exploit, did it.
Surprises me they did wait 'til after this... Bastards indeed
ruffers wrote:A key difference is that the Spanish then changed their policy re Iraq and that ain't gonna happen here.
I am very much a pacifist and against the Irak war, but, does anyone else find terrorist attacks on your own county are the wrong reason to pull back from a war :?:
James Blast wrote:this was posted by a mate on another forum
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Very right indeed
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

James Blast wrote:this was posted by a mate on another forum
:notworthy:
You can't fix stupid.
canon docre
Overbomber

Black Biscuit wrote:I am of the opinion that some of the things said by feminists and lesbians are indeed crap.
For example?
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
James Blast
Banned

"cut their gooleys off"

ask me
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

@ruffers - I was down south during the 70's and the IRA attacks and for some reason I felt more panicked yesterday than at that time. My Dad worked in and around London then too, but I think that it was the hysteria of the women in my office that got to me and I just had to know where he was. He's a salesman and his patch has always been South London, but, as a good salesman, he is known to wander further afield in an attempt to extend his patch so we never know where he is.

I think, as well, streaming media has made it all more real and living so far away I now feel out of the loop - I can only stand and watch, I can't join in with the "f**k 'em" spirit.

@Johnny - so glad you were ok - but sorry that you had such a trek - mind you, you do seem to have a knack of making friends (on the hoof :lol: )

I have to say that I hate the idea that the right-wingers will now use this as an excuse to introduce id cards - how can these help :evil: - good quotes btw markfiend
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Quiff Boy wrote:blanket statements like that are ridiculous.
are you saying that all blanket statements like that are ridiculous?

:lol:
James Blast
Banned

Alice read The Rotters' Club, it'll give ye a real flava flave of the times
~ Peter Steele
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

James Blast wrote:Alice read The Rotters' Club, it'll give ye a real flava flave of the times
Is it likely to put the blood pressure up :?: I do tend to rant when aggravated :lol: Just thought I should ask so that I could warn Paul before I start reading it ;D
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
James Blast
Banned

nah, its a good read
but maybies for us blokes who were moving from prog to punk, like I was
still a good book
~ Peter Steele