Tube Chaos In London

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

James Blast wrote:nah, its a good read
but maybies for us blokes who were moving from prog to punk, like I was
still a good book
I'll give it a go ;D I like a good read and have a feeling that I have heard other good things about this one ...... thanks for the tip :P
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
James Blast
Banned

nae probs, I'd send ye it, but some daft bastard I ken has had it fur 3 months now!

and no, he hasn't even opened the covers!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

James Blast wrote:nae probs, I'd send ye it, but some daft bastard I ken has had it fur 3 months now!

and no, he hasn't even opened the covers!
Thanks for the thought though ;D
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
Ganith
Amphetamine Filth

Glad you people are ok. I think I have an idea of how you feel. It's a f*cking sh*t, but I'm sure we'll manage to stop it somehow.
I have to believe that we will!
Obviousman wrote:
ruffers wrote:A key difference is that the Spanish then changed their policy re Iraq and that ain't gonna happen here.
I am very much a pacifist and against the Irak war, but, does anyone else find terrorist attacks on your own county are the wrong reason to pull back from a war :?:
Erm...

Actually we didn't pull back exactly because of the terrorist attack. People voted Zapatero because of the attack, and he had promised to leave Irak way before the bombs. People were scared sh*tless. The bomb was on the 11th, and the elections on the 14th. It was the logical result of good timing on some bastard's part.

Stay well!

Ganith
Human stupidity knows no limits.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Ganith wrote:Erm...

Actually we didn't pull back exactly because of the terrorist attack. People voted Zapatero because of the attack, and he had promised to leave Irak way before the bombs. People were scared sh*tless. The bomb was on the 11th, and the elections on the 14th. It was the logical result of good timing on some bastard's part.
Thanks for freshing my mind up :wink:

But I meant it from a more general point of view too, like 'wouldn't it be wrong if...'

Well, anyway, you're lucky it turned out better than in Holland after the murder of Fortuyn, which brought disaster all over the Netherlands (politically), or not?
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Ganith
Amphetamine Filth

Sure it's not a good reason!

But there was never a good reason to go to war, so...

Who was it around here that had this great avatar with the "invasion checklist" Do u remember? That was real good!

Ganith
Human stupidity knows no limits.
Black Biscuit
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

lazarus corporation wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:blanket statements like that are ridiculous.
are you saying that all blanket statements like that are ridiculous?

:lol:

---- Correct me if I am wrong (yes, I don't mind being corrected if I am wrong) but I don't recall actually making any 'blanket statement'. Or is someone just being petty?
.... there is no semblance of rock 'n roll around here!
Black Biscuit

canon docre wrote:
Black Biscuit wrote:I am of the opinion that some of the things said by feminists and lesbians are indeed crap.
For example?

Here's a classic case of sour grapes. A middle-aged women I once knew became a dyke following her divorce and became a firm believer in some sort of self-styled 'sexual apartheid' in which men and women should be segregated and not allowed to mingle/cohabitate, etc. Pure crap and a fine example of someone putting their own 'stuff' on others.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Black Biscuit wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:blanket statements like that are ridiculous.
are you saying that all blanket statements like that are ridiculous?

---- Correct me if I am wrong (yes, I don't mind being corrected if I am wrong) but I don't recall actually making any 'blanket statement'. Or is someone just being petty?
i think you'll find that Lazcorp was taking the p*ss out of the Quiffmeister for his blanket statement about blanket statements.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Ganith wrote:Sure it's not a good reason!

But there was never a good reason to go to war, so...
Yea, indeed there was no good reason to go to war in the first place, I completely agree...
But when you do something - even if it's the wrong thing to do - you should never do a half job, because otherwise you'll most definately will loose yor credibility to the world or the other country, which can't be good... And since Zapatero announced his plans before the attack on Madrid, I think that does not go for him (the losing of credibility, I mean)...
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Black Biscuit wrote:
lazarus corporation wrote: are you saying that all blanket statements like that are ridiculous?

i think you'll find that Lazcorp was taking the p*ss out of the Quiffmeister for his blanket statement about blanket statements.
a gold star for the Rutlandman.
canon docre
Overbomber

Black Biscuit wrote:
canon docre wrote:
Black Biscuit wrote:I am of the opinion that some of the things said by feminists and lesbians are indeed crap.
For example?

Here's a classic case of sour grapes. A middle-aged women I once knew became a dyke following her divorce and became a firm believer in some sort of self-styled 'sexual apartheid' in which men and women should be segregated and not allowed to mingle/cohabitate, etc. Pure crap and a fine example of someone putting their own 'stuff' on others.

Isnt't this story from your personal background another "fine example of someone putting their own 'stuff' on others"?

:wink:
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
pikkrong
Overbomber

Are you all OK? :?
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

canon docre wrote:
Black Biscuit wrote:
canon docre wrote: For example?

Isnt't this story from your personal background another "fine example of someone putting their own 'stuff' on others"?

Actually - I think its one of the story lines from Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin :lol: :lol: :lol:
James Blast
Banned

Armistead Maupin 'is a man I dreamt up'

think about it
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

James Blast wrote:Armistead Maupin 'is a man I dreamt up'

think about it

:lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy:
James Blast
Banned

Alert in Birmingham now... :(

where will it end,
where will it end?
~ Peter Steele
Black Biscuit

canon docre wrote:
Black Biscuit wrote:
canon docre wrote: For example?

Ha ha ha. Yeah, right :wink: - that's quite an interpretation of the events!
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

For anyone who cares I ended up getting through London alright! :lol:
Cimmerian
Road Kill

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Black Biscuit wrote:
a gold star for the Rutlandman.
Jesus Christ, I knew you lot could be a bunch of pedantic bastards but come on, even I knew what QB meant and I only lurk here!

Note his usage of the phrase "like that", proving that no he was not actually making a blanket statement at all. Far from it, he was making a very specific point, and one I'd agree with, that Mr Biscuits comment was crass, vulgar and bordering on the offensive. And in my opinion LazCorp’s attempt at wit merely detracted from the point QB was trying to make.

@ Mr Biscuit: are you really as much of an obnoxious wanker was your recent posts make you out to be? Or are you just going through a hard time in your personal life? I've not really enjoyed reading your posts in the last couple of weeks. Are you sure you aren't one of the resident trolls returned with an older ID?

I don't think "petty" enters into it. A comment like that would get you banned from some forums. Grow up. :roll:
Wait and see
Don't expect too much from me
You're touching on nothing
Touching nothing that is sacred to me
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Cimmerian wrote:...he was making a very specific point, and one I'd agree with, that Mr Biscuits comment was crass, vulgar and bordering on the offensive. And in my opinion LazCorp’s attempt at wit merely detracted from the point QB was trying to make.
in all fairness Qb's (valid) opinion was one that 99.9% of HLers would already have held.
people who dont already hold that opinion (even though they may think they do -you know who you are) are not going to change it;or even think it applies to them...

LazCorp's comment was so far down the page fromquiffy's post as to be just what it was.A typically heartland type p1ss-take.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Francis
Overbomber

Cimmerian wrote:A comment like that would get you banned from some forums.
I'm sure he's been thrown out of worse places. I know I have. :wink:
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
dead stars
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Ganith wrote:Glad you people are ok. I think I have an idea of how you feel. It's a f*cking sh*t, but I'm sure we'll manage to stop it somehow.
I have to believe that we will!
Obviousman wrote:
ruffers wrote:A key difference is that the Spanish then changed their policy re Iraq and that ain't gonna happen here.
I am very much a pacifist and against the Irak war, but, does anyone else find terrorist attacks on your own county are the wrong reason to pull back from a war :?:
Erm...

Stay well!
I second Ganith in everything.
Hope everybody is ok. Can we safely assume all Heartlanders are ok and suffered no personal losses?

For the record, we are afraid too. Nothing guarantees something like this will not happen in a small country like Portugal, especially because security is less prepared to deal with it. And since the purpose of the terrorists is to cause horror, why not?... We're as good victims as any.
Been following the situation closely.
~dead stars still burn~
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Black Biscuit wrote:
canon docre wrote:
Black Biscuit wrote:

Ha ha ha. Yeah, right :wink: - that's quite an interpretation of the events!
Maybe she's not far wrong. Let's face it, men 1) are genetically inferior to women (in the sense that they possess a smaller set of chromosones, and in the sense that men's genes are more likely to degrade over time) :| ; 2) are not likely to be technically NECESSARY for reproduction for much longer (i.e. female-female reproduction will soon be possible, and the NEED for male insemination will disappear entirely) :D ; and 3) cause a lot of problems, including over 90% of violent crime :evil: . Given all that, I think men need to do more to justify their existence than pointing to the amazing things they can do with their peckers :innocent: .

I say this partly provocatively, of course, but also as someone who has taught feminist theory for a number of years. It's easy to write off radical feminism, but a lot of it is damned good, and looks a lot less like sci-fi than it did in the early 1970s :eek: .
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Cimmerian wrote:Jesus Christ, I knew you lot could be a bunch of pedantic bastards but come on, even I knew what QB meant and I only lurk here!

Note his usage of the phrase "like that", proving that no he was not actually making a blanket statement at all. Far from it, he was making a very specific point, and one I'd agree with, that Mr Biscuits comment was crass, vulgar and bordering on the offensive. And in my opinion LazCorp’s attempt at wit merely detracted from the point QB was trying to make.

@ Mr Biscuit: are you really as much of an obnoxious wanker was your recent posts make you out to be? Or are you just going through a hard time in your personal life? I've not really enjoyed reading your posts in the last couple of weeks. Are you sure you aren't one of the resident trolls returned with an older ID?

I don't think "petty" enters into it. A comment like that would get you banned from some forums. Grow up. :roll:
You mean that you take offense at THIS:
Black Biscuit wrote: Correct me if I am wrong (yes, I don't mind being corrected if I am wrong) but I don't recall actually making any 'blanket statement'. Or is someone just being petty?
:eek: :eek: :eek:

THAT comment makes you use the words "pedantic bastards", "crass", "vulgar", "offensive" and "obnoxious wanker"???

Either you are very easily offended, or you only frequent forums for little kids and pregnant women...

I made a lot of bad comments (and not only me), but YOUR comment on Black Biscuit's is the most offensive I've seen here in a year... :urff:

Tolerance is a virtue... sometimes.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...