James Ray

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Honest opinion folks?

Personally didn't like it. Not for me. But then maybe I just don't 'get it'!!

What says you bunch?
Only a paand.
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Thank God, thought it was just me, a lone voice in the wilderness.

Everyone I asked seemed to like it....I didn't get it at all, but then I was sober (never happening again).
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Intelligent music, being played to an unsympathetic audience in an unsuitable venue. Ah well.
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

I was confused

Was it clever art or was it this
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
Francis
Overbomber

I liked the fast one at the end. I was nearly asleep upto that point. Ok bedtime listening. But I've already got the Reptile House for that.
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

It was one of them gigs were the longer it goes on the better it got...don't think it helped when they walked off for 5 mins and left us to the sound and projection show...Looked around and found half the crowd gone.

The smurphs were a lot better... :D even with Rob :innocent:
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

i believe i made my opinion known...
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
snowey

RicheyJames wrote:i believe i made my opinion known...
The words "This is s**t" can clearly be heard on the CD. :lol: (or was that your better half?) :D
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

snowey wrote:
RicheyJames wrote:i believe i made my opinion known...
The words "This is s**t" can clearly be heard on the CD. :lol: (or was that your better half?) :D
i believe that was me. i think ed's hit the nail on the head to be honest; the emperor was quite clearly stark bollock naked.
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

But on the whole I thought it was a fab night

Top effort!
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Twas the first time I've seen Rhombus and I was mightily impressed :notworthy:

The Smurfs, of course, rocked 8)
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

they always do
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Definitely one of our best gigs to date.

Muchos gracias to everyone who showed up.

The James Ray thingy was kinda what I was expecting, as I'd seen reviews of the London gig he did recently. But he played "Edie" and another oldie ("Fuel"?) so I was happy.
The Scene won't save you...
allfear

to be perfectly honest here, James Ray has put all the music that hes bein doing on the 4080 site, so if you must have had some sort of idea what to expect.

but then shoving a few oldies at the end, excellant wish id been there now

Mat
radiojamaica
Overbomber

allfear wrote:to be perfectly honest here, James Ray has put all the music that hes bein doing on the 4080 site, so if you must have had some sort of idea what to expect.

but then shoving a few oldies at the end, excellant wish id been there now

Mat
same here. He played Edie?! :eek: :notworthy: I love that song :notworthy:
in dub we trust
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

rhombus -pleasantly surprised ,'cause i'm a fussy bastard and i thought they were rather good. :notworthy: to ed for listening to my constructive criticism/dribble without looking offended/ bored. :lol:

smurphs- :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: fucking astounding! close your eyes and it was the sisters -which i would never have believed possible.talented as fook.i could go on and on about how good they were but suffice to say i was blown away.

James Ray....hmm....i'm with the "emperors new clothes" theory but with the impression that perhaps he knew he was naked and just enjoyed parading around with nothing on...if you follow my drift. certainly at one point he was stood behind the audience,looking amused at them all staring at an empty stage. and he signed planet dave's cd with a scrawled "fuck you!" :lol:

@the snoweys -didn't know you were there, thought i'ld met everyone -must have been your lucky day :wink:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
snowey

We got "Love no one" on ours and Mrs S was told she had the best T-shirt he had seen all night on (Joy Division). Very nice bloke.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

So are there any boots, so we can judge too? :innocent:

I'd especially like to get to hear Edie live... Or do old boots containing songs from that time exist?

Not to forget the other two bands :D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

snowey wrote:Very nice bloke.
oops- i meant to say that as well.sorry mr ray .
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
snowey

Obviousman wrote:So are there any boots, so we can judge too? :innocent:

I'd especially like to get to hear Edie live... Or do old boots containing songs from that time exist?

Not to forget the other two bands :D
http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic. ... 643#176643 :innocent:
James Blast
Banned

well I thought it was excellent, keep up the good work Mr. Ray and please play Glasgow :notworthy:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
wintermute
Amphetamine Filth

the son et lumiere of the M62 snaking into the horizon and the rhythmic sound of tyres and engine on the way home were more accessible than the stage show. a few slow moving trucks but no carp floating in the middle lane. what was it all about FFS ?

the bit at the beginning with the spotlight on the backdrop was straight out of W&G Curse of the Were-Rabbit.

then again, i didn't go to see him so no loss. i bet he didn't miss me either
then he takes your hand in some strange californian handshake and breaks the bone
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I have nothing to trade for CD-R bootlegs, nor do I have the desire to trade for them. Were they vinyl, that'd be another story, but CD-Rs should be weeded.
Either way. I didn't see Mr Ray, but from everything the Performance and Gangwar did, I expect he was brilliant. When I get home I'll download the 4080Peru site mp3s.
allfear

I have to say im not 100% with you on this one, if someone makes the effort to record a gig sometimes risking getting chucked out of a gig with recording equipment, but none the less making the effort then Im all for He/She being rewarded in new shows by meands of fair trade.

I mean it wasnt that long ago I stood in camden high street ALL DAY waiting for a cassette for a tenner of the sisters gig that i went to the night before, except the bloke never turned up
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: and he signed planet dave's cd with a scrawled "fuck you!" :lol:
Almost certainly in response to my subtle and constructive critique of the 'gig' I'd just witnessed. Dear dear. Outstanding to listen to on your headphones with a big ice-filled bong at the ready, but at a gig?

Oi! James! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.