2005/08/02, Leeds, UK - as Near Meth Experience

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the August 2005 European tour.
Delilah
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

culprit wrote:What a KISS! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

:lol:
you mean this one?
I love that pic! And the boys on it! :wink:
Delilah

Quiff Boy wrote:
Delilah wrote:gig photos + people:

http://usera.imagecave.com/eurogirls/sisters020805/

Enjoy
:wink:
the chap with the pink shirt and record bag, stood at the bar in von.JPG is heartland member RobF ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: Johnny will explain :wink:
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Thanks for sharing the pics, Ania! In fact, thanks to everybody who's taken pictures and posted the links here or elsewhere! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

And, just because I can't help it: You're wonderful, amazing people, those I've met and those I haven't met yet! :notworthy: :kiss:

I'll wear my silly grin until this tour is over and then I'll fall into a deep depression as usual... :roll: :lol:
You can't fix stupid.
Delilah

markfiend wrote:Gothic beauty?

Awww shucks!

:kiss:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: yes, that looks very g**h Mark! That's a compliment BTW :wink: :kiss:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

after looking at delilah's pics -nice photies ania!- i'm even more convinced that you all look familiar!! :eek: :? :lol:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Delilah wrote:
markfiend wrote:Gothic beauty?

Awww shucks!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: yes, that looks very g**h Mark! That's a compliment BTW :wink: :kiss:
I was thinking more of the "beauty" bit ;) :kiss:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
RobF

Delilah wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:
Delilah wrote:gig photos + people:

http://usera.imagecave.com/eurogirls/sisters020805/

Enjoy
:wink:
the chap with the pink shirt and record bag, stood at the bar in von.JPG is heartland member RobF ;)
I did wonder about that me'self :wink:
I don't remember making quite so elaborate a claim at any point during the evening :eek:
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
Delilah

RobF wrote:
Delilah wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote: the chap with the pink shirt and record bag, stood at the bar in von.JPG is heartland member RobF ;)
I did wonder about that me'self :wink:
I don't remember making quite so elaborate a claim at any point during the evening :eek:
Johnny M! Where are you??? Please explain! :twisted: And about DoktorSpiggy too! :wink:
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

@ Rob F - It was just a bit of fun. We'd only been in the JW about 10mins and Ania said something along the lines of "do you think the band will show ..?" In you walked so I said "There's Von ...". Shortly afterwards DoktorSpiggy walked in "There's Chris ..." :lol:

Two pints later as Ania started to slowly lose her grip on reality she thought she'd take a pic. Just in case. :wink: :von:
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
nigel d
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

i may have posted this elsewhere.....
did anyone else see the amusing "von sucks" scrolling across the rackmount behind adam?
i am more likely to release an album before the sisters
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

nigel d wrote:i may have posted this elsewhere.....
did anyone else see the amusing "von sucks" scrolling across the rackmount behind adam?
Yes I did, but didn't twig who sucks until now - I read VDN... :oops:
You can't fix stupid.
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Yeah I saw The Von Sucks thing. I think Quiff pointed it out to me, but it might have been Dave or his friend Frank Lampard (damn nasty cut). I'd had a few & was in the middle of being blown away!!!

Cracking gig. :notworthy: @ Dave for letting me go to the very front & stand where he was. Your a legend!!! I've got some superb pictures thanks to you. (technologically braindead so no idea how to get them on here yet...)

Great to meet new H/landers & great to see others again.

Spoke to Adam & Chris afterwards & they are both really nice guys. Adam even gave me his permission to cover Crash & Burn in my new band!

Quite literally, Top Nite Out. (I'm still on a high)
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Whoops
Facing the wrong way. Part of my cunning 'I work here' disguise.
That's a damn good album, A. But does no-one have any good pictures of the Chilling Crew on the Hill? :wink:
jherek
Road Kill

found out about the secret gig late tuesday morning, we left work at 1pm - dashed home & fed the cat, then to kings cross for 3pm train.
checked into 'the queens' at 6pm, taxi pulled outside joseph's well 15 minutes later. i think we were about number 50 in the queue, i had panicked visions the whole way up of a queue stretching around the block!

what an amazing gig
:notworthy:

this was gig number 17 for us, and i have to put it in the top 3.

even the train at 5.05am the next morning to take us back to london and work didn't dampen the spirits.

cost of two train tickets from london to leeds: £294 (i kid you not, the thieving bastards)
4 hours sleep at the queens: £69
free sisters gig: priceless :D

zurich here we come :D :D :D
Delilah

jherek wrote:found out about the secret gig late tuesday morning, we left work at 1pm - dashed home & fed the cat, then to kings cross for 3pm train.
checked into 'the queens' at 6pm, taxi pulled outside joseph's well 15 minutes later. i think we were about number 50 in the queue, i had panicked visions the whole way up of a queue stretching around the block!

what an amazing gig
:notworthy:

this was gig number 17 for us, and i have to put it in the top 3.

even the train at 5.05am the next morning to take us back to london and work didn't dampen the spirits.

cost of two train tickets from london to leeds: £294 (i kid you not, the thieving bastards)
4 hours sleep at the queens: £69
free sisters gig: priceless :D

zurich here we come :D :D :D
The Queens? We were staying there too, and also managed to get about 2 hours sleep... Didnt even use free breakfast! took the 5.30 train back to Devon (via London) and had to go to work the next day. Our stories are similar! BUT IT WAS WORTH IT!!!!!
James Blast
Banned

a breakfast in bed at the Leeds Queens is a thing of greatness, trust me
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Delilah wrote:The Queens? We were staying there too, and also managed to get about 2 hours sleep... Didnt even use free breakfast! took the 5.30 train back to Devon (via London) and had to go to work the next day. Our stories are similar! BUT IT WAS WORTH IT!!!!!
Ahem, four hours sleep unless you spent so long in the bathroom taking off your goth mask I was then asleep and at your mercy. :eek:

I did check for puncture wounds on my neck in the morning. :lol:

So, once again, can say it wasn't fab that I had to get up to answer YOUR 5am call due to 'girl in a coma'. Double grrrrrrrrrrrrr ... :wink:

After you left, I leisurely got up, showered and shaved and had a wonderful PRWY cooked breakfast and then sauntered down to the train station for the 10.05 to London. With half an hour to spare. Lovely. :wink:

[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
Debaser
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:
Debaser wrote:You get a bag made out of nice soft 'rubby' material free with every diagnosis ;)
would it be orange perchance?

*sigh* :notworthy:
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
biggy

Who was the annoying hairdresser at the front who didn't put his f**king arms down the whole gig. In fact he had them in the air all night, nearly poked me in the eye with his/her cig in the queue outside. Should have chopped the fuckers off.
Looked like he had a cockatoo ................ on his head.
Debaser
Overbomber

biggy wrote:Who was the annoying hairdresser at the front who didn't put his f**king arms down the whole gig. In fact he had them in the air all night, nearly poked me in the eye with his/her cig in the queue outside. Should have chopped the fuckers off.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Mr Tolerance himself ;)
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Debaser wrote:
biggy wrote:Who was the annoying hairdresser at the front who didn't put his f**king arms down the whole gig. In fact he had them in the air all night, nearly poked me in the eye with his/her cig in the queue outside. Should have chopped the fuckers off.
this chap?

clicky
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
biggy

Debaser wrote:

f**k off blondie :kiss: you know you love me.
Debaser
Overbomber

But I thought 'present company excepted' was the order of the day ;)
Delilah

Quiff Boy wrote:
this chap?

clicky
I half-remember meeting him at 5 am at the Station and having a short conversation, but I have no idea what about! :oops: :wink:
biggy

Delilah wrote:
I half-remember meeting him at 5 am at the Station and having a short conversation, but I have no idea what about! :oops: :wink:
Hair and how to hold your arms in the air for six hours.