Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
So who'll win the World Cup...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Planet Dave
Overbomber

PostPost #176  Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are Trinidad & Tobago out then? Aww ballox. Evil or Very Mad

Good news is, I'll be playing cricket on Saturday, thus it figures that England will win 6-0, assuming no more numpties break their leg on a blade of grass.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

PostPost #177  Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

brazil will crash out to france, and we can have them
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #178  Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There was no football today...... I mean....jezuz .... <goes cold turkey>
canon docre
Overbomber

PostPost #179  Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Almiche V wrote:
There was no football today...... I mean....jezuz .... <goes cold turkey>

It feels horrible, doesn't it? I dont know what will be once it's finally over. Sad
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #180  Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I love it, even down to games like Portugal - Holland when the footy was 2nd to how many players were booked. Even the non footy friends I watched it with were gobsmacked. The World Cup is such a great event. When the Euro Cup was in this country there was a great vibe around. Lap it up while it's with you canon mate Cool
canon docre
Overbomber

PostPost #181  Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Almiche V wrote:
I love it, even down to games like Portugal - Holland when the footy was 2nd to how many players were booked. Even the non footy friends I watched it with were gobsmacked. The World Cup is such a great event. When the Euro Cup was in this country there was a great vibe around. Lap it up while it's with you canon mate Cool

Yeah, the vibe is truly amazing over here. Literally everyone is watching on the street. All bars, restaurant etc just put a TV and chairs outside and the party starts. No fights (at least I wasnt involved in any so far...) just good mood from all nationalities. *

I would recommend everyone to come over for the party. It's unique. Cool We are not worthy!

To put this into perspective, I was really against the whole thing before. I expected marauding hooligans causing the city traffic to collapse and all that kind of things.... But no... just a great party.
Jaimie1980
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #182  Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I guess England only have to win three more games to win it but to be ruthlessly honest, on the form they've shown up to this point I don't see it. They haven't beaten any really good sides yet. Not meaning to be depressing.
hallucienate
Overbomber

PostPost #183  Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

canon docre wrote:
Almiche V wrote:

Yeah, the vibe is truly amazing over here. Literally everyone is watching on the street. All bars, restaurant etc just put a TV and chairs outside and the party starts. No fights (at least I wasnt involved in any so far...) just good mood from all nationalities. *

I would recommend everyone to come over for the party. It's unique. Cool We are not worthy!

To put this into perspective, I was really against the whole thing before. I expected marauding hooligans causing the city traffic to collapse and all that kind of things.... But no... just a great party.

Hopefully we can pull off the same vibe here in 2010 Cool
scotty
Overbomber

PostPost #184  Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just heard an Australian soccer fan was arrested after the game in Germany, charged with assaulting an Italian Soccer fan. The Italian fan suffered fractures, bruising, abrasions and a fractured skull. As a result of these horrendous injuries, the Italian man has anxiety, depression and has now developed Diabetes. The Australian was 20 metres away at the time of the attack. The Italian is expected to make a full recovery in 5 minutes.
Twisted Evil
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

PostPost #185  Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

*snigger*
samplehead
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #186  Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am getting nervous....8 and half hours left !

Going to a pub to watch the german - argentinia match, that will be lots of fun having some beer and singing with my friends.

And btw the germany will make it today Very Happy

Fiiiiiiiiiinale !!!
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

PostPost #187  Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

samplehead wrote:

Fiiiiiiiiiinale !!!

So why are you nervous then? It wasn't me...
samplehead
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #188  Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ozpat wrote:
samplehead wrote:

Fiiiiiiiiiinale !!!

So why are you nervous then? It wasn't me...

I don´t know. There is no rational explanation for it, i am feeling like the night for an exam. Even you have learned...

anyway i am looking forward to drinking some beer Mr. Green

and wish you all a pleaseant and friendly world cup
iesus
Overbomber

PostPost #189  Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i really don't know which out of Argentina or Germany will win today...
i am expecting a very exciting and hard match to be played, not so fantastic but a nervous one...
i am expecting that the one who wins today will be the world champion this time Smile

Greetz We are not worthy!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #190  Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

iesus wrote:
i am expecting that the one who wins today will be the world champion this time Smile
I think so too.

And my boss is flying to Germany this afternoon for England's game tomorrow, so we're bunking off work early to watch Germany v Argentina.

With many apologies to our German friends, but I'm supporting Argentina. There's a wad of cash in it for me if they win the cup Twisted Evil
Jaimie1980
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #191  Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I have a feeling who wins this will win the competition.
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #192  Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mr. Green

http://www.poison-door.net/
nowayjose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #193  Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to see Germany vs. England in the final, although it's most likely not going to happen. Not because I like the confrontation but because they're the teams I like best (due to Scotland having failed to qualify...)
Another Brazil win would be very boring.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #194  Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just under 12 hours until it's our turn in the mixer.

If we're going to win it we need more swagger, some arrogance and some flirty play. And when we're on top, we stay on top. Don't kick back and defend like we've done before - gotta keep the threat of scoring there aswell. Checkout Rooney, he's an example they need to follow (even though playing him up front on his own is stoopid) and Becks. And the Cole men need to deliver the goods - lots of trickery and taking players on. Play Roons and Crouch up front for a winning combo. But ffs don't let Lumpard shoot....... Wierded Out

Come oooooooooooonnnn.....
canon docre
Overbomber

PostPost #195  Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Best of luck today, my English friends.

We're waitíng for you in Berlin / Olympiastadium.

Twisted Evil Kiss
scotty
Overbomber

PostPost #196  Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ian Wright really doesn't like Sven does he Surprised Laughing Laughing
Dark
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #197  Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And it's over. We're coming home.

Like I said we would all day. Laughing
hallucienate
Overbomber

PostPost #198  Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bummer dudes.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #199  Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was watching Pingu but caught the last 5 minutes, un-bl00dy-lucky

Rooney not so much the flavour of the month now is he?
robertzombie
Overbomber

PostPost #200  Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

never mind Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12

Jump to: