Patricia Morrison

Know the whereabouts of any ex-Sisters members or hangers-on? Got any amusing anecdotes about members of the band, past or present? Post 'em here...
Jim
Slight Overbomber

She'll be the large one at the back.

Heckling.
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

I live literally across the road from where the Damned are playing tonight. I might just pop my head round the door when they're soundchecking, and shout "Oi! I'm off to see a Sisters tribute band tonight - wanna come?" just to see their reaction! :twisted:
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Theres a car park opposite.

And a wall on the other side.

U live in a carpark?
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

nope, other side @ Victoria Apartments, Barbican Road. And yes you're quite right there is a carpark sorta in the way... :roll:
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Ah, I know them well. Nice enough area.

And good for the Knorr, when it was still open....
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

Black Shuk wrote::( I actually feel rather sorry for Patricia- I Know she gets a lot ao stick from Sisters fans, but the fact is she was treated like **** by Von, and when she no longer figured in his plans for world domination, he threw her aside.

I've also always kinda fancied her (stop laughing) ...... In fact, I only bought Floodland, my first Sisters record, because I had a thing for her.... (I was young and naive)
So if it wasn't for Patsy, I may not now have a Von addiction (it's more addictive than crack)
Shuky you're not alone , I also think Patricia's great. And she inspired me to dye my hair black at age 13 which got me in vast amounts of trouble at the time 8) ................ *smiles wistfully*

I suppose we'll both be shunned by other Heartlanders now .... :lol:
Hell is other people
James Blast
Banned

Well the bass playing on The Gun Club's L.A. Story sounds good to me! And she is a stunning looking woman, I prefer her chunkier too.
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Red Sunsets wrote:Well the bass playing on The Gun Club's L.A. Story sounds good to me! And she is a stunning looking woman, I prefer her chunkier too.
According to an Interview with Jeffrey Lee Pierce I read a few years ago, he had to show Patricia how to play every single note... :?
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
karin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I get pissed off with people slagging off Patricia Morisson. 'Floodland' would not have sounded the way it did if she hadn't have been around at the time. I believe, at the very least, she was a muse.
Zwei bier bitte.....
Jim
Slight Overbomber

karin wrote:I get pissed off with people slagging off Patricia Morisson. 'Floodland' would not have sounded the way it did if she hadn't have been around at the time. I believe, at the very least, she was a muse.
*cough*bollocks*cough*
Andy TG
Overbomber

karin wrote:I get pissed off with people slagging off Patricia Morisson. 'Floodland' would not have sounded the way it did if she hadn't have been around at the time. I believe, at the very least, she was a muse.
Patsy a MUSE - aMUSEing maybe - but not a muse IMHO ;-)
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
karin

Well Bollocks yourselves. I stick by my point of view.
Zwei bier bitte.....
biggy

I saw Gun Club live , in fact they were one of my favourite bands .
There was nothing wrong with Patricia`s playing then . It`s hardly likely she would have got worse the more she played .

In this whole genre of music no one is particularly a musical genius . Eldritch is not technically a great singer , Hussey not a great guitarist , astbury not a great singer etc etc .... it`s all about what they do with what they have .
If it was all about technical ability we`d all be listening to Joe Satriani or Pavarotti :wink:
Jim
Slight Overbomber

I was aMUSEd when I saw her from behind...
hallucienate
Overbomber

Jim wrote:I was aMUSEd when I saw her from behind...
:roll: ;D ;D Where there any small planets in orbit :?:
karin

...And what's with all this focus on the way she looks? So she put on a few pounds ( apparently ) so what ? I bet most of the blokes reading this are sporting beer bellies. I mean... are you f**king serious ? It's always the ugliest blokes who are the most vocal about the way a woman should look and damn her ( no pun intended) if she isn't perfect. :x I bet a tenner none of you are exactly in the Clooney league. :roll:
Zwei bier bitte.....
Big Si
School Bully

karin wrote: I bet a tenner none of you are exactly in the Clooney league. :roll:
Does having him as your flat mate count? ;D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Hey, I'm wearing myself as an avatar, I've nothing to hide. Make your own mind up :-)
Black Shuck
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

Jim wrote:Hey, I'm wearing myself as an avatar, I've nothing to hide. Make your own mind up :-)
Wha...? I thought it was a picture of the fella from 'Ash'!

I think there should be a week where ALL posters use a picture of themselves as avatars. I'd do it.
I know that 'Jim', 'Andy the Goth' and 'Karin' already use pics of yourself for your avatars, respect to youse guys, but it'd be funny (and revealing...) if we all did it.
Gazza for England manager
Big Si
School Bully

Black Shuk wrote:

I think there should be a week where ALL posters use a picture of themselves as avatars. I'd do it.
I know that 'Jim', 'Andy the Goth' and 'Karin' already use pics of yourself for your avatars, respect to youse guys, but it'd be funny (and revealing...) if we all did it.
Are you kidding? My picture would crack your monitor screen!

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic. ... 8579#28579
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
JansenClone

Black Shuk wrote:I know that 'Jim', 'Andy the Goth' and 'Karin' already use pics of yourself for your avatars, respect to youse guys, but it'd be funny (and revealing...) if we all did it.
Well, I'm using a drawing of myself with myself with myself with myself which is sort of close... or sick...

Besides, it's all to do with art and nothing at all to do with wrinkles... oh no...

Michael
hallucienate
Overbomber

plenty of pics of me in my gallery on my website.
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

I don't do photos if I can avoid it. I did a self portrate using my vast knowledge of computer based art.

While the master piece is developing, here's a pic of the lovely Nic Endo. Mmm...
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Andy TG
Overbomber

Black Shuk wrote:
Jim wrote:Hey, I'm wearing myself as an avatar, I've nothing to hide. Make your own mind up :-)

@ Black Shuk - I have to confess that my current "Avatar" is not a picture of me - but a picture of VON from a copy of Underneath The Rock - circa 1992 - sorry if you feel I have let you all down ;-)

I will endeavour to create a picture of myself for a avatar update :-)
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Black Shuck
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

:oops: oops! i feel really stupid...

i'd never have guessed that that was von.
Gazza for England manager