06 May - UEA - Norwich

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
bushman*pm
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Just our luck, live in Lodon so Astoria gig on the nite we fly back from Ireland!
We drive to UEA, stay at the saloubrious Holiday Inn (which apparently the band stayed at and we didnt see em!)
Got v pissed @ union bar & v cheaply i might add, the gig was amazing, fcukin totally blew me away!
Even the missus was more impressed than she was expecting!
We were well too pissed to comment on the sound other than what it sounded to us was ok but we were 2 rows from the front, well pissed and dancing most of the way through!
Had a bloody fantastic night and if a fat old goatee'd geezer pissed you off im sorry!
just havin a good time!!
Even went bak 2 th union bar after where wifey & i indulged in more alcohol and a snog or two!!!
gr8 nite out & if anyone can help me get the crappy piccys from my phone 2 th computer & onto this forum lemmy kno!!
cheers 4 a gr8 nite out!!
LAND ROVER: THE BEAST FOUR BY FOUR BY FEAR! KICKS THE ARSE OFF RICEBURNERS!
Life-er
Road Kill

Didn't see any pissed, goatee'd geezer pissing me off.....glad you had fun though.
Saw a pissed off stage manager telling someone (who was haveing lots of fun) to get off her friends shoulders a few times (boooo, hissss) and saw a BIG bearded (Gimley??) sound manager in charge of the boards too.
As for 'phone to PC....if you don't have Bluetooth or E-mail on 'phone then......try hitting 'phone with hammer until small enough to feed into disk-drive......have lots of beer before doing this though !
(or use a card-reader if you saved 'photos onto the 'phones memory card......)
Donald
Road Kill

It's a pity that it being too quiet is enough to ruin it for some people. For me it was a pleasant change. I was expecting it after London but my hearing is screwed anyway. I thought Killing Joke were quiet in Cambridge but my wife told me they weren't :?
czuczu
Overbomber

Brideoffrankenstein wrote: Image
:von: That's gotta be Dominion - I always miss those little sidelights at the gigs but they're 8)

Just heard from someone on another site (I know.. :lol: ) who saw them for them for the first time in years (since 90 I think). Anyway, the gig was "top form, loud & clear and perfect".
Why is it the venue is always full at the end of the night when everyone apparently left cos of the sound?!?

& I want a pool rematch! :D
Andie
Overbomber

czuczu wrote:I want a pool rematch! :D
:notworthy: :notworthy:

not a feckin chance :innocent:
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
Francis
Overbomber

czuczu wrote:I want a pool rematch!
Me too. Beaten by a girl!
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Burn wrote:
czuczu wrote:I want a pool rematch! :D
:notworthy: :notworthy:

not a feckin chance :innocent:
didn't i beat everyone that night? ;D
yes,this review of the evening is a tad late but my memory of it is crystal clear (unlike leeds) and untainted by personal shit (unlike nottingham).

first off, the cunts who drew the map on the back of the ticket need broken glass force-fed to them for the rest of their lives as it misleadingly showed a b-road 17 miles from norwich as being around the corner from UEA....so twatto here (already running late due to the weather) had to do a ridiculously illegal speed down the windiest numpty lane in the flatlands to ensure i arrived on time. fortunately being full of a different kind of "distance over time" i got there before the doors opened and, thanks to better placed HLers (czuzu,cell three and burn) managed to jump 3/4 of the fairly long queue.
after looking nothing like keith out of the prodigy (by no means the first time anyone's said that) i was bought the first of many "only one,i'm driving" drinks and said brief hellos to (amongst others) emily strange and bof; the latter's comment earlier in this thread about the support band being spot-on (not sure if i caught them much in leeds.)

so- the main event: after standing front-row ben-side at leeds i took the front-row extreme chris-side (in front of von is far too near our friend with the mini-disc for me to bawl along to every song). mr.catalyst is a true performer, giving it his all jumping around and posturing whilst looking like he was having the best time. the band played as well if not better than at leeds and the sound was clear, just not very loud.there were a bunch of dickheads somewhere around the centre whose brainless heckling during the songs could be heard but the band was still perfectly audible. mr catalyst forgot that there was a third verse to "this corrosion" and eldritch kindly backed him up making the end refrain the longest ever ; but apart from that there were no howling gaffs. the "new stuff" is familiar to most of us here but again, to those who it wasn't i have to say "shut the f**k up and listen". it's certainly strong enough live to stand up against the "classics"; in fact i would be disappointed if they didn't play "summer" "crash and burn" and "susanne".
when they came back on for the encore i tried to blag a fag off of chris and was told to fuck off in the nicest possible way, which i thought was cool. however not as cool as getting a setlist which i later got signed by chris and ben in the bar after. lovely blokes both of them; and after i'd fucked off some stupid groupie-types who were wittering on at them about hairspray or something equally vaccuous, chris chatted to us for ages -even after we'd all been thrown out because the place had closed.

to all the other HLers whose names i've not mentioned (andrew s,eva - there were a few of us i'm sure! ) good to see you all again or to have met you depending which was the case. to the two sisters' guitarists thank you for being humble enough to talk to us and genuinely chuffed when i said i thought it was the best live line-up since gary marx left.which it is. :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
James Blast
Banned

Now do you see why I wanted this Mad Bovril back!?

Brilliant as ever Lee, yir light has not dimmed. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
BillyBadBreaks
Fat Forgetful Bastard

James Blast wrote:Now do you see why I wanted this Mad Bovril back!?

Brilliant as ever Lee, yir light has not dimmed. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
What did happen to EMWK? :oops:
You still think swastikas look cool
The real nazis run your schools
They're coaches, businessmen and cops
In a real fourth reich you'll be the first to go
eastmidswhizzkid

BillyBadBreaks wrote:
James Blast wrote:Now do you see why I wanted this Mad Bovril back!?

What did happen to EMWK? :oops:
he gave up sex,drugs and rock'n'roll to pursue a career in religious fundamentalism and was last seen preparing for armageddon, high on the love of the baby jesus. i bought his heartland account off of ebay for 30 pieces of silver (plate). :wink:

BillyBadBreaks
Fat Forgetful Bastard

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:he gave up sex,drugs and rock'n'roll to pursue a career in religious fundamentalism and was last seen preparing for armageddon, high on the love of the baby jesus. i bought his heartland account off of ebay for 30 pieces of silver (plate). :wink:
Well, I am glad I asked! :lol:
eastmidswhizzkid

morning jeff -how's tricks? 8)

weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:morning jeff -how's tricks? 8)
Place is full of insomniacs tonight :D
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Gimme_The_Ring
Amphetamine Filth

eastmidswhizzkid: I was standing next to you in the queue, can you vaguely remember a six foot ginger geezer wearing a light blue Sisters t-shirt? Probably not! :wink:
czuczu
Overbomber

How many gingers can we get in this thread?! :twisted:
Gimme_The_Ring
Amphetamine Filth

czuczu wrote:How many gingers can we get in this thread?! :twisted:
Every topic needs more gingers!! ;)
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Gimme_The_Ring wrote:
czuczu wrote:How many gingers can we get in this thread?! :twisted:
Every topic needs more gingers!! ;)
We are Gods Chosen 8)
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
BillyBadBreaks
Fat Forgetful Bastard

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:morning jeff -how's tricks? 8)
not too shabby! :D