Secret Sisters gig in leeds, this Tuesday

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

I shan't be able to make this one, I'm afraid, as I too have a "night off" and I certainly don't intend spending it sitting in a grotty little hole at the wrong end of Leeds, watching a tenth rate covers band.

Not again.

I can sense your collective disappointment from here. ;)
Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Chairman Bux wrote:the wrong end of Leeds
What, Bradford?
DoKtor Spiggy
Road Kill

Can't make it either.............going to see Menace Inexpert Here instead............
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Could ANYBODY of those who're around there in the afternoon get me a tiicket? II've only seen this thread today and I'm doing everything to get a flight annd train ticket, but I can't make it for the afternoon, might be there at around 7 pm.

PLEASE!!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
You can't fix stupid.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

No tickets I'm afraid. You might still get in turning up at 7.

You've probably left by now anyway haven't you?

General info for Joseph's Well:
  • Opening time is midday, so expect dribs and drabs of folk to be turning up all afternoon I'd imagine.
  • There tend to be business folk in there lunchtimes and early evenings. (Including one bloke who does an uncanny impersonation of Finchy from The Office IIRC... or is that how he really is?)
  • The Well is also the closest pub to Park Lane (sixth form) College, and tends to draw a substantial part of its later evening clientèle from the "clown pants and key chains" brigade.
  • I'm on friendly terms with several of the bar staff, in case it's them handing out the tickets :innocent: (Assuming there hasn't been too much turn-over of staff since I last went.)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Debaser
Overbomber

Chairman Bux wrote:I shan't be able to make this one, I'm afraid, as I too have a "night off" and I certainly don't intend spending it sitting in a grotty little hole at the wrong end of Leeds, watching a tenth rate covers band.

Not again.

I can sense your collective disappointment from here. ;)
Quiff Boy wrote: from what comments i remember in various interviews, mr marx/pearson has attended one or two gigs since his departure, and even in the fairly recent in the past (in sisters terms ) but is unable to go this time. i emailed him but by all accounts he's not actually around tomorrow evening.
Together perhaps? ...
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
aims
Overbomber

Hooray for your conspiracy.

But I have a better one :innocent:
Eva

markfiend wrote:No tickets I'm afraid. You might still get in turning up at 7.

You've probably left by now anyway haven't you?

General info for Joseph's Well:
  • Opening time is midday, so expect dribs and drabs of folk to be turning up all afternoon I'd imagine.
  • There tend to be business folk in there lunchtimes and early evenings. (Including one bloke who does an uncanny impersonation of Finchy from The Office IIRC... or is that how he really is?)
  • The Well is also the closest pub to Park Lane (sixth form) College, and tends to draw a substantial part of its later evening clientèle from the "clown pants and key chains" brigade.
  • I'm on friendly terms with several of the bar staff, in case it's them handing out the tickets :innocent: (Assuming there hasn't been too much turn-over of staff since I last went.)
I haven't left yet, but I'll only be in Leeds at 8 pm. And I desperately need to make sure (somebody to make sure for me) that I'll get in. I'm travelling from Switzerland ffs and I don't want to travel in vain.

PLEASE HELP ME! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
You can't fix stupid.
Carrie
Amphetamine Filth

Email the venue & grovel?!

We can't be there much before 7 either (can't drop Ned at sitter before 6) so dunno if we'll get in either - but at least we're only coming from Huddersfield!
Queen of the mean!
Eva

Well I'll have to trust all you nice people to make sure I can get in... I'm booking my flight now.
You can't fix stupid.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Eva wrote:Well I'll have to trust all you nice people to make sure I can get in... I'm booking my flight now.
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

we'll see what we can do. between us we must be able to blag at least 1 ticket for you :D

HURRY UP!!!!

:lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Norman Hunter wrote:
Chairman Bux wrote:the wrong end of Leeds
What, Bradford?
:lol: :notworthy:
Drenchrom
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Curse it! Wrong side of the M25.
Plus two days on my own at my shop has sealed my fate!
Can't make it till well late, so can't be bothered to drive all that way, especially after sitting in traffic for 6 hours yesterday.
Wished i'd checked Heartland on Sunday! Then i wouldn't be in this situation.
Made a note in my diary, Bugger!

Matt..

have fun
aims
Overbomber

Don't worry, there's always the UK dates in September.

Right? :innocent:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Oooh I'm all giddy and excited now. I'm getting out of work in about an hour and a half...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
aims
Overbomber

Bastard :lol:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i'm as giddy as a flea too :D :lol: :oops:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

It's a pity mrs fiend can't make it. She's in Liverpool looking after her mum's house while her mum's away on hollibobs.
—Bertrand Russell
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

markfiend wrote:It's a pity mrs fiend can't make it. She's in Liverpool looking after her mum's house while her mum's away on hollibobs.
We'll toast her absence with vodka 8) :innocent: Everybody wins (but mainly us).

See you all around 2.30.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:lol: Indeed. :von:
—Bertrand Russell
pikkrong
Overbomber

Although I'm bloody jealous I wish top night for all of you! :von:
(Really, from my heart.)
aims
Overbomber

pikkrong wrote:Although I'm bloody jealous I wish top night for all of you! :von:
(Really, from my heart.)
Surely that's a "Top Nite Out"? :P
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I'm starting to think a curry last night was a mistake, especially given the nature of Joseph's Well's toilets.

:urff:
—Bertrand Russell
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

markfiend wrote:I'm starting to think a curry last night was a mistake, especially given the nature of Joseph's Well's toilets.

:urff:
Whereas a curry tonight... 8)
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Panic ye not.

I have it from a reasonably good authority (i.e. the bloke looking after bookings at JW) that "the first 350 get in, then it's closed doors".

350???

See you all at 6!