Bands you've seen but wish you hadn't

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
mik
Chameleons Guru

Cliff Richard (Leeds Town Hall circa 1976 doing religious stuff. Hymns and that.) Wretched. Went to sleep.
Wet Wet Wet "Wishing I was elsewhere". How I went out with a girl that liked them troubles me to this day. I expect there was a 'good' reason, but ultimately swallowing alone is not good enough.
Shriekback Good god it was awful. And on a Friday night as well...
Front 242 Should have stuck at being a studio band if you ask me.
Whitesnake Truly dreadful. Even worse than Def Leppard and that's saying something.
Danielle Dax Decent for 15 seconds in "company of wolves" when she was all nekkid and stuff and "Cat house" was ok but live? Not again in this lifetime...
EMF May as well have played 'Unbelievable' 10 times and then f**ked off. Oh.. They did.

I think I've blotted most of the truly horrendous gigs from my mind, or had the good sense to at least spend the duration at the bar but who else has had the "I've paid for this; I want my moneys worth" vs "I'll never get this time again and life is too damn short to listen to this vileness" dilemma?
Something pithy.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

robert calver in.. 1986? ish. i couldn't leave, i was working.

there were so many bad ones..we just got tree'd and waited till it was all over
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Age of Chance - sometime in the 80s.

Bunch of wanks.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

they are, however, partly responsible for mine and mr s's first kiss.

that and the pernod and black for 35p
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Dawn After Dark - circa 1989, Birmingham - a case of "We hope you like our new thrash metal direction". I walked out about 3 songs into the gig, as did half the audience.
scotty
Overbomber

mik wrote: but ultimately swallowing alone is not good enough.
:eek: :lol: Think yourself lucky you got that far,I took a girl to see another s**t 80s Scottish pop band and never even got a sniff :roll: :evil: .
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
James Blast
Banned

The Proclaimers*, a wet Thursday up Nightmoves supporting 20 Flight Rockers

*they do not merit boldificationarizing
I did throw an empty can of Schlitz at them, does that redeem me?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Hmmm...

Moby at Werchter once, everyone was jumping about, but I couldn't help noticing he just pressed the play button of his synth and stood on top of it waving :roll:
so I stood there with my arms crossed yawning
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
christophe
Overbomber

mik wrote:Front 242 Should have stuck at being a studio band if you ask me.
studioband? :?
I would have to give you a kick just for that...

the worst gig I have seen...Deftones.
luckaly I went to see them becaus they toured together with a Perfect circle
christophe
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:Moby at Werchter once
:eek:
I have to stop reading this Topic before I have to kick every member...

:wink:
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

James Blast wrote:The Proclaimers*, a wet Thursday up Nightmoves supporting 20 Flight Rockers

I did throw an empty can of Schlitz at them, does that redeem me?

aaagh. twice. and who was on the guest list? mr echo, that's who.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Love Like Blood somewhere 94'ish... total crap!

Metallica in 97... just a couple of wankers trying to be 'mean' :evil: Next!
in dub we trust
boudicca
Sister Midnight

James Blast wrote:The Proclaimers*
Yeah they do!! ;D

I've been to more s**t gigs by bands I didn't like than good ones in my time, I'm afraid :( . Due to having known very few individuals with decent taste in music.

The one which springs to mind was Machine Head, when I was 15, at the Barrowlands :oops: . My friend really liked them and spent weeks begging me to go with her... as it was her birthday I eventually caved in (even though she didn't come with me to see The Creatures...). I heard them for the first time in the car on the way there, and was not impressed.
Still, I thought it would be churlish not to indulge in a bit of headbanging while I could, which left me sitting in the classroom the next day with my school scarf wrapped tightly round my throat as a makeshift neck-brace. :lol:

The "singer" (I use the term in it's loosest possible sense) kept yelling "Hey, Glasgow, are you having a f**king good time!?!?", to which I took great delight in yelling "Nooooooo!" :twisted:

Got some warm beer thrown over us... at least we hoped that's what it was :eek: ... did go home and wash like I'd never washed before, just to be on the safe side...
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

James at the Reading Festival 1991 :urff:

Well - to be honest I refused to see them so we stayed outside and got pissed - unfortunately we could still hear them so we obviously weren't far enough away :evil:

EMF at the Riverside - have to agree with you mik :urff: I was only there cos I was working there and they wouldn't have paid me if I'd walked out :lol:
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
scotty
Overbomber

The Fall the last time we saw them in Embra'
The Sisters 93 at the Barras{sorry}
Swervedriver
Mercury Rev{we went to see the creaming jesus who were support}
Last edited by scotty on 08 Sep 2005, 20:32, edited 1 time in total.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Pat
Slight Overbomber

Manowar ouch.
my last gig at the Glasgow Apollo,although that's no excuse.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:Machine Head
Machine Head was one of my favourite gigs! :lol:

As for my band - Alabama 3, Foo Fighters (and a whole assortment of other Ozzfest bands), and Ozric Tentacles *falls asleep* but at least Hawkwind with Arthur Brown woke me up! 8)
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

I love Hawkwind - but have never seen them with Arthur Brown :eek:

Saw them at the Mayfair - lots of fire-breathing and topless dancers :eek: - I'm sure none of them were Arthur :lol: :lol:

(Sorry - thats definitely off-topic - please ignore me ;D )
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Black Alice wrote:I love Hawkwind - but have never seen them with Arthur Brown :eek:
He was superb! He wore all sorts of far out costumes made out of foil whilst wearing a sun mask with flashing lights on 8) He really did do a very good job :notworthy:
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:
Black Alice wrote:I love Hawkwind - but have never seen them with Arthur Brown :eek:
He was superb! He wore all sorts of far out costumes made out of foil whilst wearing a sun mask with flashing lights on 8) He really did do a very good job :notworthy:
Ahhhhh - bless him :P what a little star - wish I'd seen that, it sounds great ;D (I really didn't need to see the topless dancers :urff: :lol: )
rian
Slight Overbomber

Motörhead, 2005

To play loudest in the world, doesn't mean you're good. Does it?

My ears still hurts.....
I think someone set my soul alight
Andie
Overbomber

worst band ever were the happy mondays

also rans were...

Culture Club (do you really want to hurt me?)...oh yes!
Zodiac Mindwarp (Hoodlum Thunder tour...whenever)
New Order (altho this could be due to excessive alcohol intake)
Enuf'znuf (sp?) @ the Barra's with about 100 other folk looking equally as lost in a venue with a 3000 standing capacity
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
Big Si
School Bully

Burn wrote:worst band ever were the happy mondays
They were bloody amazing a few weeks ago at Braehead arena :D

I'll go for The m*****n - Newcastle City Hall, March 1990 :urff:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Brideoffrankenstein wrote: and Ozric Tentacles *falls asleep*
strangely enough one of the first bands i thought of when i saw this thread was Ozric Tentacles.saw them at leics uni 'cause we were on the (uni's)guest-list and there was fuck all else to do.
made the evening vaguely bearable by heckling and shouting for the "byker grove" theme tune (the highlight of their career IMO) all night.
oh,and buying cheap fried chcken from the union cafe so we could throw the bones at them...bloody hippy wankers.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: made the evening vaguely bearable by heckling and shouting for the "byker grove" theme tune (the highlight of their career IMO)
The friends I was there with refused to believe me when I said that The Ozrics had done it :( I remember seeing it in the credits :oops: