*Resurrecting* Glasgow Griffin pre Editors

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

next Saturday, 1 October
scotty, Blast, AS, Pat and maybe Mish and BigSie will be meeting in the main bar of The Griffin for a 'couple of the cups that cheer', pre Editors' gig.
All are welcome as usual. :|

James
Last edited by James Blast on 29 Sep 2005, 20:34, edited 1 time in total.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
scotty
Overbomber

Can't wait :D ,Editors are now sold out,is it just me & Mrs Scotty going to the gig?.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
James Blast
Banned

looks that way Keith, sorry :(
ah ken we'll aw regret it, but ahm savin' ma groats fur the next weekend, an 'at :twisted:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Andie
Overbomber

bastards...

*sulks in a corner*
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
James Blast
Banned

<takes a beer into said corner>
:D
~ Peter Steele
Andie
Overbomber

Cheers James...i hope it's a cold fosters tops

typical this...i would like to see Editors too...but i have to put up with the likes of Dead Men Walking
scotty
Overbomber

Burn wrote:...but i have to put up with the likes of Dead Men Walking
Were going to see them the night before,have you seen them before?,are they any good?.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Andie
Overbomber

scotty wrote:
Were going to see them the night before,have you seen them before?,are they any good?.
Aye Scotty...they very good live...this time around should be a lil different as Captain Sensible is joining them in place of Glen Matlock on Bass...you'll be able to sing-a-long-a-captain to some classic Damned songs :notworthy:

where are you seeing them?...King Tuts?...if so...your special guest is gonna rip the place wide open...Bruce Watson from Big Country...can you say Fields of Fire?...

Clicky
scotty
Overbomber

Burn wrote:
scotty wrote:
Aye Scotty...they very good live...this time around should be a lil different as Captain Sensible is joining them in place of Glen Matlock on Bass...you'll be able to sing-a-long-a-captain to some classic Damned songs :notworthy:

where are you seeing them?...King Tuts?...if so...your special guest is gonna rip the place wide open...Bruce Watson from Big Country...can you say Fields of Fire?...

Clicky
They'r'e playing in Kinloss :eek: :lol: ,about five mile along the road,is Kinloss ready for Captain Sensible,I think not :lol: ,really looking forward to it & will be singing along at top volume to any Damned song they'll play!
James Blast
Banned

Okay MacFolks,
confirmed attendees thus far:
Andrew S
Blast
BigSie
Pat
Mr. & Mrs. scotty
venue : Main bar, The Griffin (opposite The Kings Theatre) 6ish, this Saturday. Heartland/Sisters goodies will be available for newcomers :D
~ Peter Steele
Andie
Overbomber

Burn wrote:bastards...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

someone smoke a Marlboro for me...
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Burn wrote:

i ain't going but i can manage the ciggie.. :wink:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:Okay MacFolks,
confirmed attendees thus far:
Andrew S
Blast
BigSie
Pat
Mr. & Mrs. scotty
venue : Main bar, The Griffin (opposite The Kings Theatre) 6ish, this Saturday. Heartland/Sisters goodies will be available for newcomers :D
Have a good one folks and apologies for once again not making this one...
Todays sarcasm is tomorrow's news
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Ah, The Griffin.

/Gets nostalgic/
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
Andie
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Burn wrote:

i ain't going but i can manage the ciggie.. :wink:
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

cheers Lee...but those of the northern hills are known for their tight :innocent: :wink:

and for them to splash out on an expensive packet of ciggies...or buy drink...isn't worth posting about...again! :twisted:
James Blast
Banned

stop derailing this or I really will stab you!
what's a man got to do to round up some people, in the Glasgow area, for a drink, some polite chat and an exchange of 'shiny discs'?
FFS!
~ Peter Steele
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

James Blast wrote:stop derailing this or I really will stab you!
what's a man got to do to round up some people, in the Glasgow area, for a drink, some polite chat and an exchange of 'shiny discs'?
FFS!
personally i'ld come along just to see if you'ld stab us before anyone else did!
(keep it in the family..)
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Andie
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:stop derailing this or I really will stab you!
FFS!
i'd suggest a lap dancer...or a pole dancer...but i'd be accused of being non PC and offensive to Laplanders and Poles...

gotta admit that they'd ensure a healthy male response to your nite out :lol: :wink:
James Blast
Banned

Many thanks to Andrew, the scottys and Pat for coming along tonight. A very good time was had by all, no one got stabbed and many shiney things changed hands. Image
black spots in the post to BigSie and smiscandlon :(
~ Peter Steele
smiscandlon
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:Many thanks to Andrew, the scottys and Pat for coming along tonight. A very good time was had by all, no one got stabbed and many shiney things changed hands. Image
black spots in the post to BigSie and smiscandlon :(
Not the black spot!

Sorry I couldn't make this one, but hope y'all had a good time.
&#1072;&#1085;&#1072;&#1088;&#1093;&#1080;&#1103;
James Blast
Banned

which part of 'black spots in post' didn't you understand, Steven?

<------reaches for knife... :innocent:
~ Peter Steele
scotty
Overbomber

Great meeting Blast and Andrew S,shame we left before Pat arrived but couldn't miss the Editors{who were fcukin' magic btw :notworthy: },the shiny is on right now :wink: :notworthy: ,ta very muchly,till next week then :D !.
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Yes, good to meet Pat and Mr & Mrs Scotty at last - and to see that Mr Blast has seen the light and grown a beard :) . Thanks to those who brought the shiny gifts - I promise to make up for forgetting to do the same. :oops:
James Blast
Banned

when are you throwing 'that damn cat' oot thi windae, Andrew? :lol:
~ Peter Steele
scotty
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:when are you throwing 'that damn cat' oot thi windae, Andrew? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy: