Anne-Marie, the Skeletals and Ghost Dance

Know the whereabouts of any ex-Sisters members or hangers-on? Got any amusing anecdotes about members of the band, past or present? Post 'em here...
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Just found an interview with the Skels here (try the "english" button)
[...]
Back in 1985, the relationships between Anne-Marie Hurst and the rest of he band seemed to be pretty difficult. Did you have some artistic problems or was it personal?
Stan: It was probably a mixture of both, I think we were all getting a bit stale and disillusioned with how the band was progressing. Something had to snap and I think the split was inevitable.

When Anne-Marie left Skeletal Family to form Ghost Dance, how was the spirit of the band? How did you feel at the time?
Roger: To be honest I felt let down, though now I can see why she left and would have probably done the same thing in her shoes. It could be said it was a low point for the band. We were prepared for it though and once the new line up was settled we did some of our best stuff
[...]
Anne-Marie didn't come back with you for the reunion of Skeletal Family. Was it her own choice?
Stan: The problem we had with Anne-Marie is that we did the photo session earlier last year and she was willing to do a few one off gigs, she then had problems moving house etc and appeared to have cold feet. [...] Anne-Marie still lives a couple of miles down the road at present she has moved house and is involved with her husband and two children. There is still a good chance she will do something with the band in the future
[...]
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
Dan
Overbomber

I might as well add here that before the first Skeletals family reunion gig in December'02, they'd done some rehearsals with Anne-Marie (and had photos of them together in local press) but just a coupla of days before the gig it was clear she wouldn't be able to make it (apparently she has a very possessive husband and he forbade her to go!), so they called up Katrina (Anne-Marie's replacement in 1985/86) and she flew all the way fron New York just to do the gig!
PipoTheClown
Amphetamine Filth

scotty
Overbomber

Dan wrote:I might as well add here that before the first Skeletals family reunion gig in December'02, they'd done some rehearsals with Anne-Marie (and had photos of them together in local press) but just a coupla of days before the gig it was clear she wouldn't be able to make it (apparently she has a very possessive husband and he forbade her to go!), so they called up Katrina (Anne-Marie's replacement in 1985/86) and she flew all the way fron New York just to do the gig!
I got a photo of that shoot from the "Keighly News", I'll up load it later.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
vicus

scotty wrote:
Dan wrote:I might as well add here that before the first Skeletals family reunion gig in December'02, they'd done some rehearsals with Anne-Marie (and had photos of them together in local press) but just a coupla of days before the gig it was clear she wouldn't be able to make it (apparently she has a very possessive husband and he forbade her to go!), so they called up Katrina (Anne-Marie's replacement in 1985/86) and she flew all the way fron New York just to do the gig!
http://www.skeletalfamily.com/knbig.jpg
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

scotty
Overbomber

vicus wrote:
scotty wrote:
http://www.skeletalfamily.com/knbig.jpg
That's the one vicus, I've got the actual full length photo, I'm still trying to figure out "Photobucket" though :roll: :oops:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
scotty
Overbomber

scotty wrote:
John_Adrenochrome
Road Kill

Well, after nearly 20 years away from the stage, Anne-Marie is back. :D

Here's the link...

http://www.myspace.com/annemariehurst
nodubmanshouts

Very nice she's back and all, but how about a real website, or at least something on Facebook? My Space is a bit... well.... naff.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

christ on a bike, a moan before it's even got started!

Welcome back Anne-Marie :notworthy: :kiss:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

nodubmanshouts wrote:Very nice she's back and all, but how about a real website, or at least something on Facebook? My Space is a bit... well.... naff.
and fackbook gives any more chance that something is in real/something gonna happen ?
vicus

:notworthy:

Dark
Underneath the Rock

YES! She's BACK! :D :notworthy:

So.. any word on a potential Ghost Dance reunion? ;D
James Blast
Banned

can she sing yet?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Big Si
School Bully

nodubmanshouts wrote:Very nice she's back and all, but how about a real website, or at least something on Facebook? My Space is a bit... well.... naff.
But it's the best available for viral-marketing music.

Facebook's alright for status updates in the vein of Twitter, and has taken over from Bebo for sharing pictures, but it can in no way compete with myspace when it comes to marketing music.
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
nodubmanshouts

Wasn't meant as a moan - I'm glad she's back, just a friendly suggestion; I don't know a single person out here on the West Coast who still uses MySpace for promotion or anything. Facebook has some nice integration features for spreading the word - the recent Phono Reunions being an excellent example of a small success.
Big Si
School Bully

nodubmanshouts wrote:Wasn't meant as a moan - I'm glad she's back, just a friendly suggestion; I don't know a single person out here on the West Coast who still uses MySpace for promotion or anything. Facebook has some nice integration features for spreading the word - the recent Phono Reunions being an excellent example of a small success.
Aye a website with even a forum would be nice, but as MySpace is pretty much free to run it's networking and marketing tools would be rather attractive to a "hard working Wife and Mother of two kids, with a knowledge of computers" :wink:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

nodubmanshouts wrote:...I don't know a single person out here on the West Coast who still uses MySpace for promotion or anything...
You may not, but I know many, and a lot of them are in SoCal, not just in the PacNW. 8)
Big Si wrote:But it's the best available for viral-marketing music.
Exactamente. Not to mention Facebook's graphic interface bites... :|
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
nodubmanshouts

Ugh, really? I think MySpace is the worst for user interface... but each to their own. Facebook has double the number of active users over MySpace now... if you follow the common rule that the value of a social network is the square of its users, that makes FB 4 times more useful over MySpace :)

Still, at the end of a day, a web space is a web space...
Big Si
School Bully

nodubmanshouts wrote:Ugh, really? I think MySpace is the worst for user interface... but each to their own. Facebook has double the number of active users over MySpace now... if you follow the common rule that the value of a social network is the square of its users, that makes FB 4 times more useful over MySpace :)

Still, at the end of a day, a web space is a web space...
Aye yer right about user interface, but MySpace does appear more music orientated than Facebook.

Anyway, you gonnae start an Anne-Marie appreciation group on Facebook then? :D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
nodubmanshouts

Hehe, well there's already Skeletal Family and Ghost Dance ones! There's even a MyHeartland one!

If AM needs a proper site, that-there QB chappy is apparently a dab hand with HTML and a copy of vi... or so I hear! :innocent:
Pista
Cureboi

James Blast wrote:can she sing yet?
:lol: :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy: :lol: :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Better than Fat Bob. :P
James Blast
Banned

sure?

better than mad auld Aunty GP'Orridge tho, I've done more tuneful anal blaasts than that clint!

Charlatan!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dark
Underneath the Rock

True. But it was still a crackin' gig. 8)