2005/08/12, Tábor, Czech Republic

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the August 2005 European tour.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Post your thoughts, reviews, etc on this gig here.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Mr Artfuck posted the setlist to the PD-Forum:
01 ) Ribbons
02 ) Crash And Burn
03 ) Alice
04 ) Flood I
05 ) Giving Ground
06 ) Dominion / Mother Russia
07 ) Summer
08 ) First & Last & Always
09 ) Will I Dream
10 ) Slept
11 ) Anaconda
12 ) Temple Of Love
13 ) On The Wire / Teachers / On The Wire
14 ) We Are The Same, Susanne
15 ) Romeo Down
16 ) Flood II
------------------------------------
17 ) Neverland
18 ) Lucretia
------------------------------------
19) Top Nite Out
20) Vision Thing
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

some great photos at http://www.sisters-pics.de/
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

vicus wrote:some great photos at http://www.sisters-pics.de/

Stonking!

I'm increasingly sorry I've not managed to catch the shows. :(

Sounds like the band has really re-invented itself.
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Corking pics. :notworthy: :notworthy: :von:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

tabor night out:
again a very good and powerful gig. from where i stood the sound was really good (2nd row behind some well known travellers, in front of chris). during most of the gig the bass was clear. adams guitar could have been a little more prominent in mix but you could hear everything both guitras were doing. andrews voice was clear and could be heard almost during the whole gig. i found myself dancig during the whole gig (which is not usual for me...).

chris is really an improovement. it's so good to see the guys moving around and enjoying it, even adam was in good mood and smiling (- i had a little conversation with adam about that after the vienna gig......). i guess it was great to see them the night before in a small and packed venue. starring a the stage is diffrent than looking from stage. as the area was really big the view from stage must have been different - the crowd (my estimation would be about 4000-6000 people watching the siters) must have been only a small dot compared to what the band was looking at. a festival is fetival.

the stage didn't have the sides covered - so the wind was blowing the smoke away all time and the smoke machins had to work really hard. there was hardly any smoke staying at where chris stood - was nice to watch him.

in fact i can't say much about the songs. everything went down well without surprises - played very tough with a quite good mix. i really like what chris i doing during rome down - much better than previous versions...
andrew stopped singing during neverland - and looked quite upset until he started again. lucretia was excellent. this time andrew performed an extended one-man show on this war is wrong which was really cool. all in all the show was real good. thats the point.

after both shows i saw i really was satisfied and happy as i haven't been for some years. not the best recordig of such gig brings back what happens when you are there and watching these guys doing their stage-thing. thats why many of you are travelling from one gig to the next.

it also was very nice to be on the sisters-guest list in tabor. thx a lot to a young memeber in the band!

hope it will go on. i do watch many gigs. some great, some not. a sisters gig is something different, someting special. thats all about it. enjoy or not. j.
love is just a shot away
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Erudite wrote:

Stonking!

I'm increasingly sorry I've not managed to catch the shows. :(

Sounds like the band has really re-invented itself.
The Mera Luna pictures are really excellent, thank you. Von looks more and more like Michael Stipe in one or two of them :urff:
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
AndreMcCabe
Road Kill

is it right that I was wrong was missing in Tabor!?
...meanwhile back in space
_emma_
Overbomber

AndreMcCabe wrote:is it right that I was wrong was missing in Tabor!?
Yes. :(
jost 7 wrote:andrew stopped singing during neverland - and looked quite upset until he started again.
That's because he started as: I had a hand on the mirror...
:lol:
Besides, it was a great gig. I'm very glad I was there.
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

i thought he sang "hand on the mirror / face in the gun" on purpose, like in Tilburg. Doesn't seem far-fetched to me that it was intentional, anyway.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
_emma_
Overbomber

itnAklipse wrote:i thought he sang "hand on the mirror / face in the gun" on purpose, like in Tilburg. Doesn't seem far-fetched to me that it was intentional, anyway.
I'm pretty sure in Tabor it was hand on the mirror/hand on the gun. But I could be wrong as I was shaking with emotion throughout the gig. :lol:
paul
Overbomber

New pics online (Zurich, Vienna end Tabor):
http://home.wanadoo.nl/thesistersofmercy/

cheers,
Paul & Donna
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

My least fav gig. Don't know wether it was my own exhaustion, or the sound, which wasn't as clear and powerful as in previous shows. Good and solid show by The Sisters though, but nothing special.
You can't fix stupid.
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Eva wrote:My least fav gig. Don't know wether it was my own exhaustion, or the sound, which wasn't as clear and powerful as in previous shows. Good and solid show by The Sisters though, but nothing special.
I agree. Although I couldn't fault the band's performance, it lacked the buzz and interaction between band and crowd that I'm used to getting at the front row. The sound was quite harsh, particularly earlier on in the day when we were standing in front of the bass speakers. It's the first time I've ever felt my lungs reverberating and it wasn't nice. I was expecting my nose to start bleeding any minute. I suppose the high point for me was leaping over the extremely unsafe barrier to get the setlist. All in al the gig was reliable but nothing spectacular: The other shows however, are another matter altogether :D :notworthy:

THE LOVE PLANET
============
Ribbons
Crash & Burn
Alice
Flood 1
Giving Ground
Dominion
Summer
First & Last & Always
Will I Dream
Slept
Anaconda
Temple
On the Wire
Susanne
Romeo Down
Flood 2
============
Never Land
Lucretia
============
Top Nite Out
Vision Thing
_emma_
Overbomber

Well, you two above :D surely have much more comparison than me, but I'm really surprised that you seem to have liked M'Era Luna more than Love Planet. For me, ML was great of course as Sisters gigs always are, but LP was definitely much, much better. And it's not about the length, lack of evening darkness at the begining, or rain - ML just lacked something in my eyes, I don't know what it was but there was something missing, and this something definitely wasn't missing at LP.
If you know what I mean. :? :lol:
Eva

I think I know what you mean, Emma. And I think preferences of certain gigs are a highly personal (what's the proper english word for "subjektiv" as opposed to "objektiv"?) choice/experience. I can only say: for me the Tabor gig lacked the ignition between me and the show, and I can't blame the band, because they did an excellent show as usual. Probably my exhaustion, maybe the fact that we had arrived late and had to fight hard for decent positions, whatever. :roll: Never mind. :D
You can't fix stupid.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Eva wrote:(what's the proper english word for "subjektiv" as opposed to "objektiv"?)
"Subjective" as opposed to "objective" ;)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

_emma_ wrote:For me, ML was great of course as Sisters gigs always are, but LP was definitely much, much better. And it's not about the length, lack of evening darkness at the begining, or rain - ML just lacked something in my eyes, I don't know what it was but there was something missing, and this something definitely wasn't missing at LP.
Interestingly, we spoke to a couple of friends straight after the Tabor gig and the first thing they said was that it was a lot better than the Vienna gig. I felt very differently but I suppose there' s no wrong or right - just a matter of personal experience and preference.
pikkrong
Overbomber

Andrew S wrote:
_emma_ wrote:For me, ML was great of course as Sisters gigs always are, but LP was definitely much, much better. And it's not about the length, lack of evening darkness at the begining, or rain - ML just lacked something in my eyes, I don't know what it was but there was something missing, and this something definitely wasn't missing at LP.
Interestingly, we spoke to a couple of friends straight after the Tabor gig and the first thing they said was that it was a lot better than the Vienna gig. I felt very differently but I suppose there' s no wrong or right - just a matter of personal experience and preference.
Andrew, if you mean me among those who said it, I have to correct - Vienna seemed to be more powerful show but it was far better to enjoy Sisters in Tabor - without such kind of neighbours as in Vienna.
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

pikkrong wrote:
Andrew S wrote: Interestingly, we spoke to a couple of friends straight after the Tabor gig and the first thing they said was that it was a lot better than the Vienna gig.
Andrew, if you mean me among those who said it, I have to correct - Vienna seemed to be more powerful show but it was far better to enjoy Sisters in Tabor - without such kind of neighbours as in Vienna.
No it was somebody else Indrek, but who also had A LOT of trouble with some of the less than polite Vienna audience members.
pikkrong
Overbomber

Did anyone buy the festival tee? ;D ;D ;D
Eva

pikkrong wrote:Did anyone buy the festival tee? ;D ;D ;D
...Er - no! :lol:
You can't fix stupid.
pikkrong
Overbomber

Eva wrote:
pikkrong wrote:Did anyone buy the festival tee? ;D ;D ;D
...Er - no! :lol:
Maybe someone else? :wink:
AndreMcCabe
Road Kill

I´m not quite sure...and even can´t be...but I guess no...
...meanwhile back in space