Flood I

Got any interesting thoughts on a set of lyrics? Any that don't involve the word "indeed"? Find yourself struggling to decipher all those obtuse references Von makes? Read "1959 And All That" and still no clearer? Nope, us neither. Postcards found lying in a skip around the back of the Chemists can be found here... Don't say you weren't warned.
kurtz
Road Kill

from the oft mentioned '1959' lyric site....

"Stolen guitars:
The bitter comes out better on a stolen guitar/you're the blessed, we're the Spiders From Mars" - Hang On To Yourself, David Bowie (from the fabulous Ziggy Stardust album). Eldritch is a noted Bowie fan and often cites seeing Starman (also from Ziggy Stardust) on Top of the Pops as the reason why he became a rock star."

i don't know where i remember reading it, but someone or something also suggested that, on another level, it could be some sort of allusion to the lack of a traditional arrangement (bass, guitar, voice, rhythm, etc) since hussey, marx and adams all jumped ship (and, thus, 'stole' the guitars from the second sisters album).

or maybe i read it in a dream or something.
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

mmmmmmmmm,

Stolen guitars, in my humble opinion, ok, not that humble, it's a direct reference to the fact that the sex pistols stole equipment from the spiders...

I could go further, but maybe I wont...

Yours, as always,

Chairman Bux
CEO Buxville
buxville@myheartland.co.uk
pikkrong
Overbomber

On Oct 30, 2002 7:50pm, Chairman Bux wrote:
mmmmmmmmm,

Stolen guitars, in my humble opinion, ok, not that humble, it's a direct reference to the fact that the sex pistols stole equipment from the spiders...

Yours, as always,

Chairman Bux
CEO Buxville
hmh, i never knew about it...
i've never been very much interested in sex pistols
but talking about spiders... yes, i'm ashamed, i didn't know this story.
so, you COULD go further... :smile:
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

On Oct 30, 2002 7:50pm, Chairman Bux wrote:
mmmmmmmmm,

Yours, as always,

Chairman Bux
CEO Buxville
not Billy Idol :eek:

how gutted am I :von:
Goths have feelings too
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Well, related to your idea, I heard that Hussey etc. stole guitars in the literal sense, not just their ability to play them (god knows eldritch is just as good a guitarist as them - I love the story of him having to play the bass for "something fast" cos TJ "couldn't play that slowly" :roll: ).

Apparently when they went they took several bits of kit that belonged to the SOM as a unit - no doubt they thought they were owed to them.

<font size=1>[ This Message was edited by: Jim on Nov 28, 2002 2:43pm ]</font>
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

On Nov 28, 2002 11:12am, Jim wrote:
Apparently when they went they took several bits of kit that belonged to the SOM as a unit - no doubt they thought they were owe to them.
i always assumed this to be the case too. :???:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
bilderberg
Road Kill

Jim wrote:
Apparently when they went they took several bits of kit that belonged to the SOM as a unit - no doubt they thought they were owed to them.
greets to members, post een.

heard that when PM went, she had a hand in removal of Doktor Avalanche sounds... never confirmed the story though.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

That's quite possible. She was quite angry (although the threat of legal action and the bizarre assertion that she'd written half of Vision Thing never came to anything). Hussey also famously stole Von's favourite hat.

So...bilderberg, eh? How's running the world lately?
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Badlander
Overbomber

Reviving some old stuff indeed... :innocent:
Chairman Bux wrote: Stolen guitars, in my humble opinion, ok, not that humble, it's a direct reference to the fact that the sex pistols stole equipment from the spiders...
Uh, how the hell could that be, since the Spiders disbanded in 73 and the Pistols came into being in 76 ? :?
I figured that the "stolen guitars" bit was indeed merely a reference to "Hang on to yourself", much like "stuck into of Memphis with the mobile home" refers to Dylan.
I know it's not deep and elaborate, but at least it makes sense.
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
James Blast
Banned

inside of Memphis with a mobile phone?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
9while9
Slight Overbomber
Location: Parts Unknown or Isle of Tonga (whichever you prefer).

Badlander wrote:Reviving some old stuff indeed... :innocent:
Chairman Bux wrote: Stolen guitars, in my humble opinion, ok, not that humble, it's a direct reference to the fact that the sex pistols stole equipment from the spiders...
Uh, how the hell could that be, since the Spiders disbanded in 73 and the Pistols came into being in 76 ? :?
I figured that the "stolen guitars" bit was indeed merely a reference to "Hang on to yourself", much like "stuck into of Memphis with the mobile home" refers to Dylan.
I know it's not deep and elaborate, but at least it makes sense.
Badlander has a good point, could Mr. Bux elaborate on his statement. :eek:

Wow, what an old post > originally started in Jan. 01, 1970 at 12:00am. ;D
"An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why." - William Faulkner

-Me, I'm inspired by my DarkAngel.