the hall tour so far!!!!

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

_emma_ wrote:
tristren wrote:
shivarising wrote:First off - YOU DON'T NEED A VISA !!! A passport is all that is required unless you plan on staying mroe than 6 months or getting a job.
Depends where you are coming from.
Exactly. I've only just asked in the Embassy, and I know that they won't let me out of this f**king s**t hole of a country without both the visa and the invitation. It's called tourist visa, and it's for up to 6 months. Job-ralated visa is even more difficult to obtain. Pikkrong's case is probably the same.
Really annoying!

Hope you and Pikkrong will be able to work it out.
Good luck :wink:
"as we walk on the floodland"
pikkrong
Overbomber

Ozpat wrote:
_emma_ wrote:
tristren wrote: Depends where you are coming from.
Exactly. I've only just asked in the Embassy, and I know that they won't let me out of this f**king s**t hole of a country without both the visa and the invitation. It's called tourist visa, and it's for up to 6 months. Job-ralated visa is even more difficult to obtain. Pikkrong's case is probably the same.
Really annoying!

Hope you and Pikkrong will be able to work it out.
Good luck :wink:
Thank you!
But if they really need also an invtation it's getting more complicated (because my grandfather who lived in the USA died in 2004 and his wife a year later - RIP) :urff:
As an irony I knew today that there may be humane prices to get to Las Vegas from here...
do i drive
or am i driven
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

shivarising wrote:First off - YOU DON'T NEED A VISA !!! A passport is all that is required unless you plan on staying mroe than 6 months or getting a job.
That is misinformation. Unless the country you are a citizen of is covered by the Visa Waiver Program (and Estonia ain't one of them) AND your passport is machine readable, you will need a visa.

From the US Embassy in London pages:

Citizens of the following countries: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium Brunei, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom may travel visa free under the Visa Waiver Program if they meet ALL of the following requirements:

• The traveler is a citizen of one of the countries named above, traveling on a valid, individual machine readable passport. Note: A passport indicating that the bearer is a British Subject, British Dependent Territories Citizen, British Overseas Citizen, British National (Overseas) Citizen, or British Protected Person does not qualify for travel without a visa. A passport which states holder has Right of Abode or indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom does not qualify for visa free travel;

• Traveling for business, pleasure or transit only;

• Staying in the United States for 90 days or less;

Plus, if entering the United States by air or sea is,

• Holding a return or onward ticket. If traveling on an electronic ticket, a copy of the itinerary must be carried for presentation to U.S. immigration at the port of entry. Note: Travelers with onward tickets terminating in Mexico, Canada, Bermuda or the Caribbean Islands must be legal permanent residents of these areas;

• Entering the United States aboard an air or sea carrier that has agreed to participate in the program. This includes aircraft of a U.S. corporation that has entered into an agreement with the Department of Homeland Security to carry passengers under the Visa Waiver Program. Note: Other private or official aircraft or vessels do not meet this requirement; and

• In possession of a completed form I-94W, obtainable from airline and shipping companies;

Or, if entering the United States by land from Canada or Mexico,

• Is in possession of a completed form I-94W, issued by the immigration authorities at the port of entry, and a $6.00 fee, payable only in U.S. dollars.

Important: Some travelers may not be eligible to enter the United States visa free under the VWP. These include people who have been arrested, even if the arrest did not result in a criminal conviction, those with criminal records, (the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act does not apply to U.S. visa law), certain serious communicable illnesses, those who have been refused admission into, or have been deported from, the United States, or have previously overstayed on the VWP. Such travelers must apply for special restricted visas. If they attempt to travel without a visa, they may be refused entry into the United States.
shivarising
Amphetamine Filth

Sorry, I was assuming everyone was coming from the civilized world. :innocent:
aims
Overbomber

Well that was risque, not to mention potentially downright rude :|
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Fire one. Destination LA. :von:
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

shivarising wrote:Sorry, I was assuming everyone was coming from the civilized world. :innocent:

From it yes.... :innocent: :)
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Andrew S wrote:
shivarising wrote:Sorry, I was assuming everyone was coming from the civilized world. :innocent:

From it yes.... :innocent: :)
Thank-you Andrew :notworthy: -your wit saved me from having to be offensive... 8)
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
shivarising
Amphetamine Filth

Oi, just remember... The Sisters are coming over here. And whilst you're still over there waiting for the updates on the ole HL forum, we've got a cowpoke Prez who's already shown that he's got an itchy trigger finger. :twisted:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

The Sisters are going over there because your promoters have money that they don't seem too fussed about parting with, and we're here in a country not ruled by a despot cowboy with a passion for killing people in countries that many people there have never heard of.

Now kindly shut the f**k up. :von:
aims
Overbomber

:notworthy:

Very true. Though we are ruled by a weakling with a fetish for despot cowboys :roll:

Let's keep this on topic. If anyone feels like a shouting match, take it to the Valentine thread ;D
pikkrong
Overbomber

Got the US visa.
Anyone else thinking about going the way from Las Vegas to Dallas (all the way or just some gigs on the way) :?:
do i drive
or am i driven