This Corrosion Demos

Unknown songs and demos, who wrote what, who sang what, the usual biographies, discography gubbins, photos of Eldritch with no sunglasses, etc, etc, etc, yadda, yadda, yadda....
Y
Fraud Squad

I was wondering if anybody heard or have any information about the the 'This Corrosion' demos?

And... andbody care to put in MP3 format and share :P
hallucienate
Overbomber

I remember Robin posting details about them on Dominion a long time ago. I may still have the mail somewhere, but it'll take a little while to find it. If I do I'll post it.

As for MP3s... In our dreams.
hallucienate
Overbomber

Nope, couldn't find it.

The general idea was that there are 5 or 6 takes, with vocals spread between Von, James Ray and I think Alan Vega.

The music is meant to be heavier than the album version.
taylor
Slight Overbomber

"long time dead" Robin get the master from Andrew Pinnell from Heartland magazine. Pinnell copied it just one time to his mate Mark W.
I always though that the italian guy got it from Mark W, as he bought everything from him when stopped. But he dont confirm this story
Maybe it goes also in France as when I had contacted Mark, everything was flyed in Italy and France
Y
Fraud Squad

Here is all the info I have...

Recorded in 1986 to Uk Fairview studio and featuring Alan Vega &
James ray.

thanks everybody for your input... Let's hope one day we can hear them!

How about the VT demos?
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

they're out there all right :wink:

can't tell you how i know or who has them.

life's like that sometimes :von: :innocent:

oh, and can someone please upload the 2000 soundcheck to ftp too

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: as if :evil:
Goths have feelings too
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Now that's just plain mean.

About the This Corrosion demo... AE has said that Jim Steinman forced him to tone down / pull chunks out of the lyrics, because they could be taken as libel by a certain ex-member. If there's a pre-Steinman demo, it should presumably contain some entertaining levels of vitriol directed at Wayne the pain?
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Dan
Overbomber

There was someone who advertised in Heartland as "Western Dream". He had a tape called "This Corrosion Demos 1987" consisisting of Colours/This Corrosion x 4/Torch/Colours/This Corrosion x 5/Torch/Colours/This Corrosion x 3. He ripped me off on my last order and took forever to send stuff, so I never found out what it was. Probably the sort of "demos" that sound EXACTLY like the finished version, of which sadly theres a lot of.
taylor
Slight Overbomber

Western Dream (aka Adrian Rostill) demos was just fake items done by someones use equalizer. A rough demos tapes exist and where took from a pink label test press of Floodland lp (I had found it from Greg Vandike in 1989) but mainly the official versions in their full lenght.

Fairwiw studios demos are totally different versions of This corrossion sung by James Ray, luca Fox, Eldritch, ect and are unreleased
Y
Fraud Squad

taylor wrote:... A rough demos tapes exist and where took from a pink label test press of Floodland lp (I had found it from Greg Vandike in 1989) but mainly the official versions in their full lenght.
Test Pressings usually have the exact same songs as the finish product with maybe more echo/background noise. Do you qualify songs from a Test Pressing as demos ?
taylor
Slight Overbomber

3 test press was done :

pink label lp (no sleeve) tracks all full lenght -Driven like got the full intro and other tracks are rough demos : not equalized on 24 track mixer

white label "Record Service" text on - Germany test (no sleeve)

black label (as distribuited) used as promo - large quantity (ps)
Y
Fraud Squad

taylor wrote:3 test press was done :

pink label lp (no sleeve) tracks all full lenght -Driven like got the full intro and other tracks are rough demos : not equalized on 24 track mixer

white label "Record Service" text on - Germany test (no sleeve)

black label (as distribuited) used as promo - large quantity (ps)

Do you know where/who have these TP (except black label)? Any run off inscriptions on the pink labe
... and there is also a Specialty Record TP for the USA release...
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

MrChris wrote:Now that's just plain mean.

okay, okay you shamed me into to it

it was miss scarlet, with the spanner in the hall :roll:

ah, my lil' joke with the chairman. pay no heed :wink:

About the This Corrosion demo... AE has said that Jim Steinman forced him to tone down / pull chunks out of the lyrics, because they could be taken as libel by a certain ex-member. If there's a pre-Steinman demo, it should presumably contain some entertaining levels of vitriol directed at Wayne the pain?
I thaught that was More? Or is that just normal service being resumed ;D
Goths have feelings too
James Blast
Banned

Some Girls Never Move On
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Correl
Road Kill

Recently I bought a tape off ebay from a seller Ive bought things from before. So far he's been relyable and honest about the products. When I receive it in the mail Ill take pictures and try to copy it into a CD format and offer it up for weeding. It was advertised as being much darker then the final product. It had was in cassette case with a maroonish-dust-red and black merciful release logo insert listing the tracks. It didnt specify who the vocals were by but Im sure Ill be able to tell the difference between Von and anyone else.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Correl wrote:Recently I bought a tape off ebay from a seller Ive bought things from before. So far he's been relyable and honest about the products. When I receive it in the mail Ill take pictures and try to copy it into a CD format and offer it up for weeding. It was advertised as being much darker then the final product. It had was in cassette case with a maroonish-dust-red and black merciful release logo insert listing the tracks. It didnt specify who the vocals were by but Im sure Ill be able to tell the difference between Von and anyone else.
Any luck?
Correl
Road Kill

Yup, I received it two days ago. Its fairly different. I honestly dont know if its real or not. If you want a copy I can send you one on tape. There's definetly voices that arent eldritch, But I dont listen to James ray Alen vega etc. enough to know if thats them or not. Im willing to send out several copies to whoever pm's me.

If tapes are acceptable Ill just offer it up for weeding.

Forgot to mention. The tape doesnt look like any they carry around here (Texas) Its got a sticker that says Sisters of mercy- floodland demo tapes written in pen. IT says sisters of mercy in Red on a black background on the edge. On the front it says Sisters of mercy in black with a rectangular red background. Over the Circle within a Circle logo. It has 2 tracks on the B side not listed on the insert. ( a Very odd No time to cry and poison door. ) Its got the Alice Master Recording on it as well. Not sure what to make of it and a second opinion would be appreciated.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Very odd "No Time To Cry" wouldn't be the one with the really high-pitched singing off the July '84 Peel session would it? A session where they also performed "Poison Door"...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Correl
Road Kill

oook. Minor problem with the tapes for those checking. The cost of all the tapes shipped and bought. Is around 80 dollars :eek: . Ill still be sending every one I promised. Ill be sending them in waves of two or three though :| . I apologize for the inconvinience, the order will be random.
Petseri
Overbomber

Correl wrote:oook. Minor problem with the tapes for those checking. The cost of all the tapes shipped and bought. Is around 80 dollars :eek: . Ill still be sending every one I promised. Ill be sending them in waves of two or three though :| . I apologize for the inconvinience, the order will be random.
How many people are asking for a copy? :eek: Maybe it would be more practical (and less costly) if someone could make a copy to CD and then reweediit from there if it is somethng not on the demos weed. :notworthy:

Martin
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Petseri wrote:
Correl wrote:oook. Minor problem with the tapes for those checking. The cost of all the tapes shipped and bought. Is around 80 dollars :eek: . Ill still be sending every one I promised. Ill be sending them in waves of two or three though :| . I apologize for the inconvinience, the order will be random.
How many people are asking for a copy? :eek: Maybe it would be more practical (and less costly) if someone could make a copy to CD and then reweediit from there if it is somethng not on the demos weed. :notworthy:

Martin
Or perhaps make sound files (FLAC, mp3) that could be transferred via the net.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

*thread-necromancy*

Correl, is the offer of these tapes still open?
mh
Above the Chemist

What's the betting they were just the regular demos that are in wide circulation?

What I don't get is why this highly desirable item is being kept so tightly under wraps. This is 2006. All that nonsense was 20 years ago, for effs sake.

Must be a trader thing. Sigh.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Well, every collector has something they like to keep to themselves (even me). But Correl did say he'd send some tapes, so..