T'Mish - The End Is Nigh

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
bananacamel
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I'll be there all four nights, but probably will be there too late to get to the pub, hopefully see some of you there ;)
I've got a mind like a poisonous fish...
ff
Road Kill

I thin m*****n made some of the bigests mistakes.

1. waynne use the same guitars playing as in FALALL in a lot of albums
2. He put to public to much f.....g song ( better if a lot of them should be no released) to LP/CD
3. He should be make another way to conflict to TSOM.
4. And make better lyrics, what is the strongest thing of A.E.
5. Of course he made some very nice songs, but take look on video... But if you hearing albums you heard the same guitars.... It is the the biggest problem.
Potski
Road Kill

ff wrote:I thin m*****n made some of the bigests mistakes.

1. waynne use the same guitars playing as in FALALL in a lot of albums
2. He put to public to much f.....g song ( better if a lot of them should be no released) to LP/CD
3. He should be make another way to conflict to TSOM.
4. And make better lyrics, what is the strongest thing of A.E.
5. Of course he made some very nice songs, but take look on video... But if you hearing albums you heard the same guitars.... It is the the biggest problem.
ERRR WHAT?

Say what you want about Mr Hussey, but he is the most under-rated guitarist of his generation. He wrote the music to at least half of falaa if he wants to use the same sound elsewhere its up to him! Its a guitarist of Hussey's calibre that the Sisters are missing at the moment.

Wish I was going to the London shows cus it sounds as if The Mish are storming it at the moment
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

I'll say what I like about tyhe Huss monster.

The Mish never topped FALAA era sisters but Wayne's use of the same guitar style made for some excellent albums none the less.

I'd say the m*****n released a lot of pish in amoungst the genius stuff, whereas I'd say the sisters where all killer and no filler.

But after it all, The Mish wrote some amazing music and when I saw them in 2005 they were absolutely brillient. I have high hopes that this lot of shows are going to be better than that one.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
ff
Road Kill

It the biggest mistakes that he use the same style like in FALAA, he should be be made in other style but he dont made this step. take look at Floodland and Vision thing albums of sisters. They are changed, but m*****n no, always the same. depeche mOde are changed their voice of keyboards in every 2 albums, but m*****n are not....

I think that m*****n "never again" song is very nice and i love it, but graps of wrath no.................

I think that Mr.Von made better descision "one song is great and better than 10 "f**king" songs".
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

now is not the best time...
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Seconded, apologies :oops:
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

snowey wrote:Word of warning Andrew... Shep Bush station on the Central line is shut you have to use Shep Bush station in the Hammersmith & City Line (I think). Both stations are close to the empire and if you can't see o'neils from the venue then you need your eyes testing...lol
I gather O'Neill's is right next door so hopefully even I should be able to find it! Cheers for the Central Line warning.
paul
Overbomber

ff wrote:I thin m*****n made some of the bigests mistakes.
Blah blah blah, who gives a sh*t about That Guitarist's guitar sound or his abilities as a guitarist in this stage.

I went to Utrecht to see 'm and it was excellent! Good sound, great songs, the band in a good mood. Also a bit emotional to me knowing it was the last time hearing those songs and seeing the band live. Although the show was great, I had some mixed feelings afterwards.
passingcomplexion
Road Kill

Potski wrote:
ff wrote:...Its a guitarist of Hussey's calibre that the Sisters are missing at the moment...
I couldn't disagree more. Chris is an excellent musician and Ben and Chris are excellent guitarists.
What the Sisters lack is a live bassist, IMO.
I think Wayne was/is a very good guitarist (saw m*****n live in Keighley a few years ago) also but the current guys don't detract from the live sound, it's just a different guitar sound.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

passingcomplexion wrote:
Potski wrote:
ff wrote:...Its a guitarist of Hussey's calibre that the Sisters are missing at the moment...
I couldn't disagree more. Chris is an excellent musician and Ben and Chris are excellent guitarists.
I think Wayne was/is a very good guitarist (saw m*****n live in Keighley a few years ago) also but the current guys don't detract from the live sound, it's just a different guitar sound.
agreed 8)

(apart from the mish in keighley bit - wild horses wouldn't have gotten me there :lol:)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Swinnow
Overbomber

Hmmmm, methinks some of you never got past listening to Gods Own Medicine or the Garden Of Delight single. The sound of Mish albums changed each time and only the most one-eyed or one-eared wouldn't agree. I mean.... compare Children with Aura, or Carved with GIAB. OK, some of the lyrics can make your teeth curl, but as a rock band they cut it big style.

Having seen many. many TSOM and Mish shows from 1982 onwards I struggle to recall a truely bad Mish live appearance but could give you a few examples of TSOM gigs where they appeared to go through the motions.

I'll be heading down the M1 from Leeds for the Friday and Saturday m*****n gigs, see you there.

I'll also happily head out to watch the next Sisters tour, but maybe with a bit more trepidation about whether it'll blow me away. But then again, I'm just an old rocker who maybe doesn't know any better.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
richmagpies
Road Kill

I'll be there on saturday night too. IMHO they have always given it their all and the last ever one should be a stormer - wouldnt miss it for the world!
silentNate
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Walked out before the end last night. I'm going to try to be nice but tbh aside from the intro music the t-shirts were great :oops:
I had a face on the mirror
I had a hand on the gun
I had a place in the sun and a ticket to Syria
robertzombie
Overbomber

Absolutely brilliant gig last night!

Dead Guitars were surprisingly good for a support band. The Smurphs were fantastic! (especially the woman! :twisted:) and the mish put on an unbelievably great show :notworthy:
On top of that I might some great heartlanders :D

And now to do it all over again! ;D
scotty
Overbomber

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

It's been great so far and 2 days to go!

The Mish have been fookin' great and unlike some I could mention :innocent: can still cut it live.

All in all it's proving to be a hell of a week-end 8)
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
silentNate
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

robertzombie wrote:Dead Guitars were surprisingly good for a support band.
They were deriviative and couldn't decide whether they wanted to be the Smiths or the Cure- I really enjoyed them personally 8)
I had a face on the mirror
I had a hand on the gun
I had a place in the sun and a ticket to Syria
radiojamaica
Overbomber

silentNate wrote:
robertzombie wrote:Dead Guitars were surprisingly good for a support band.
They were deriviative and couldn't decide whether they wanted to be the Smiths or the Cure- I really enjoyed them personally 8)
I kinda missed them in Waregem, because we had more important things to do at the bar, but what I heard sounded very much like the Cure to me... there are much worse things than that ;D

And I'd like to wish another 2 fantastic nights to everybody doin' the London Thing! Shake your rump peepz! 8)
in dub we trust
robertzombie
Overbomber

Another brilliant show last night. Kinda regret not getting tickets to all four but I'm happy with the 2 I got to see :D

They should've done the albums in reverse order!
PipoTheClown
Amphetamine Filth

passingcomplexion wrote:
Potski wrote:
I agree that the sisters need a real bassplayer. But I do believe that
a truely creative mind would benefit the sisters well, to create better
songs.
Axe FX - Fractal Adidio
undertow
Amphetamine Filth

If you can go tonight, Saturday , go..
'I have reason to believe' he said, 'that one of you has been going out at night!'
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

They have been so BRILLIANT!

I've just got home, and my god, I'm totally amped on the Mish!

I bumbed into a lot of heartlanders. A big hello to all of you I met and spoke to. Hello to Doomwolf, whom I met in line on the first night, and was fortunate enough to meet up with each subsequent night. Last I heard she was off partying while I was battling my way back home.

I didn't take any photos, but I know Doomwolf did, I hope to see them soon :)

I was filmed for the DVD (a mini interview in the line) but I made such a berk of myself I think I'll get edited out.

"Why have you come to see the m*****n?"
"Because I like, didn't see them in the 80's right, and they're dead good"
"Why do you like them?"
"Because they're dead good and dancey and rocky and dark but funny and brilliant oh god I've cocked this up can I start again?"
"Don't worry about it"

Of the first...

A shockingly good gig. Some old songs played with energy and passion. Garden of Delight and Serpent's Kiss were real highlights for me. Everyone was happy that First Chapter was followed by a secondary set of other great tunes, ending the night on a real high with Tower (suprise suprise). The use of pompous classical music for the introduction was a very nice touch.

And the second...

Of all the gigs, this was my personal favourate. God's Own Medicine is my favourate Mish album and they did it real justice. Formed my first really big human pyramind, adding a huge adrenaline rush to what was already a huge high anyway. The crowd were loving it, I was loving it, the band were loving it.

Cutting to the chase...

All four were marvellous. The band sounded good, they looked good and everyone seemed happy as hell. Different sets every night finished off with long encores packing with classics made for four nights of music that really were brilliant each time. I really feel privelidged to have been there. I'm not sad they are breaking up, simply because the farewell was such an over poweringly good experience that I'll always look back on the m*****n with joy. I'll be proud to say "I was there" in years to come.

eldorado69
Road Kill

@ Maisey Brilliant photo.
Fantastic gigs. I'm so pleased I made the effort to go. :D [/b]
It disturbs me no more to find men base, unjust, or selfish than to see apes mischievous, wolves savage, or the vulture ravenous
Pista
Cureboi

Top photo there Maisey

I didn't get to these shows, but was glad to be there when they kicked off the whole Crusade.
I met a lot of brilliant people along the way & even sat a made roll-up ciggies with Craig Adams in Horsham (Champagne's nightclub) where a friend's band (Torture Garden) was supporting them for their secret gig. He called me & all I could hear was the Mish soundchecking in the background.
I don't think I hung up the phone & was on a train within 5 minutes.
& on the calibre of guitarist subject, I think Waynetta held his own when Gary departed. I still shiver when I listen to KOHD on Wake.
Yeah they did their fair share of crap, as have others :innocent: , but never forget that they did actually shine brightly most of the time.

@The m*****n
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity