the sisters in poland?

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
robertzombie
Overbomber

and weeds... :innocent:
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

very curiuos about set list and reviews
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
DevilRed
Road Kill

dtsom wrote:very curiuos about set list and reviews
good show, very good show :)

setlist (hopefully no mistakes :wink: ):

Crash And Burn
Ribbons
Dr. Jeep/Detonation Boulevard
Still
When You don't See Me
Flood I
Giving Ground
Summer
Dominion/Mother Russia
Slept
Alice
Anaconda
Romeo Down
Neverland
(We Are The Same) Suzanne
This Corrossion
(break)
Something Fast
Lucretia (My Reflection)
(break)
Top Nite Out
Temple Of Love

"one thing I know, I want MORE..." :D
http://www.myspace.com/devilred - 'everything about me' <lol>
meckert
Road Kill

Just got back from Krakow to Gdansk (two 7,5 hours long trips).
WOW! This was one of the best gigs I've ever seen ! I've seen TSOM in Warsaw in 2003 and I must say that yesterdays show was at least 3 times better.

Andrew was in good mood and both guitarists just blew me away! They are far more dynamic than the previous Pearson/Starling duo. The songs are heavier, Ben's and Chris's playing is more metal with more solos. And what great showmen they both are!!!

And also the crowd's reaction was great ! I'll never forget what happened after This Corrosion - the whole crowd started clapping and singing a'capella "hey now hey now now, sing ths corrosion to me" - and we sang non stop for a good couple of minutes.

After the gig I had a nice conversation with Ben. Of course I asked him if there's ever going to be a new TSOM record. He said thah he would like it very much, and that they already wrote new songs with Andrew and Chris , but he said that he doesn't understand why Andrew doesn't want to release anything. He said quote " something must have happend like 13 years ago, and it seems that it is stil there". Ben seemed very friendly, he gave me an autograph on a genuine setlist, that my friend got from the guy at the soundboard. When I was coming back to my table he called me back and gave me a copy of his solo single :-)

I also got a signature from Chris , who was also very friendly.

Ok. Now I must rest :-)

p.s. and I've also met Pikkrong :-)
meckert
Road Kill

8.04.03 - TSOM Warsaw
10.06.06 - TSOM Cracov
30.03.09 - TSOM Warsaw
16.05.14 - TSOM Cracov

procez.bandcamp.com
darciemordy.blogspot.com (sorry, in polish only)
Drsisters
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Why the same setlist almost the whole tour :?: And now the same setlists in the summer :twisted:
A little change would be nice :D
Throw in FALAA and Vision Thing !!!!!!!
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
Drsisters

Hopefully they change the setlist in Finland, never know what could happen with finnish metal fans loaded on kosken-korva and koff :lol: :lol: :lol:
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
meckert
Road Kill

They played FALAA during the soundcheck....
8.04.03 - TSOM Warsaw
10.06.06 - TSOM Cracov
30.03.09 - TSOM Warsaw
16.05.14 - TSOM Cracov

procez.bandcamp.com
darciemordy.blogspot.com (sorry, in polish only)
Andy Gom
Road Kill

highlights:

Ribbons - it's the rythm and AE screams
Still - still it makes me happy
Summer - beautiful lights
Romeo Down - bass guitar with feedback electric guitar
This Corrosion - clapping and singing with Von
Something Fast - atmosphere
Lucretia - power

Very short gig but very loud, band and fans in good mood

anybody recording ?
aims
Overbomber

Drsisters wrote:Why the same setlist almost the whole tour :?: And now the same setlists in the summer :twisted:
They did play FALAA and VT on quite a number of dates.

And having a set list anymore varied than that for so many dates would be risky for your average well established band, never mind one with two new guitarists :|
_emma_
Overbomber

The best way to describe my current mood: Pluto the dog stretched on the floor with paws wide apart, unable to make a move, sheepish eyes and silly smile that just won't go away regardless of whatever happens around.
And I had thought that Hamburg was the best gig I'd see this year, stupid me! :lol:
Proof that my judgement is clear this time: 1. I was completely sober, 2. I entered the venue with a rather severe stomach ache and fatigue (far too little sleep in the previous 4 nights), which should've affected the overall impression in a negative way, right? Instead, all these bad feelings were gone by the time it got to Ribbons. :notworthy:
Has anybody recorded this show? Please? I'd do anything to be able to listen to this kind of Romeo Down once more. :notworthy:
Drsisters

Motz wrote:
Drsisters wrote:Why the same setlist almost the whole tour :?: And now the same setlists in the summer :twisted:
They did play FALAA and VT on quite a number of dates.

And having a set list anymore varied than that for so many dates would be risky for your average well established band, never mind one with two new guitarists :|
Been talking to Ben, he felt, (chris for that matter as well i guess)
that they have rehearsed a whole lot of songs they were eager to play but not Eldritch. Valentine, Sister Ray, More for example.
So it´s might be more risky to play the standard setlist for so many shows with guitarists on fire :D
Luciana Neri
Road Kill

Meckert,
thank you! Wonderful pictures and coments.

kisses
Luciana Neri
"... I don´t exist when you don´t see me..."
aims
Overbomber

Drsisters wrote:Been talking to Ben, he felt, (chris for that matter as well i guess) that they have rehearsed a whole lot of songs they were eager to play but not Eldritch. Valentine, Sister Ray, More for example. So it´s might be more risky to play the standard setlist for so many shows with guitarists on fire :D
Valentine? :eek:

YAY! :D

*ahem* 8)
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Thanks for the reviews and pics.
"as we walk on the floodland"
Delilah

AMAZING GIG!!! Good sound, perfect audience and the band seemed to have really enjoyed themselves. This Corrosion - UNFORGETABLE!!!
The funny thing - one of the major newspapers in Poland (Gazeta Wyborcza) in their Culture section put a massive photo on the front cover advertising the Sisters gig... unfortunately that was a photo of That Guitarist :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (maybe he got Polish press corrupted or something?). We gave the paper to Chris asking to give it to Von after the gig (so he doesn't get too annoyed before playing), forgot to ask if he gave it to him or not though...
BIG LOVE to everyone I met in Cracow (Christian 1, Wojtek, Andreas, Christian 2, Christian3, Andrew S, Jens, Indrek, Andrius and his GF- thanks for the very pleasant 9h train journey to Bratislava and a great fun, love you all!)
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

If they play More i'm gonna die. Thanks everyone for reviews that make me drool.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
_emma_
Overbomber

Delilah wrote:The funny thing - one of the major newspapers in Poland (Gazeta Wyborcza) in their Culture section put a massive photo on the front cover advertising the Sisters gig... unfortunately that was a photo of That Guitarist :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (maybe he got Polish press corrupted or something?).
Oh my f*****g God, was it Wyborcza? :urff: :lol: I thought it was some crappy tabloid! What a shame for them, oh dear! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Honestly, very often I feel ashamed of my country. The delays in opening the venues (the same happened in Warsaw, remember?), the unpleasant security who look down on people dressed in black, the quality of toilets, the out of date photo on the ticket, and now this. :urff:
Don't you ever come back here, girl.
Kuba
Road Kill

But where else you could see such a show with such an audience? Now i get shivers everytime I listen to "This Corrosion" ;)
_emma_
Overbomber

Well, I personally thought that the crowd singing was bearable during the break, but when they decided to sing along to Something Fast I thought it was a very wrong idea. But that's me. I'm the weirdo who's always so electrified that can't even do the handclapping, the only sign of my appreciation being probably the way I grip onto the barrier. So yes, you're probably right, it was apparent that the band enjoyed the crowd's behaviour!
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Sounds like a stonking gig with the crowd well and truly back on form. Nice. Glad everyone enjoyed it so much. I MUST get to see them headline outdoors before they jack it all in.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Delilah

Planet Dave wrote:S I MUST get to see them headline outdoors before they jack it all in.
it was indoors, in a very small venue...
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Delilah wrote:
Planet Dave wrote:S I MUST get to see them headline outdoors before they jack it all in.
it was indoors, in a very small venue...
Ah.

Well, my original point still stands. :lol:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Delilah

2 reviews from the Polish press: both bad.
1. Gazeta Wyborcza, Cracow - the same one that put Hussey's photo advertising the Sisters gig: Clicky The Title: "No mercy at Sisters Of Mercy concert". Summary: (sorry, can't be bothered to translate it all...)-
1. the author compared the gig to the disastrous football match between Poland and Equador the day before (!!!)
2. He said after seeing Bauhaus in Berlin a few months ago he was hoping for a similar quality TSOM gig in Poland but was wrong
3. Complained about the sound and too much smoke (rubbish, coz even my friends standing at the back could still see the band)
4. according to him, " the last song (Temple Of Love) was started by the pseudo-improvisation of the guitar players who at that time decided to run around the stage for no particular reason" (so he obviously didn;t like "Top Night Out")
:evil:
5. the fans were much more lively than the band.
There are lots of comments below the article, feel free to add one, I've done that already!

Clicky

"The Sisters Of Mercy - no mercy in Cracow"
Summary:
1.first song was apparently "Slash and Burn" :lol: :lol:
2. the gig was 1 hour long
3. the band was really cold towards the audience...

WHAT A LOT OF RUBBISH!!!

===========
Edit: 3-mile long URLs condensed by markfiend.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Last edited by Bartek on 14 Jun 2006, 13:05, edited 7 times in total.