Why the hatred... Pt2

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
GC
Slight Overbomber

What's wrong with Patricia Morrisson?

Another case of please the master or does it run deeper?
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Dunno. I like her plenty. She looked good, plays bass well, and played with The Damned. Nowt to dislike.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

No hatred at all from my site.... :D
"as we walk on the floodland"
Badlander
Overbomber

Nothing at all, but not my type either. AFAIK she's not the best bass player ever, but that's about it.

Why should there be hatred anyway ? :|

Eldo has always been The Sisters and still is, while Wayne and Patsy only were band members for a rather short period of time. So as a Sisters fan, my loyalty goes to the grumpy old man. He has the ability to release Sisters albums (ah ah) and write Sisters songs without them. They don't. Plain and simple.
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
DeWinter
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Gollum's Cock wrote:What's wrong with Patricia Morrisson?

Another case of please the master or does it run deeper?
Mostly.I have no proof of this, but I've always been under the impression that Eldo didn't get what he wanted from Patsy, and when she got together with Dave Vanian he threw a tantrum.
She doesn't get it in the neck anywhere near to the same degree as Hussey, though. Perhaps because Hussey was an integral part of the band and quit of his own volition with acrimony. Patsy wasn't really much more than eye-candy to give the illusion of there actually being a band, and I think even Eldo's most moist-gusseted worshippers couldn't deny she was utterly shafted by him, and she kept pretty quiet about it, untill quite some time later.
I like her. She seems a nice person ,and Andreas Bruhn said how hard she tried to make him feel welcome despite her and Eldritch having a wall of ice between them.
Potski
Road Kill

Was Morrisson shafted?

Thats for the courts to decided now, anybody know if a date has been set?

If Morrisson wins expect a new Sisters album to follow quickly!!
mh
Above the Chemist

(Fingers crossed) Please Patricia win! Please Patricia win! Please Patricia win!

I've no bother with her. Can't comment on her musical ability at all, as I don't know if I've ever even heard her playing (and even if the courts do decide, it's still nothing definitive either way), but she was definitely a part of the overall impact of the band on me at the time I was really discovering them, and as such was an important component which is missed somewhat.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

mh wrote:she was definitely a part of the overall impact of the band on me at the time I was really discovering them
Oh aye? :innocent: :lol:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
mh
Above the Chemist

boudicca wrote:
mh wrote:she was definitely a part of the overall impact of the band on me at the time I was really discovering them
Oh aye? :innocent: :lol:
What can I say, I was 16 and randy as hell.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
James Blast
Banned

I have two very excellent live Gnu Club video concerts (wid tanks to mah Mon Koen ober der in dat Europa - Righteous Bro!) and the girl can play bass....
...and look great at the same time.

Next!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
scotty
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:..and the girl can play bass....
Agreed, saw Her Half a Dozen times with the Damned, Looks great, Sounds great :notworthy:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Stoat Grinder
Road Kill

Was Morrisson shafted?
Apparently not.... hence the fall out
:innocent:
Unspoilt By Progress
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Count me in as part of the Patsy fan club 8)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

probably reasons:

1) she's goffix, and eldo said the sisters wernt goffix (as if!), so she's spoiling their reputation (ahahahahahahahah)

2) eldo said she didnt do anything in the band anyway

3) eldo said she had a fat arse

thus she gets a slating

unlike the mish-bashing, i suspect the patsy-bashing probably is more related to what von has said about her than anything she's done (or not done!) herself...

i have no feelings one way or the other tbh. i guess it was about time someone in the sisters had good hair ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Carpathian Psychonaut

Quiff Boy wrote:i have no feelings one way or the other tbh. i guess it was about time someone in the sisters had good hair ;)
I just got funny looks for laughing out loud at my desk :lol: :lol:
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
radiojamaica
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:I have two very excellent live Gnu Club video concerts (wid tanks to mah Mon Koen ober der in dat Europa - Righteous Bro!) and the girl can play bass....

Next!

Genau! 8)
That dvd is worth a watch when you're not impressed by Patsy, yet. She does things inna very fine style'n'fashion ;D :notworthy:
I just knew you'd like it, James.

In her case, it's Andrew's mistake to say the things he said. Still a shame she never played live with the little man though. Ah well, long time ago...
in dub we trust
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Quiff Boy wrote:1) she's goffix, and eldo said the sisters wernt goffix (as if!), so she's spoiling their reputation (ahahahahahahahah)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I tend towards the opinion, from what I've heard, that she wasn't treated particularly well by Eldritch. As someone said, a case of being shafted and then remaining quiet about it publicly. In the full knowledge that, no matter how he actually was to her, if she did come out and say anything about him, it would likely end up being her that was viewed as sad and bitter... because Eldo is the "star" with the adulation. Even people with the most minor fame wield a great deal of power to keep those they mess about with silent... they can essentially get away with a hell of a lot because anyone relating a bad experience of them is often liable to end up looking bad themselves by speaking out.

Not a nice situation, but it certainly happens :| . I have a great deal of sympathy towards her.
DeWinter

Potski wrote:Was Morrisson shafted?

Thats for the courts to decided now, anybody know if a date has been set?
Well..she wasn't done over in any sense illegally.
Eldritch and Morrison were friends previously, the FALAA line-up of The Sisters and The Gun Club having toured together(in The States, presumably). When Hussey and the rest of the band quit, he called Morrison in.
She received a contract from him, but didn't get it looked over by a lawyer, she took it on trust. The end result being that when Eldritch booted her out of the band with the words "I have no further use for you", she found out she wasn't entitled to a single penny, and there was absolutely nothing she could do about it. As she was a competent bassist before and after her time in The Sisters, people don't give much credence to Eldritch's claims about her musical talent, and generally believe her side of the story on this as well.
She only mentioned this a few years ago when asked on a Q&A on The Damned's website about her relations with "the ever-charming Andrew Eldritch".
Still, he did her a favour, she and Vanian got married, she became bassist to The Damned, and probably tours more, and gets better paid than any of Eldo's current bunch of street-buskers.
Pista
Cureboi

& she got to work in a real studio again with a product to show for it at the end :innocent:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Dark
Underneath the Rock

That does irritate me, DeWinter. Every "contract" I make with a band regarding my label is generally along the lines of "we won't sign anything, you don't screw us over, we won't screw you over". We work on trust, and have been justly rewarded. And hearing things like that just convince me even more not to take the major label / Eldritch approach and con people with trust.
ruffers
Overbomber

Dark wrote:That does irritate me, DeWinter. Every "contract" I make with a band regarding my label is generally along the lines of "we won't sign anything, you don't screw us over, we won't screw you over". We work on trust, and have been justly rewarded. And hearing things like that just convince me even more not to take the major label / Eldritch approach and con people with trust.
We all work on trust whether it's friends, lovers, business or anything. Then, if you're one of 99.9% of the population, you get shafted.

All that varies is the stakes.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

i sometimes even forget she was in the band...
canon docre
Overbomber

I'm in no matter familiar with the Eldritch/Morrison case, hence my question: what monetary income should she expect after leaving the band if she didnt co-write any songs? I can't see her being credited on Floodland anywhere.
She probably got a contract to play live shows/TV appearances and do some promo and thats about it.
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
Badlander
Overbomber

Ouch. Good point Jess. 8)
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Dark wrote:That does irritate me, DeWinter. Every "contract" I make with a band regarding my label is generally along the lines of "we won't sign anything, you don't screw us over, we won't screw you over". We work on trust, and have been justly rewarded. And hearing things like that just convince me even more not to take the major label / Eldritch approach and con people with trust.
Yes, well that just illustrates the difference between you and some less scrupulous sorts, Korin :)