Mish Songs Ref. Sisterhood/Split

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

:lol:

aye ;D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
RetroGoth
Amphetamine Filth

Syberberg wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:
RetroGoth wrote: I could go on and on about the other stuff that was lifted from DOA's stuff...
:eek: :notworthy:

please do :idea: :D
Then we can copy and paste said info onto The Mish offical forum. Or am I just being evil?
You evil? Not sure about that but I don't want to incur a wrath from those sick, twisted fucks who infest the MWIS noticeboards or whatever it's called with drivel who obviously have more than a screw loose. "Sexually imature rabid bitches" sprang to mind when I last read something there. Not that I go there these days.

Pussey can't write his own songs. Bowie's "Hero's" got turned into two songs on the Neverland album ("Swoon" and "Swim With The Dolphins") and then there's Pussey's fondness for Cure records which also appears on the same album. I forget the titles now. Then there was that "Evangaline" song, ripping off "First And Last And Always". I wonder what Mr Marx thought when his song was ripped off by that short-arsed little pervert? I think we should have a "Pussey Spotting" thread which lists all the songs he's pinched stuff from. Or am I being a bastard?

Here's an evil little thought. If Dead Or Alive's "You Spin Me Round" hadn't topped the charts in 1985, then Pussey's band might have fizzled out before it had got going. Aparently, his royalty's from the B Side (Misty Circles, a rather good song I must admit) funded the early videos.
On the other hand, the brain of an idiot seldom weighs more than 23oz - Gray's Anatomy
James Blast
Banned

I take it Led Zeppelin is not allowed?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
RetroGoth
Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:
RetroGoth wrote: I could go on and on about the other stuff that was lifted from DOA's stuff...
:eek: :notworthy:

please do :idea: :D
I'll have to dig out my early DOA stuff again but from the top of my head... From their first album, Sophisticated Boom Boom, there was a track that opened up side two called "You Make Me Wanna". Sounds an awful lot like "Coming Home", the only single from Pussey's "Blue" album in 1996 - before the split. That made me laugh when they called it a day back then!
On the other hand, the brain of an idiot seldom weighs more than 23oz - Gray's Anatomy
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Say,
RetroGoth wrote:Not sure about that but I don't want to incur a wrath from those sick, twisted fucks who infest the MWIS noticeboards or whatever it's called with drivel who obviously have more than a screw loose. "Sexually imature rabid bitches" sprang to mind when I last read something there.
Do we need these type of misogynistic rants here?
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Karst wrote:misogynistic rants
You rang?
анархия
RetroGoth
Amphetamine Filth

smiscandlon wrote:
Karst wrote:misogynistic rants
You rang?
Nope. Unless it was my doppeldanger.
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Do the decent thing and edit it out man.
RetroGoth
Amphetamine Filth

I don't feel the need to edit my post, nor will I do so. I am entitled to make an opinion about an observation I made and I stand by it. I'm sorry if you don't like it but that's my right to free speech.

There were a great deal of sexually-immature ramblings on the MWIS notice boards from what seemed to be a handful of nutters, groupies or whatever when I used to look at it in the past. They also seemed to use it to attack other people which is inexcusable. That is not what a band forum is about. Hopefully now, it won't be about groupies getting wet whenever the name wayne husey is mentioned. That's not to say everyone who used it is/was a psycho but as always, it's the few who spoil it for the rest.

It was not my intention to offend all m*****n fans by the way, I'm sorry if you took it as offence. If you like the band, I'm happy for you. I don't like the m*****n and I loathe the singer.

I think we can leave it at that. Flame wars don't do any good for anyone and this forum shouldn't become a venue for rows or whatever.

Anyway, I'm tired and am off to bed...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

RetroGoth wrote:I'm sorry if you don't like it but that's my right to free speech.
Technically, this is not a venue for freee speech. This site is paid for and owned by Quiff Boy. That being said, I'm not going to barge in and edit the comments out. I don't think there's any real need. (Sorry Karst.)
RetroGoth wrote:Flame wars don't do any good for anyone and this forum shouldn't become a venue for rows or whatever.
Well said. 8)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Rafster
Amphetamine Filth

RetroGoth wrote:There were a great deal of sexually-immature ramblings on the MWIS notice boards.
and
RetroGoth wrote: They also seemed to use it to attack other people which is inexcusable. That is not what a band forum is about.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mr Alphabet
Road Kill

the hussbag has always been known for recycling, garden of delight from logic, evangeline from falaa, wastland from marian

i tried playing his like a child again on guitar and i couldnt help playing the intro from losing my religion when doing that child again intro (i think losing my religion was out the year before child)
Potski
Road Kill

Can I be the first one to say

ITS BEEN 21 YEARS!!!!

Give it a rest for G*d sake, both Eldricth and Hussey have moved on, and both of them talk to each other if there at the same venue. The only people carrying on the arguement are the fans. Its over and has been for some time.
James Blast
Banned

You make too much sense Potski what are you doing here? :lol:
Welcome! ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

The best thing to screw us (and Von) is...

If Wayne H. adds "all songs and written by: Andrew Eldritch" in his future record sleeve.

That would be the bitter Judas' Kiss. Really.

Imagine what the radio dj, wikipedia and mediocre rock sites will say for ever and ever...
guns & cars & accidents
H. Blackrose
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Let's sort this out once and for all. What's the worst Hussey lyric ever? My personal suggestion is "Amelia". (Note: I only have GoM and Sum and Substance so there's probably a bunch even worse than I've never heard.)

"Deliverance" is also reasonably awful, but I have a soft spot for it too because I used to love The Mists of Avalon. When I was fifteen.

As to the Sigue Sigue Sputnik website: does Tony know any punctuation apart from the ellipse?
mh
Above the Chemist

Has to be Bridges Burning.

A bizarre collection of whoops, hollers, groans, grunts, shrieks, screams, yelps and yodels, together with one of the earliest (and worst) examples of Wayne just stringing old saws together to make a lyric.

In as much as it's decipherable, it might be about the split, but then again it might also be about Incestuous Dukes in the Tierra Del Fuego. God only knows, and even he might have his work cut out for him.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
James Blast
Banned

I made the right choice, I didn't listen to the lyrics.

Honest!

... well I got as far as "a Serpent's Kiss and the children play, a Serpent's Kiss for the mmmlllummhhh hhhmmmmluhhh..." then it was all bass, guitars and drums
~ Peter Steele
melchy
Road Kill

Im not sure if its been mentioned, but "Wake" was a direct pop at Eldritch. "Alone in your crumbling tower of power".