all 3 albums reissued with bonus tracks.

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
hallucienate
Overbomber

As mentioned on Dominion:
clicky
aims
Overbomber

Please let this be a sign of things to come.

Which of course it isn't, since Warner own the bloody things.

Needless to say, I'll be buying them anyway unless we get a BaxCorp warning similar to SSV :lol:
Deviate_Love
Road Kill

hallucienate wrote:As mentioned on Dominion:
clicky
You have GOT to be bloody joking...right?????
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

yezz and as extra :innocent: :innocent: you'll get all the new songs and all the covers they ever did in a 200% sound quality :lol: :lol: :lol: that'll be the day ;D :notworthy: :notworthy:
MUSICA È
limur
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

:urff: :eek:
...train, crashin' head long into the heartland...

Pushing Good Music #PGM www.livemusicreview.co.uk
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

The Warners think: hah, eighties. It's hip again. Let's fool the kids. Let's say Bloc Party love Sisters. Let's say Panic At The Disco are fans.

and we will not even notice one change of content on the original sisters page, trust me.
Badlander
Overbomber

Deviate_Love wrote: You have GOT to be bloody joking...right?????
Why is that ? We may still live to see some new TSOM products after all. I think this is very likely, especially since these releases don't contain any real new material.
Hope this is true and looking forward to it. 8)
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Deviate_Love
Road Kill

Badlander wrote:
Deviate_Love wrote: You have GOT to be bloody joking...right?????
Why is that ? We may still live to see some new TSOM products after all. I think this is very likely, especially since these releases don't contain any real new material.
Hope this is true and looking forward to it. 8)
FFS......the people on this list should probably have the 'bonus' material already. So what are we talking about??? Am I going to buy the lot anyways?????? Probably. As I am a completist. But this really is selling out.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

It is true, but to us, deadly fans (ahem), it's no new material and not surprising neither that the Warner Nazi's take such money driven action. REAL snobbish he!

snobnose
guns & cars & accidents
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

Blood money
Bury me deep
Long train

not sure though whether I heard if these songs before :oops: :oops: Are these B-tracks of some singles ? :?: :roll:
MUSICA È
WeirdSinisterGhostly
Road Kill

This is a sign that new material is on the way. Warners aren't stupid (Well :von: would probably disagree), but if they have caught wind of new Sister's product, they will re-issue to capitalise on the event. Vision Thing re-issue doesn't look that great. Could have included YCBTO.

Oh they did.
Last edited by WeirdSinisterGhostly on 21 Sep 2006, 15:47, edited 1 time in total.
aims
Overbomber

Deviate_Love wrote:FFS......the people on this list should probably have the 'bonus' material already. So what are we talking about??? Am I going to buy the lot anyways?????? Probably. As I am a completist. But this really is selling out.
Those of us who weren't born in time to get a mint copy of the originals beg to differ. That said, my main interest is still in seeing if anyone managed to undo the "Damage Done" by Steinmann to Floodland :innocent:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

stefanmoermans wrote:Blood money
Bury me deep
Long train

not sure though whether I heard if these songs before :oops: :oops: Are these B-tracks of some singles ? :?: :roll:
Blood Money and Bury Me Deep are B-sides to No Time To Cry

Long Train is on the B-side of Lucretia.
Motz wrote:seeing if anyone managed to undo the "Damage Done" by Steinmann to Floodland
What? :eek: Wash your mouth out! :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
hallucienate
Overbomber

I see it as a nice chance to get some vinyl only stuff on CD.

Some kind of stranger (early) and Never land (full length) could be interesting.
Petseri
Overbomber

I will believe it when I see it, but it is possible. Some people did not think that the box set of the three CDs was legit, but it is indeed an Australian release. I hope that it does turn out to be true. Some of these have not been on CD previously (like Bury Me Deep), so that part is cool. No need to worry if a CD player is going to eat a 3" CD anymore. ;D (No, I am not trying to spark a vinyl vs. CD debate.) I will not get my hopes up, but it would be nice to see these out.

Never Land (full length) = James will be happy.

You Could Be the One on Vision Thing? Expected in light ofd the other additions. Shudder nevertheless.

Is the release date just in time for Halloween? :innocent:
czuczu
Overbomber

Lot of moaning for tracks previously unreleased on CD being made available, only surprised it's taken them this long to do.
Even the price is vaguely OK. Don't hold out much hope for the 'remastering' tho..
Deviate_Love
Road Kill

Petseri wrote:I will believe it when I see it, but it is possible. Some people did not think that the box set of the three CDs was legit, but it is indeed an Australian release. I hope that it does turn out to be true. Some of these have not been on CD previously (like Bury Me Deep), so that part is cool. No need to worry if a CD player is going to eat a 3" CD anymore. ;D (No, I am not trying to spark a vinyl vs. CD debate.) I will not get my hopes up, but it would be nice to see these out.

Never Land (full length) = James will be happy.

You Could Be the One on Vision Thing? Expected in light ofd the other additions. Shudder nevertheless.

Is the release date just in time for Halloween? :innocent:

As if you didn't have a cd version of Bury Me Deep.....Yeah, RIGHT! :roll:
aims
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:
Motz wrote:seeing if anyone managed to undo the "Damage Done" by Steinmann to Floodland
What? :eek: Wash your mouth out! :lol:
Don't get me wrong, I love what he does conceptually and arrangement-wise, but I can't stand brick-wall limitting. To me, the live "Vision Thing with Some Girls production" sound of Floodland tracks wipes the floor with what was committed to record.
Last edited by aims on 21 Sep 2006, 16:08, edited 1 time in total.
Petseri
Overbomber

Has anyone seen this offered elsewhere?
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Petseri wrote:Has anyone seen this offered elsewhere?
Had a check on Amazon and no change to the normal ones -
did see this though -
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tribute-Sisters ... 10?ie=UTF8

"A Tribute to Sisters of Mercy [Import]
Not yet published: you may still order this title. We will dispatch it to you when we receive it from the publisher."
Todays sarcasm is tomorrow's news
Deviate_Love
Road Kill

Martin...just shut up... I am dealing with the fact that I am going to have to buy ANOTHER 3 cd's....bolllocks... :P :twisted:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Motz wrote:Don't get me wrong, I love what he does conceptually and arrangement-wise, but I can't stand brick-wall limitting. To me, the live "Vision Thing with Some Girls production" sound of Floodland tracks wipes the floor with what was committed to record.
Ah right. Fair enough then. :)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Badlander
Overbomber

Deviate_Love wrote: As if you didn't have a cd version of Bury Me Deep.....Yeah, RIGHT! :roll:
It is on Some boys... but for this compilation they used the old vinyls and the sound quality is no more than average. There was no remastering whatsoever, so proper CD versions of the 84-85 b-sides sounds alright to me.
It's not going to change my world, but it could be nice. I hope we'll get nice booklets as well.
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

So, at last I'll have the chance to buy some new CDs, or will they come on vinyl as well? ;D

Probably Sisters don't have a thing to do with it, but hey, what did you expect?
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
WeirdSinisterGhostly
Road Kill

Tiefer, tiefer, irgendwo in der Tiefe gibt es ein Licht.