How do you rate the Silver bullet tour ?

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
slicepack
Amphetamine Filth

Badlander wrote:
slicepack wrote:Ben is a competent guitar player - nothing more. There are Heartlanders (me included) who could do a better job.
The Girls never had any virtuoso guitarist. That's not what the band is about.
Ben and Chris are good guitarists, and they have guts, energy, charisma, and the right attitude. Maybe that is what Von is looking for... :innocent: :von:
"Some people get by
With a little understanding
Some people get by
With a whole lot more
I dont know
Why you gotta be so undemanding..."
Overbomber

eotunun wrote: (Hm. Maybe the wait took so long cause they had to find their ways along the guide rope through the fog and then find out which way the audience was, to make sure none of them runs offstage on start..? ;D )
Another Spinal Tap moment ! ;D

Hello Cleveland ! :twisted:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

I only did Leeds, and it was more fun meeting all the Heartlanders :notworthy:

It's more of a nostalgia thing now, some bits were better than others but as a whole it didn't feel like a gig should

New product would help

Better sound obviously

A tighter band - fcuk all that backing tape crap get the bodies in!

I'll keep going if he keeps playing but with each tour the numbers seem to dwindle and pretty soon he'll be popping round to his favourite Heartlanders to do the gig

Come on :von: you only have one life :!: :!: :twisted:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Big Si
School Bully

weebleswobble wrote:I'll keep going if he keeps playing but with each tour the numbers seem to dwindle and pretty soon he'll be popping round to his favourite Heartlanders to do the gig
:eek: :innocent: ;D :notworthy: :D :lol: 8)
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
James Blast
Banned

the day was from heaven and having a modern beat combo playing was a plus
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Mickpit
Road Kill

weebleswobble wrote: Better sound obviously

I'll keep going if he keeps playing but with each tour the numbers seem to dwindle and pretty soon he'll be popping round to his favourite Heartlanders to do the gig
And with the current equipment, he probably would't wake the neighbours up either
I'm not young enough to know everything
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Mind you the punters upstairs at The George might not appreciate that much smoke... :)
52nd daughter
Road Kill

I hit up the LA gig! Excellent! My first Sisters show. I am hooked.
godgirl
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

best: paris and hamburg. :D esp. eggi dancing in the pub after hamburg. *snigger*

great: phoenix. houston. leeds. manchester, nottingham, brussels II, luxembourg.

very bad due to external factors: dallas, las vegas, glasgow, london.

ok: madrid, barcelona, thessaloniki, athens, san diego, albuquerque, bristol, norwich, amsterdam.

(mostly because i recall very little of them... heh...) :innocent:

dull: milan, rome, florence.

most violent: brussels II

most underwhelming crowd reaction: london

smelliest: malmø, gøteborg. there's about 3 rows of people near the front who never seem to have washed themselves or their clothes. it smelled rotten. had to go outside for fresh air before the putrefaction killed me. esp as it was no-smoking and couldn't drown the odour out with cigarette smoke.

:roll:

missed due to apathy: køpenhavn - slept in hostel bed instead - fear of smelly swedes turning up too great....

:innocent:

missed due to prior commitments: brussels I, bielefeld, berlin...

missed due to post overgothed exhaustion: køln, munchen, stuttgart :cry:

worst toilet facilities: athens

most free beer: athens

best local food: erm... athens.

potentially missing due to lack of funds: the next 10 gigs.

favourite ever gig: neerpelt 98 - fireworks.

least favourite gig ever: probably m'era luna 2005. s**t weather, s**t short setlist, s**t mood, end of an era.

opinions on guitarists: these two seem to have cleaner feet - but i've not checked closely. there's nothing worse than fungal toe nail infections to put you off someone for life.

oh and they're cuddly and adoreable and one wants to tuck them up to bed at night with hot cocoa and a nice tale of bunnies and suchlike.

peachy.

now, if everyone sends me ten euro or ten dollars and someone buys my nova-rock tickets, i can assess the situation on the eastern front. at least a few of the gigs on that side of the continent - seeing it's allegedly impossible to get from belgrade to banja luka on time by train and from banja luka to nickelsdorf on time to see metallica, it may be i just blow out banja luka and nickelsdorf...

or the whole damn tour if i don't win the lottery this week... or get a job...

my my, did i really spend my birthday writing this crap?

i must be getting old...... :cry:

but i think somehow, somehow, even if i know they'll not be on a par with paris or hamburg or leeds or manchester... i really kind of want to go see that part of the world... and their reaction to the sisters...

:evil:

marge xxx
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
Badlander
Overbomber

godgirl wrote:opinions on guitarists: these two seem to have cleaner feet - but i've not checked closely. there's nothing worse than fungal toe nail infections to put you off someone for life.
:lol:
So true. :urff:
:eek:
Is that really your birthday ?
ThenImage
jenzi-benzi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

godgirl wrote:

i must be getting old...... :cry:

marge xxx
HAPPY Birthday, too.
James Blast
Banned

coming soon...

just a work in progress :innocent:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Great DVD cover, crap gig. :|
The Scene won't save you...
James Blast
Banned

Scardwel wrote:Great DVD cover, crap gig. :|
they were a bit better the next night in Leeds but the day was better (where were you?) Glasgow was 'Dirty Assed Rock 'n' Roll' and had TGGI :lol:

I was there :notworthy:

I think...
~ Peter Steele
Badlander
Overbomber

Very nice cover indeed. :notworthy: :D 8)
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote: they were a bit better the next night in Leeds but the day was better (where were you?) Glasgow was 'Dirty Assed Rock 'n' Roll' and had TGGI :lol:

I think...
Must have missed this somewhere a while back, but it's been bugging me for a while - who or what is TGGI?
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
scotty
Overbomber

Erudite wrote:
James Blast wrote: they were a bit better the next night in Leeds but the day was better (where were you?) Glasgow was 'Dirty Assed Rock 'n' Roll' and had TGGI :lol:

I think...
Must have missed this somewhere a while back, but it's been bugging me for a while - who or what is TGGI?
TGGI = The Giving Ground Incident :wink:
clicky
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Ah, that little affair.
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Mickpit
Road Kill

Marge, as you went to SO many, can I ask what you think was was the worst performance you saw on this tour :?:
I'm not young enough to know everything
TheBoyNextDoor
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

According to Ben on his Myspace-site he will be rehearsing with his own band in early July, so Finland seems to be the last gig of the tour.. and I wonder what will happen after that with the Sisters - the two guitar players seems to be very busy doing other things. And I who wished they would record something.. yeah, in my dreams.. - thank you very much goodbye. :(
Donald
Road Kill

James Blast wrote:coming soon...

snip

just a work in progress :innocent:
Perhaps you could get Von to rerecord his vocals?
malphadour2500
Road Kill

I went to the Manchester gig, bumped into Quiff for the first time in eons (he had black hair and makeup on the last time I saw him) and he proceeded to weigh me down with flyers!!

Anyway, onto the gig. What can I say, they were absolutely s**t!! Probably the workst gig I have seen ever in the history of the universe. I was in that 10 row back huddle that Quiff mentioned, the ones who were stood there mouths agape at the utter crap coming out of the speakers.

The sound was appalling which didnt help, but we couldn't hear Von at all, occasionally you would get a snippet. Chris was ok, did a decent job and actually played the Dominion guitar line with a proper sound and that bit did make me smile, but then the pillock on the other side of the stage would decide to play some Van Halen riff and ruin the whole thing which seemed to be his theme for the night; get a good song, play along for a bit and then hits us with some horrible squeaky riff as if he was the front axe man for White Snake, not only were his riffs poor, innapropriate for the SOM but his guitar sound was fuckin awful.

I went to the gig with so much hope and left with such utter dissapointment. I was soooo glad that my mates refused to come despite me telling them it would be great with the new line up. I was so f**ked off I couldn't be bothered to drag myself back to town a few days later to see the Killing Joke gig, and apparently they rocked, so double pissed off now.

SOM need to get guitarists who understand the Sisters ethos, then get in a studio, then stop dicking about like fuckin primadonnas and record some music and release a record. Either that or p*ss off and stop ruining the reputation of what was once THE band.

This may sound harsh, but I have waited nearly a month before writing this and I am still so furious at how totally crap the gig was.

Towards the end I started walking around and talking to a lot of people who were stood in the middle or the back. I would say that in all I asked about 30 people what they thought; 1 person said it was great, 3 or 4 said it wasn't bad and all the rest had comments that ranged from not very impressed to fuckin s**t. When they went off and came back for the encore, about 100 people walked out, then they did a second encore and a load more people walked out because they couldn't put up with another minute of the dirge that was being propelled at them from the PA.

Anyone reading this who is thinking "what are you talking about it was great" ask somebody who saw the Sisters but also saw Bauhuas recently and ask who was better. Not only is there no contest, but it is embarrasing how much better Bauhaus were. We all left the Bauhuas gig with big silly grins coz it was so good, there weren't many smilesafter the SOM.

Nuff said
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Maybe just admit you like Bauhaus these days more and perhaps some people don't like Bauhaus as much as you do?
we've got beer and we've got fuel
Badlander
Overbomber

malphadour2500 wrote:This may sound harsh, but I have waited nearly a month before writing this and I am still so furious at how totally crap the gig was.
Hope you're feeling better now... :innocent: :roll: :von:
Jan
Amphetamine Filth

Cologne was great. But I somehow felt how the band shifted into another direction... I can't really explain, I guess it must've been the new sound. It was totally different than the gigs I've seen with Adam and Chris Starling, but Cologne this year was great. Entertaining.

But still not my most favorite gig... for several reasons, I'll pick the 2003 gigs in Leeds. They were great.

Jan
"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)