Nephilim Tour Cancelled?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Big Si
School Bully

Subject: FIELDS OF THE NEPHILIM CANCEL TOUR

Dear Promoter,

It is with great regret that I have to send you the below press release.

Yours faithfully

Isobel

"Due to external factors beyond the band's control, 7 Management are disappointed to have to announce that Fields of the Nephilim are unable to commit to the proposed UK and European tour under the circumstances currently prevailing. This has been a decision only reached after much anguish and debate, and has been made with the long term interests of both the band and their loyal followers.
Carl McCoy would like to make the following personal statement to the band's fans, who we are sure will be bitterly disappointed at this unwelcome news.
'With 2006 having been such a positive year for both me and the band, foregoing the opportunity to meet up with fans new and old has come as a bitter blow to me both personally and professionally. I am sure the unforeseen difficulties that have led to the cancellation will be resolved, and I look forward to the possibility of making fresh plans for early next year. Getting the band back on the road has been an ambition of mine for some considerable time, but I feel it would be an injustice to our incredibly loyal fan base to continue under the present circumstances.'
On behalf of both Fields of the Nephilim, and ourselves, 7 Management would like to sincerely apologise for having to announce such disappointing news."

:( :evil:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
mh
Above the Chemist

Carl throws a wobbler, part 1,458,562,147,658,215.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Big Si
School Bully

Yep it's official, Tour Cancelled :(
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Those wishing to say "I told you so" feel free to pm me.

Those wishing to be more constructive, feel free to suggest what other
mischief I can get up to in Glasgow on a Saturday night.
And keep 'em clean, please. I'm a happily married man.
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Pat
Slight Overbomber

Babyshambles hit the road this autumn, playing Glasgow's Carling Academy on Saturday 18th November. Tickets are £27 + booking fee and are on sale Friday 11/08 at 9am.

:roll: :innocent:
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Pat wrote:Babyshambles hit the road this autumn, playing Glasgow's Carling Academy on Saturday 18th November. Tickets are £27 + booking fee and are on sale Friday 11/08 at 9am.

:roll: :innocent:
Aye, it's no' like Pete Doherty to cancel a gig, is it?
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
canon docre
Overbomber

*Sigh* The excuse sounds a bit flowery. "unforeseen difficulties" and all that. :roll: Does anybody have an idea about the real reason?
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
Pat
Slight Overbomber

Erudite wrote:
I'm sure he'll bring his own "flour".
mh
Above the Chemist

Pat wrote:
Erudite wrote:
I'm sure he'll bring his own "flour".
And he doesn't need yellow contacts. :innocent:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Big Si
School Bully

canon docre wrote:*Sigh* The excuse sounds a bit flowery. "unforeseen difficulties" and all that. :roll: Does anybody have an idea about the real reason?
Yes, and I know she won't say so I won't even try by asking her :|
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
mh
Above the Chemist

Big Si wrote:
canon docre wrote:*Sigh* The excuse sounds a bit flowery. "unforeseen difficulties" and all that. :roll: Does anybody have an idea about the real reason?
Yes, and I know she won't say so I won't even try by asking her :|
It's happened before, and always seems to happen just as the Nephs are about to kickstart something.
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Bugger. :evil:

I was just about to get my ticket, but decided to see what was new on heartland first.

I was looking forward to that. Damn and blast.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Cock! Now I've no excuse not to go to see the Cult in September (heard a couple of recent gig recordings - ouch :urff: ), as I have no other financial strains. Bloody Nephs. Still, they were ace in 2000, back to the memories, not to mention hunting down a cd boot of the gig.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

He's a fuckintwatwanballedjumpedupweearsetoofuckinscaredtodojustaboutanything

How did this man ever release a fekin album?

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
:evil: :evil: W@nk Stain!!!! :evil: :evil:
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Planet Dave wrote:Cock! Now I've no excuse not to go to see the Cult in September (heard a couple of recent gig recordings - ouch :urff: ), as I have no other financial strains. Bloody Nephs. Still, they were ace in 2000, back to the memories, not to mention hunting down a cd boot of the gig.
Get yer ticket Dave and we can have a wee party!!!!
scotty
Overbomber

:roll: :evil:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

weebleswobble wrote:
Planet Dave wrote:Cock! Now I've no excuse not to go to see the Cult in September (heard a couple of recent gig recordings - ouch :urff: ), as I have no other financial strains. Bloody Nephs. Still, they were ace in 2000, back to the memories, not to mention hunting down a cd boot of the gig.
Get yer ticket Dave and we can have a wee party!!!!
A wee party? Deffo. What're the rules? Furthest back from the stage whose 'stream' hits Astbury in the mush wins? Where do I sign?

Yeah, why not, I'll get a tkt. 8)
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Muppet
Amphetamine Filth

That's a right bloody shame.....

But, having struggled for days in a prolonged "Nephilim vs Tool" debate.... I went and bought Tool tickets. So, if Mr McCoy decides to actually get off his arse in the new year, maybe I can get to see them after all!!!

I suspect that's it's all to do with musicians, and getting someone to be able to play the "Mourning Sun" album live. It was never going to be easy; lets just hope he can find someone to do the Nephilim justice. Better a postponed tour than a substandard one, liable to spoil the reputation of the Neffs.
"You've a pretty good command of English, for a vole..."
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Better a postponed tour than a substandard one, liable to spoil the reputation of the Neffs.
I agree whole heartly.

*cough*SISTERSASTORIA*cough*

At least I can afford my VNV ticket now. And I spent my allocated nephs money on the lost playground festival ticket.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
mh
Above the Chemist

Maisey wrote:
Better a postponed tour than a substandard one, liable to spoil the reputation of the Neffs.
I agree whole heartly.

At least I can afford my VNV ticket now. And I spent my allocated nephs money on the lost playground festival ticket.
Depends on how you define "substandard". I get the impression that Carl might be a hyper-perfectionist with major self doubt, whereas I also get the impression that if he blew his nose on stage while the band played spoons and a comb, a certain amount of his fans would pronounce themselves happy.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Maisey wrote:
I agree whole heartly.

Ooh sh1t yeah, forgot about that. Any idea what date they're playing Rock City, Maisey?
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

...And neither have I. Plus diesel saved from the aborted Nottingham trip will go towards the ticket :D

And keep hunting for that Neff CD :wink:
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Norman Hunter wrote:
...And neither have I. Plus diesel saved from the aborted Nottingham trip will go towards the ticket :D

And keep hunting for that Neff CD :wink:
One more for the Sonic Temple! 8)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

B O L L O C K S

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i read that as "carl cannot get a band together"
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?