Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
'Where the street fold round'

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerosene
Road Kill

PostPost #1  Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: 'Where the street fold round' Reply with quote Back to top

'Where the street fold round'

This line is in Driven Like The Snow and Under The Gun.
I might be a bit slow off the mark... but what's it refer to?

BTW I just renewed my abandoned account here, and I'm pretty sure this is my first post.
Dr. Moody
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #2  Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Seeing as its your first post n all....

"Where the sky meets the ground, where the streets fold round"..

might also mean when sung... where this guy meets the ground, the streets fold round being part of the feeling of crashing to the ground as the world whizzes past .

kinda

Mr. Green
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #3  Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The sky's the limit and someone's gone full circle. Mr. Green

edit - I can't leave it. I have to go into it some more. Laughing

Von goes on to say later on: Took a lot to live a lot like you. I think that what he's saying is his ability to control his habit was incredibly small since getting together with her and that he's gone full circle, back to how he was circa 1985. This explains the next line: I don't go there now. The whole white snow thing can be taken as a reference for coke too.

The song was about his breakup with his second (serious?) girlfriend after Claire.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

PostPost #4  Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

a fold can also pen you in
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #5  Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"Where the sky meet the ground" is obviously the horizon, might be a "somewhere over the rainbow" moment for Von. I've always seen "where the street fold round" quite literally, as in a corner. Turning a corner then, maybe?
Dr. Moody
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #6  Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mh wrote:
"Where the sky meet the ground" is obviously the horizon, might be a "somewhere over the rainbow" moment for Von. I've always seen "where the street fold round" quite literally, as in a corner. Turning a corner then, maybe?

yup that too Idea
kafka
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #7  Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A few more thoughts on all of this from the archives of the other place: http://www.mail-archive.com/dominion@toybox.twisted.org.uk/msg00176.html

Von does love his horizons, though, and all that they can represent: a long white line; a limit to perception or understanding; something to break on through.

I think Chris (on Dominion) makes an interesting point that, in Crash & Burn, Eldritch seems to at least be considering "break[ing] what he's been given, rather than respect[ing] its fragility," while deciding whether he/his life should be driven (like the snow) or something that he drives.

(Random aside: I have my ~16k itunes library shuffling away happily, and, just as I start writing this, Judy Collins' cover of "The Sisters of Mercy" comes on. Funny old world.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Lyrics All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: