Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Why the hatred... Pt2
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GC
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #1  Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Why the hatred... Pt2 Reply with quote Back to top

What's wrong with Patricia Morrisson?

Another case of please the master or does it run deeper?
Dark
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #2  Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dunno. I like her plenty. She looked good, plays bass well, and played with The Damned. Nowt to dislike.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

PostPost #3  Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No hatred at all from my site.... Very Happy
Badlander
Overbomber

PostPost #4  Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing at all, but not my type either. AFAIK she's not the best bass player ever, but that's about it.

Why should there be hatred anyway ? Neutral

Eldo has always been The Sisters and still is, while Wayne and Patsy only were band members for a rather short period of time. So as a Sisters fan, my loyalty goes to the grumpy old man. He has the ability to release Sisters albums (ah ah) and write Sisters songs without them. They don't. Plain and simple.
DeWinter

PostPost #5  Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Why the hatred... Pt2 Reply with quote Back to top

Gollum's Cock wrote:
What's wrong with Patricia Morrisson?

Another case of please the master or does it run deeper?

Mostly.I have no proof of this, but I've always been under the impression that Eldo didn't get what he wanted from Patsy, and when she got together with Dave Vanian he threw a tantrum.
She doesn't get it in the neck anywhere near to the same degree as Hussey, though. Perhaps because Hussey was an integral part of the band and quit of his own volition with acrimony. Patsy wasn't really much more than eye-candy to give the illusion of there actually being a band, and I think even Eldo's most moist-gusseted worshippers couldn't deny she was utterly shafted by him, and she kept pretty quiet about it, untill quite some time later.
I like her. She seems a nice person ,and Andreas Bruhn said how hard she tried to make him feel welcome despite her and Eldritch having a wall of ice between them.
Potski
Road Kill

PostPost #6  Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Was Morrisson shafted?

Thats for the courts to decided now, anybody know if a date has been set?

If Morrisson wins expect a new Sisters album to follow quickly!!
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #7  Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

(Fingers crossed) Please Patricia win! Please Patricia win! Please Patricia win!

I've no bother with her. Can't comment on her musical ability at all, as I don't know if I've ever even heard her playing (and even if the courts do decide, it's still nothing definitive either way), but she was definitely a part of the overall impact of the band on me at the time I was really discovering them, and as such was an important component which is missed somewhat.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

PostPost #8  Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mh wrote:
she was definitely a part of the overall impact of the band on me at the time I was really discovering them

Oh aye? It wasn't me... Laughing
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #9  Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

boudicca wrote:
mh wrote:
she was definitely a part of the overall impact of the band on me at the time I was really discovering them

Oh aye? It wasn't me... Laughing

What can I say, I was 16 and randy as hell.
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #10  Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have two very excellent live Gnu Club video concerts (wid tanks to mah Mon Koen ober der in dat Europa - Righteous Bro!) and the girl can play bass....
...and look great at the same time.

Next!
scotty
Overbomber

PostPost #11  Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

James Blast wrote:
..and the girl can play bass....

Agreed, saw Her Half a Dozen times with the Damned, Looks great, Sounds great We are not worthy!
Stoat Grinder
Road Kill

PostPost #12  Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Was Morrisson shafted?

Apparently not.... hence the fall out
It wasn't me...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #13  Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Count me in as part of the Patsy fan club Cool
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #14  Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

probably reasons:

1) she's goffix, and eldo said the sisters wernt goffix (as if!), so she's spoiling their reputation (ahahahahahahahah)

2) eldo said she didnt do anything in the band anyway

3) eldo said she had a fat arse

thus she gets a slating

unlike the mish-bashing, i suspect the patsy-bashing probably is more related to what von has said about her than anything she's done (or not done!) herself...

i have no feelings one way or the other tbh. i guess it was about time someone in the sisters had good hair Wink
the cake is a lie
Carpathian Psychonaut

PostPost #15  Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quiff Boy wrote:
i have no feelings one way or the other tbh. i guess it was about time someone in the sisters had good hair Wink

I just got funny looks for laughing out loud at my desk Laughing Laughing
radiojamaica
Overbomber

PostPost #16  Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

James Blast wrote:
I have two very excellent live Gnu Club video concerts (wid tanks to mah Mon Koen ober der in dat Europa - Righteous Bro!) and the girl can play bass....

Next!

Genau! Cool
That dvd is worth a watch when you're not impressed by Patsy, yet. She does things inna very fine style'n'fashion Mr. Green We are not worthy!
I just knew you'd like it, James.

In her case, it's Andrew's mistake to say the things he said. Still a shame she never played live with the little man though. Ah well, long time ago...
boudicca
Sister Midnight

PostPost #17  Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quiff Boy wrote:
1) she's goffix, and eldo said the sisters wernt goffix (as if!), so she's spoiling their reputation (ahahahahahahahah)

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I tend towards the opinion, from what I've heard, that she wasn't treated particularly well by Eldritch. As someone said, a case of being shafted and then remaining quiet about it publicly. In the full knowledge that, no matter how he actually was to her, if she did come out and say anything about him, it would likely end up being her that was viewed as sad and bitter... because Eldo is the "star" with the adulation. Even people with the most minor fame wield a great deal of power to keep those they mess about with silent... they can essentially get away with a hell of a lot because anyone relating a bad experience of them is often liable to end up looking bad themselves by speaking out.

Not a nice situation, but it certainly happens Neutral . I have a great deal of sympathy towards her.
DeWinter

PostPost #18  Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Potski wrote:
Was Morrisson shafted?

Thats for the courts to decided now, anybody know if a date has been set?

Well..she wasn't done over in any sense illegally.
Eldritch and Morrison were friends previously, the FALAA line-up of The Sisters and The Gun Club having toured together(in The States, presumably). When Hussey and the rest of the band quit, he called Morrison in.
She received a contract from him, but didn't get it looked over by a lawyer, she took it on trust. The end result being that when Eldritch booted her out of the band with the words "I have no further use for you", she found out she wasn't entitled to a single penny, and there was absolutely nothing she could do about it. As she was a competent bassist before and after her time in The Sisters, people don't give much credence to Eldritch's claims about her musical talent, and generally believe her side of the story on this as well.
She only mentioned this a few years ago when asked on a Q&A on The Damned's website about her relations with "the ever-charming Andrew Eldritch".
Still, he did her a favour, she and Vanian got married, she became bassist to The Damned, and probably tours more, and gets better paid than any of Eldo's current bunch of street-buskers.
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #19  Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

& she got to work in a real studio again with a product to show for it at the end It wasn't me...
TheCureCommunity
Dark
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #20  Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That does irritate me, DeWinter. Every "contract" I make with a band regarding my label is generally along the lines of "we won't sign anything, you don't screw us over, we won't screw you over". We work on trust, and have been justly rewarded. And hearing things like that just convince me even more not to take the major label / Eldritch approach and con people with trust.
ruffers
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #21  Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dark wrote:
That does irritate me, DeWinter. Every "contract" I make with a band regarding my label is generally along the lines of "we won't sign anything, you don't screw us over, we won't screw you over". We work on trust, and have been justly rewarded. And hearing things like that just convince me even more not to take the major label / Eldritch approach and con people with trust.

We all work on trust whether it's friends, lovers, business or anything. Then, if you're one of 99.9% of the population, you get shafted.

All that varies is the stakes.
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #22  Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i sometimes even forget she was in the band...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
canon docre
Overbomber

PostPost #23  Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in no matter familiar with the Eldritch/Morrison case, hence my question: what monetary income should she expect after leaving the band if she didnt co-write any songs? I can't see her being credited on Floodland anywhere.
She probably got a contract to play live shows/TV appearances and do some promo and thats about it.
Badlander
Overbomber

PostPost #24  Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ouch. Good point Jess. Cool
boudicca
Sister Midnight

PostPost #25  Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dark wrote:

Yes, well that just illustrates the difference between you and some less scrupulous sorts, Korin Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: