photos

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
reactiv8
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Obviousman wrote: Far better than the hand IMO!
Read your post with much interest. Can we keep this up in 'Photography Corner'? - If it doesn't annoy James too much? (I was always told not to be bitter, but I slip sometimes ...)

Also, with reference to above, I take it you too use a tripod when you can? 'tis cumbersome, but usually essential, and always will be. I have a trusty Benbo ... :D
They (The Establishment) use sex as an addiction for control, just as they use alcohol and drugs ...
- A programme of systematic frustration in order to sell this crock of s**t as immortality, a garden of delights and love. ...
James Blast
Banned

Please do not think I disapprove of anyone's work, I've just been there - I was taught from day#1 at art school to "think, then think again* before you click" (it has many implications I can and will get into, if you want)
I comment honestly on work I see here (just as I expect honest comments about what I post) - nice does mean "nice/good/excellent"
"out of focus/blurry/bad comp/Who/What?" means monkey spunk! :lol:

indulge me ;D

RELAX! ;D

* We didn't have the plague of "Paparazzi" and "Celeb Culture" we have nooadays, but even back then, way in the last century, my lecturer instilled in me to be "factual, dignified but above all else - considered". If your 'click' of the shutter can make a difference for the good, or the bad - think again before you press that button". He also did a lecture about how "photography" could be akin to masturbating... I was staring out the window at the garden in the middle of the art school and "Master of the Universe" by Hawkwind was playing in my napper.

guid days... Mahn...
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

reactiv8 wrote:
Obviousman wrote: Far better than the hand IMO!
Read your post with much interest. Can we keep this up in 'Photography Corner'? - If it doesn't annoy James too much? (I was always told not to be bitter, but I slip sometimes ...)

Also, with reference to above, I take it you too use a tripod when you can? 'tis cumbersome, but usually essential, and always will be. I have a trusty Benbo ... :D
Thanks! I'd be glad to continue that 8)

Tripods? Not really. No need for them actually, there's a very simple rule of thumb that will make your pictures are never blurred! I take more time than most photographers already as I have to set everything and I don't want to attract even more attention :oops: :lol: The only thing where I reckon it might come in handy would be night shots as my lense is far to slow, even when it gets really overcast I have to go up to ISO400 to get a good shot. :|

And interesting read there James!

Just testing the Macro function. Nothing too spectacular, but looks quite nice nevertheless...
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

I would post one of mine, but they kinda breach the unspoken HL rules for posting content (albeit artistic in nature).

You know where to find them if you want to take a look
|
|
|
V
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

For those of us who watch clouds on a lazy moment...

With shades on it was interesting!
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

@Laz: Gave it a click, liked it much! That's way out of my league :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

@Debs: Mmmmm, clouds. My hard drive has too many cloud pictures on it :oops: :lol: (though I think only digitals, I should try slide + polarizer :D)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
reactiv8
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I appreciate all you say @Blast, I really do, and I’m glad we can discuss this without it descending into insults – quite refreshing … I was ‘taught’ a load of guff at art school & uni that I have since largely ignored. I do think (for myself), and think they are a bunch of sycophantic, self-congratulating sc*m. Neither my art school nor the ‘university’ of ****** knew Jack Sh*t about computers or cameras – amazingly neither did they want to either, despite my shouting and stamping. I got so exasperated with them … well you know the rest of this? … I guess you went to a proper art school, but it was in Scotland after all, eh? Please comment away, but ‘nice’ is rather a meaningless word, eh? … Be gentle(ish) too please?, as criticism can put folk off, and everyone has to start somewhere. However, “out of focus/blurry/bad comp/Who/What?� does mean “monkey sp*nk� and obviously grates on your finely tuned artistic sensibility … Hopefully we will continue to indulge you and other HLs interested in this stuff … As for relaxing, mmm, not so easy, but we have been into all of that before, eh?! Seems your lecturer spoke wise words which you evidently listened to, understood and learned from. As for photography being akin to ‘self love’! – Harsh words, but what would I expect from a Scotsman? Being a Southern Softy I’d probably say it could enter the unwelcome preserve of vanity, so we are more or less agreed on that, eh? As for listening to The Hawks at art school, whilst at said lecture … !!! Point taken, but the young Blast was evidently an aspiring Hawklord, so all is forgiven. Guid dayz indeed, Mahn … So, have TSOM ever matched up to those Sonic Assassins I wonder? I’m not so sure myself, but Von teaming up with Dave Brock (Lemmy & Nik Turner too? … or is that pushing my fantasy too far?), at Stonehenge, at night, would indeed be an unmissable event, eh?

Let us indeed continue @Obviousman … I’m interested/surprised what you say about tripods … Hmmm, let me reserve judgement on that one, eh? Aye, of course take as much time as possible with your shots and ignore distractions. Setting ISO to 400, 800, 1600 or further can and does give good results for sure, and often the grain is a welcome addition. I suppose I often use a tripod ‘cos I’m really also recording what I see, as opposed to trying to be artistic (lazy too though, hrumpf) … I liked those flowers, and your composition – were they wild roses? Can we be allowed to know what settings you used and which film? Yeah, Macro is another universe entirely, but don’t tempt me?! (goes rushing off into the digital archive …)

Er, ‘nice’ (whoops …) stuff @lazaruscorporation … ‘commercial though’ surely? – Good work if you can get it etc. I used to live in Brighton once upon a time – looks as though you’ve got much artier since then, eh?

Staring at the skies again @MB?! … Were your shades polarised? ;) - Are you encouraging us?
Obviousman wrote:@Debs: Mmmmm, clouds. My hard drive has too many cloud pictures on it :oops: :lol: (though I think only digitals, I should try slide + polarizer :D)
Aye @Obviousman get ‘em out son!

So, after all of that, I couldn’t resist this ‘handheld’ shot with my little compact, which actually shoots a good 16:9 aspect ratio for this stuff, but no polariser … I didn’t dip into Picasa either for the useful Graduated Filter ! … Shot last July in the field next to where I live – ‘Nice’ sky/skies, eh?

Now, ‘tis time for some dual-boot experimentation … Hope I don’t wipe out my C: drive!
Dum de dum …
They (The Establishment) use sex as an addiction for control, just as they use alcohol and drugs ...
- A programme of systematic frustration in order to sell this crock of s**t as immortality, a garden of delights and love. ...
James Blast
Banned

Get Bent!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Obviousman wrote: @Debs: Mmmmm, clouds. My hard drive has too many cloud pictures on it :oops: :lol: (though I think only digitals, I should try slide + polarizer :D)
I love watching clouds! :D Your slide + polarizer are words you speak that I have no idea what you mean! Photos is only a hobby for me! :oops:
reactiv8 wrote:Staring at the skies again @MB?! … Were your shades polarised? :wink: - Are you encouraging us?
I'm always staring at the skies, that's old news! My shades have UV filtering and cheapish ones too! My digital camera is just something that was handy at the time in a relaxing moment...can't you see the ghost?!

Encourage you folk....nah, I just tease.
that ongoing eternity
James Blast
Banned

Dilettante!? :twisted:
~ Peter Steele
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

That's you alright! :twisted:
that ongoing eternity
James Blast
Banned

Non!
Technical Gimp... poss
Caring Photographer who kens it is a craft - Mibbies!

and a great many thanks for showing your racist undercurrents Mr. 8, shows just what a 'Rad Dude' you are, :|

nah, ye huvnae even spotted it yet...
~ Peter Steele
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

let undercurrents be...in the past our crowd has dealt with them and I've told Chris to take it easy but other than that, he arrived when I wasn't here remember and he's just an old hippy! But than some of the other nutters we have had in here from the USA...that couple that the one posted in orange and his whatever causing constant crap in here!
that ongoing eternity
smiscandlon
Overbomber

MadameButterfly wrote:just an old hippy!
No excuse for behaving like a dick.
анархия
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

smiscandlon wrote:
We´ve had worse with them thinking they had even bigger cocks my dear!

We can deal with this one if need be!
that ongoing eternity
Silver_Owl
The Don

smiscandlon wrote:
Indeed. :evil:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
smiscandlon
Overbomber

MadameButterfly wrote:We´ve had worse
Beg to differ.
анархия
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

smiscandlon wrote:
Beg to differ.
Nah my dear...we´ve had f**king weirdos in here before...our mr.8 is just a lost hippy with a wayward way....
that ongoing eternity
smiscandlon
Overbomber

MadameButterfly wrote:
smiscandlon wrote:
Beg to differ.
Nah my dear...we´ve had f**king weirdos in here before...our mr.8 is just a lost hippy with a wayward way....
You disappoint me.
анархия
psichonaut
Overbomber

MadameButterfly wrote:mr.8
mr8?....is he reactive8 bros? ;D
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

smiscandlon wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:
smiscandlon wrote: Beg to differ.
You disappoint me.
I´m sorry but give me mr. 8 instead of um let´s say Dark Angel anyday!

:twisted:
that ongoing eternity
smiscandlon
Overbomber

MadameButterfly wrote:
smiscandlon wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote: Nah my dear...we´ve had f**king weirdos in here before...our mr.8 is just a lost hippy with a wayward way....
You disappoint me.

At least Dark Angel (eventually) got the message and fucked off.
анархия
Silver_Owl
The Don

MadameButterfly wrote:
smiscandlon wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote: Nah my dear...we´ve had f**king weirdos in here before...our mr.8 is just a lost hippy with a wayward way....
You disappoint me.

He even makes ninewhilenine seem like (...tries to think what the opposite of troll is... :? )...
Last edited by Silver_Owl on 13 Apr 2008, 22:07, edited 1 time in total.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
mh
Above the Chemist

Shhhhhh! Don't mention the names!!!
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Silver_Owl
The Don

mh wrote:Shhhhhh! Don't mention the names!!!
CANDYMAN...CANDYMAN...CANDY.... :eek:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.