Sunset Yellow

Got any interesting thoughts on a set of lyrics? Any that don't involve the word "indeed"? Find yourself struggling to decipher all those obtuse references Von makes? Read "1959 And All That" and still no clearer? Nope, us neither. Postcards found lying in a skip around the back of the Chemists can be found here... Don't say you weren't warned.
kafka
Amphetamine Filth

Just some, ahem, food for thought:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunset_yellow
[repeat x40]
kafka
Amphetamine Filth

Oh, and speaking of summer - and I've already written quite a bit about this song so I won't regurgitate it all now - isn't it interesting that "shade" (which I've glossed as make-up, amongst other things) should "make it summer", given that shade typically *blocks* the sunlight? Very Eldritch.
[repeat x40]
Guedzilla
Amphetamine Filth
Location: At the place where the bars never close (not that soon, at least)

So it's about....Doritos? I've always felt that! :lol:

I liked the version that said it was about a woman being abused by her husband or something...

But I think there is one live version on which :von: says "It will never...it will never....rain again..." on the beginning...which brings me to the version that says it's about Europe...and there will be never rain AKA air-nuclear-strike-cold-war-thing again.

My fave of the "new" songs.
Guedzilla
Amphetamine Filth

(Dung, there are ONLY live versions..)
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Guedzilla wrote:(Dung, there are ONLY live versions..)
Never mind. Love your avatar - Gojira does Karaoke.
анархия
Guedzilla
Amphetamine Filth

As silly as I could get it :wink:
James Blast
Banned

Click me. ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

James Blast wrote:
Click me. ;D
I lost a good impresario there...:wink:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
James Blast
Banned

The boy can sing, play and arrange, nae doot aboot that, yir no so bad yirsel n'at bye thi way! :wink:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

James Blast wrote:The boy can sing, play and arrange, nae doot aboot that, yir no so bad yirsel n'at bye thi way! :wink:
Ah, yes. The singing.

Tried it once, was fun until they dragged me off stage... :lol:

I got Japanese people for that now...;)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Guedzilla
Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:
Click me. ;D
I've tried some of these at home...but they didn't sound that good.

Nice guitar work.

You know, when I saw the link I thought "might it be th glorious one having it's kleenex (whatever that is) and remix supplied by Adam (the one that's sitting for about a year or so, if not more, on the official TSOM news section)???". Yeah, right... :roll:
Introducing....Gothzilla?!?
Episkopos
Road Kill

Guedzilla wrote:But I think there is one live version on which :von: says "It will never...it will never....rain again..." on the beginning...which brings me to the version that says it's about Europe...and there will be never rain AKA air-nuclear-strike-cold-war-thing again.
Interesting interpretation. :von:'s used the rain/fallout symbol to death, and he's on record as saying he misses the Cold War, so there could be something in that one.

I've always thought it's about disillusionment; the feelings that powered the album releases just ebbing away on him, with a sharp focus on doomed relationships. It just seems to tie back into Some Kind of Stranger, This Corrosion and the quieter stuff on More, which I always think are shot through with that sense of entrapment; of there being nothing more to say.
Kiss me, I'm Eldritch.
kafka
Amphetamine Filth

I'm pretty much convinced it's about domestic violence, personally. Which isn't to say there aren't more, er, shades of meaning. And there's no real reason that "It will never...it will never....rain again" can't fit into this interpretation, if rain here represents, say, tears or blood (but not sweat); I don't think everything HAS to be political (and in fact I think most of the new songs don't have much to do with the body politic).
[repeat x40]
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

I'm likewise convinced of the domestic-violence meaning -which means von is being rather modest when he says it's "probably very cruel". sharp as a razor-blade word-play...clever bastard.

BTW--that version of summer is awesome -everyone can take it as read that after hering von sing it i don't like the vocals but that's not to say they're bad. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Episkopos
Road Kill

kafka wrote:I'm pretty much convinced it's about domestic violence, personally. Which isn't to say there aren't more, er, shades of meaning. And there's no real reason that "It will never...it will never....rain again" can't fit into this interpretation, if rain here represents, say, tears or blood (but not sweat); I don't think everything HAS to be political (and in fact I think most of the new songs don't have much to do with the body politic).
Indeed they don't. Which would make "Summer" a fairly logical choice for first single, if my interpretation works; marking a slide from one condition to another.

Clever bloke, that :von:. Of course, this could all be the most utter rot imaginable and he could have just tossed it off one night and now be sitting around laughing himself silly at all this Rampant Speculation...
Kiss me, I'm Eldritch.
kafka
Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:
Click me. ;D
Good work, that man. It's not quite the same without Eldo singing, of course, but overall I'm quite impressed-- although there's a bit much reverb for my tastes. It's a cracking song, isn't it? Now how about a Crash and Burn?
[repeat x40]
James Blast
Banned

kafka wrote:Now how about a Crash and Burn?
http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=12094 :innocent:
~ Peter Steele
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

I think the "It will never... rain again" quote was from Roskilde (or whatever its called) in 1998. Thought I'd just add that in.
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Guedzilla
Amphetamine Filth

Guedzilla wrote: But I think there is one live version on which :von: says "It will never...it will never....rain again..." on the beginning...which brings me to the version that says it's about Europe...and there will be never rain AKA air-nuclear-strike-cold-war-thing again.
Just realized, actually he goes "Will it ever....rain again?"

Dunno...just makes me think more about the Europe version thing...
Eden
Road Kill

Really cool song, kafka I just wanted to say you have the greatest avatar Spinal Tap are GODS!
Sex Farm Woman
I'm gonna mow you down
Sex Farm Woman
I'll rake and hoe you down

-Spinal Tap
Guedzilla
Amphetamine Filth

Guedzilla wrote:
Guedzilla wrote: But I think there is one live version on which :von: says "It will never...it will never....rain again..." on the beginning...which brings me to the version that says it's about Europe...and there will be never rain AKA air-nuclear-strike-cold-war-thing again.
Just realized, actually he goes "Will it ever....rain again?"

Dunno...just makes me think more about the Europe version thing...
Ok. Actually, there are BOTH versions.
iesus
Overbomber

:eek: :eek: :eek: OMG
Guedzilla this pic in your avatar is amazing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."